New home

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun kept trying to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. Baekhyun looked around to see if there was anything he could use to pry open the door. He had to get to Daehyun before it was too late.

Baekhyun pulled out his phone and called his mom.

'What's going on?' Mrs. Byun asked when she answered the phone.

'Eomma, I'm trapped in one of the rooms at the jail. They're getting ready to kill Daehyun'. Tears started falling from Baekhyun's eyes again at the thought of losing his husband.

'How'd you get trapped in the room?'

'I think it's locked from the outside. I can't get to Daehyun'.

'I'm coming down there'. Mrs. Byun said.

'No, eomma. Don't bring the boys here. I don't want them to see Daehyun like this'.

'What are you going to do?'

'I'll find a way out of here'.

Baekhyun hung up the phone and looked around the room. There wasn't really anything he could use. The room only had a desk and chair. Baekhyun went over to the desk and opened drawers. Inside the top drawer he found a paperclip.

Baekhyun went over and put the paperclip in the lock to see if it would unlock, but nothing happened. Baekhyun sighed, but kept trying to open the door.

 

Officer Park and officer Kim took Daehyun down the hall. Each of them had a hold of one of his arms.

'So, what happened with this new attack?' Daehyun asked.

'Nothing'. Officer Park said.

'But it clearly wasn't me. I was here the whole time'.

'You must know something about these attacks'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I promise you, I know nothing about them'.

Officer Park and officer Kim looked at each other.

'Please let me go'. Daehyun said. 'I need to get home to my husband and kids'.

'We've already made up our minds'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I know I'm related to the attacker, but he hates me. I wouldn't help him blew up my home where my husband and kids live. There has to be something else you can do'.

 

Baekhyun kept fighting with the door, but he still couldn't get it to open. Baekhyun threw the paperclip at the wall. He leaned his back against the wall and slid down to the floor. He sat there realizing he was probably too late to save Daehyun now. He didn't know what he was going to do without him. How the boys were going to grow up without their father. Just when Taehyung was starting to warm up to Daehyun, this had to happen.

Baekhyun let the tears fall down his cheeks, he didn't care anymore. He did everything he could for Daehyun and his sons. There was nothing else he could do now.

Baekhyun heard the doorknob start moving. He looked up at it. He figured it was either officer Park or officer Kim letting him know Daehyun was gone for good. Baekhyun pulled his legs up to his chest. He layed his arms on top of his legs and put his head down. He didn't want to see either of them.

The door opened and Baekhyun heard footsteps get closer to him. He peaked through his arms and saw only one pair of shoes. Baekhyun still didn't look up at the person.

'Leave me alone'. Baekhyun said through his tears. 'I don't want to hear what you have to say'.

But the person didn't go away.

Baekhyun felt a hand on his shoulder and moved away. 'Go away'.

'Baek'.

Baekhyun looked up at the sound of the voice. It wasn't officer Park or officer Kim. 

Baekhyun sat in shock, then threw his arms around the person's neck.

'Dae'. Baekhyun held him tightly as tears continued to fall down his cheeks. 'You're still here'.

Daehyun held Baekhyun just as tight and kissed his cheek. 'I'm never leaving you again'.

Daehyun went to stand up, but Baekhyun wouldn't let him go. 'Just a few more minutes'. Baekhyun said as he pulled Daehyun next to him.

'Baek, we need to get home to the boys'. Daehyun said as he rubbed Baekhyun's back.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Okay. I never want to see this place again'.

Daehyun stood up and helped Baekhyun up. Baekhyun attached himself to Daehyun's side afraid to let him go.

Daehyun smiled and kissed the top of Baekhyun's head.

They made their way outside the room and ran into officer Park and officer Kim.

Baekhyun froze and grabbed Daehyun tighter afraid they were going to try and take Daehyun from him again.

Officer Park could read the look on Baekhyun's face. 'Don't worry'. He said. 'We have decided to let Daehyun go'.

'What made you change your mind?' Baekhyun asked.

'Well the fact he was in here the whole time the second attack happened, plus the fact that he didn't know where the attack was at. We realized it's only his father that's behind it'.

'So Daehyun and I won't have any problems with you later?'

Officer Park shook his head. 'You shouldn't have to see us again. Especially since you'll be on a different planet'.

'What?' Baekhyun looked at them shocked.

'Remember it was either kill Daehyun or send him to another planet'.

'Another planet it is'. Baekhyun said still holding Daehyun tight. He would move anywhere he had to as long as he didn't lose Daehyun again.

'You leave tomorrow. You can pack your things today'. Officer Park said.

Baekhyun nodded and led Daehyun out of the building.

 

'Baek, can you let go a little?' Daehyun said when they were outside. 'You're starting to cut off my circulation'.

Baekhyun didn't want to loosen his grip, but he also didn't want to hurt Daehyun either so he let go but still held Daehyun's hand.

'I really thought I was never going to see you again'. Baekhyun said as they walked to his mom's house.

'Me too'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's hand. 'I'm sorry I put you through that'.

'Just remember, you owe me some amazing alone time'.

'Of course babe'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead. 'We both need it'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I never want to go through that again. The boys and I can't lose you'.

'You won't. I told you, I'm not leaving you again'.

'I'm holding you to that'.

Daehyun smiled and held Baekhyun as they kept walking.

 

Baekhyun opened the door to his mom's house. The house was quiet. Baekhyun looked around the house for the boys and his mom.

'Eomma?' He called. He didn't like how quiet the house was. He was worried about the boys. 'Eomma?' He called again.

'Shh'. Baekhyun turned and saw his mom coming down the hallway. 'The boys are asleep'.

'Sorry'. Baekhyun said as he hugged his mom.

Mrs. Byun looked over at Daehyun. 'They let you go?'

Daehyun nodded. 'They did, but now I have to leave the planet'.

'Well, that's better than what they were going to do to you'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'The main thing is he's home now, and we have to figure out what we're going to do now'.

'Eomma!' Baekhyun looked down and saw Taehyung run towards him. Baekhyun threw his arms around Taehyung and held him tight.

'I thought you were sleeping'. Mrs. Byun said.

'I heard eomma's voice'. Taehyung said not letting go of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun held him in his arms and kissed his cheek.

Taehyung looked over at Daehyun and smiled. 'Appa's back too'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed Taehyung's forehead.

'Appa, did you save a lot of people?' Taehyung asked excitedly.

Daehyun looked at him confused but then nodded. 'Absolutely, a ton of them'.

'So you're a super hero without powers'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'He's always been a super hero. Now go back to bed'.

'No, I want to stay here with you and appa'.

'Alright'. After everything they've been through, Baekhyun wasn't going to fight him.

Baekhyun sat on the couch next to Daehyun and put his head on his shoulder. Then he felt Taehyung climb up in between them. Baekhyun looked over at Daehyun and moved over enough so Taehyung could have room to sit.

Daehyun smiled and reached over so he could still have his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. Baekhyun reached his hand up and intertwined their fingers.

Taehyung layed his head on Baekhyun and started falling asleep. Baekhyun used his free hand to rub Taehyung's back and hair. He looked at Taehyung knowing that he had no idea how much his life was going to change. All of their lives were going to change. 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up early and started packing the boys bags plus his bag. They'd have to go back home and get Daehyun's stuff. Daehyun told Baekhyun he'd go get his things, but Baekhyun refused to have Daehyun go by himself. Daehyun didn't fight him on it. They left the boys with Baekhyun's mom as they went to get Daehyun's things.

Baekhyun looked around the house as Daehyun packed his bags. The burn marks were still on the walls and floor from Bambam. Baekhyun went into the boy's rooms to make sure he didn't leave anything behind. 

Baekhyun went out in the hallway and saw Daehyun waiting for him.

'Ready?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun nodded and grabbed Daehyun's hand. 'I'm going to miss this place. We have a lot of memories here'.

'I know. But we have a chance to start over again'.

Baekhyun smiled and helped Daehyun with his bags as they went back to his mom's house.

 

The boys and Mrs. Byun were ready when they got there. Baekhyun took Bambam and held him, then grabbed Taehyung's hand as they left.

'Eomma, where are we going?' Taehyung asked.

'We're going on a trip, remember?'

'But where?' 

'It's a surprise'. Baekhyun wanted to know himself. He was worried about not knowing what planet they were going to now.

They boarded the ship and took off. It was a long flight. Baekhyun had fallen asleep on Daehyun. Daehyun tried to keep the boys entertained so they wouldn't wake Baekhyun.

 

'Babe, wake up'. Daehyun said as he shook Baekhyun. 'Baek'.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and found Daehyun looking at him.

'We're here'.

Daehyun took Baekhyun's hand and helped him out of the ship.

'Where is 'here'?' Baekhyun asked looking around.

'Earth'.

Baekhyun didn't know how this was going to work out. As far as he knew, people didn't have powers on Earth. He was going to have to hide his powers again plus his son's powers. 'Crap'. Baekhyun said to himself. He didn't think Earth was a good place to send them.