Soulmates

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Taehyung stood still in the living room for a few minutes not knowing what do. He didn't want to lose Jungkook. And it scared him to know Jungkook would hardly know anyone on Planet Mato. 'Who would take care of him? Who would comfort him when he's sad? Would he find someone else to be with?' All those questions and more were going through his head.

Baekhyun went over to Taehyung and tried to comfort him, but Taehyung pushed Baekhyun's hand away and ran out of the house.

'Jungkook!' Taehyung yelled when he got outside.

'Jungkook!' He looked around waiting for a reply, but never heard a response. He didn't see any signs of Daehyun or Jungkook.

Taehyung sighed and sat on the curb. He pulled his knees to his chest and laid his head down. He was hating himself for pushing Jungkook away like this. He didn't know what he was going to do without his best friend.

'Taehyung?'

Taehyung had been sitting there awhile, lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear anyone walk up to him.

'Are you okay?'

Taehyung lifted his head and saw Jimin standing over him.

'I'm fine'. Taehyung said as he wiped the tears that had escaped from his eyes.

'No, you're not'. Jimin said as he sat next to him. 'What's wrong?'

'My dad and Jungkook left for Planet Mato'.

'Don't they go every month?'

Taehyung nodded. 'Yeah'.

'So, what's wrong?'

'Jungkook wants to stay there. He doesn't want to come back home'.

'Why?'

'He wants to take over for my dad and Youngjae some day and run Planet Mato'.

Jimin put his arm around Taehyung and tried to comfort him.

'That doesn't seem so bad'.

'But he's my best friend. We've never been apart for more than a few days since he came to live with us almost ten years ago'.

'I know you care about each other. I saw it while you were at my house on Planet Mato. But, you're older now. Isn't it normal to start having separate lives now?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'I guess so. It just feels weird to know he doesn't want to come back. I think it's my fault'.

'Why?'

'Because he found out you like me and I started distancing myself from him'.

Jimin pulled Taehyung closer to him and hugged him.

'It will be okay. Just give him time'. He smiled. 'In the mean time, do you want to come over to my house? It can help take your mind off of things'.

'Okay'.

Jimin stood up and grabbed Taehyung's hand, then lead him to his house.

Jimin noticed how quiet Taehyung was and tried different things to cheer him up, but Taehyung's mind was elsewhere.

 

Taehyung got home late that night. Baekhyun was in the living room waiting for him. He was relieved when he saw Taehyung walk through the door.

'Are you okay, Tae?'

Taehyung shook his head. 'This is my fault'.

Baekhyun got off the couch and went over to him.

'Don't blame yourself for this. Jungkook has had an interest in Planet Mato for awhile. He's old enough to decide where he wants to live'.

'It's pretty convenient he chooses now to live there after I distanced myself from him to think things over'.

'I think you both need some time apart to decide what you want'.

Taehyung looked at the floor. 'It feels weird to be away from him'.

'I know. I didn't know what to do when your father and I got separated. But at least you two can see each other whenever you want. I couldn't go back to your father because I was banned from Planet Mato. Your father had to fight to find me'.

'How long were you and appa separated?'

'About three years'.

Taehyung's eyes got wide. 'How did you make it that long?'

'It wasn't easy. I was miserable without your father. But the only thing that kept me going was you'.

'Me?'

Baekhyun smiled. 'Yes, you. Since I couldn't be with your father, I had to do everything I could to take care of you. I tried to be brave and strong for you while I was hurting for you father. But I never gave up on him'.

'Why not?'

'You don't ever give up on the one you love. And I knew your father was the kind of guy who never gave up. If you want to be with Jungkook then don't give up on him'.

'What if he gives up on me?'

'I don't think he will'. Baekhyun smiled. 'But if he does, you have to find someone else. If you really love Jungkook you'll want him to be happy. Whether it's with you or not'.

'What if he doesn't come back?'

'Then go with your father the next time he goes to Planet Mato and go see Jungkook. Like I said, you have the ability to visit Jungkook when you want'.

'Let's go now!' Taehyung grabbed Baekhyun's hand and pulled him to the door.

'No, Taehyung. I didn't mean it like that. Your father has our only spaceship. I can't take you. Just wait till the next time your father goes to Planet Mato, okay?'

Taehyung sighed. 'Okay'.

 

Taehyung made his way to his room and changed clothes. His room looked so empty with Jungkook's stuff gone.

He sat on his bed and looked over at Jungkook's bed, imagining he was lying on it.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook's bed on laid down, pulling the sheets over him. He could smell Jungkook's scent as he laid there. He pulled one of Jungkook's pillows close to him, imagining it was Jungkook and cuddled it till he fell asleep.

 

A couple days later, Taehyung was in the living room looking outside the windows, waiting for Daehyun to come home.

He was really hoping Jungkook had changed his mind about staying on Planet Mato.

Baekhyun noticed Taehyung staring out of the windows. He tried to distract Taehyung, but Taehyung's eyes were glued to the windows.

Taehyung finally saw Daehyun making his way towards the house. Taehyung looked around carefully but saw no signs of Jungkook.

Taehyung closed the blinds and sunk down on the couch, disappointed.

 

Daehyun made his way inside the house and went over to Baekhyun. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and kissed him.

'How's he doing?' Daehyun asked, looking over at Taehyung.

'He's been upset the whole time. What about Jungkook?'

'He's fine. He's excited to help Youngjae and learn more about Planet Mato. But I think part of him misses Taehyung'.

'Did you try to talk him out of staying on Planet Mato?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I did. But he was insistent on staying there'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I hate to see them like this. But I think they need some time apart after being together for so long'.

Daehyun nodded and went over to Taehyung.

'Appa, can I go with you the next time you go to Planet Mato?' Taehyung asked.

'We'll see'.

'Is Jungkook going to be okay without us?'

Daehyun smiled and sat next to Taehyung. 'Tae, I wouldn't of left him on Planet Mato if I didn't think he was going to be okay. I'll check on him every time I go to Planet Mato. Will that make you feel better?'

Taehyung nodded.

'Tae, everything is going to be fine. Why don't you go hang out with Jimin and take your mind off of things'.

'Okay'.

Taehyung got off the couch and made his way to Jimin's house.

 

Over the following weeks, Taehyung was spending all of his free time with Jimin. Jimin was happy Taehyung was wanting to hang out with him so much. He had hoped that meant Taehyung wanted to be more than friends with him.

'So are we officially together?' Jimin asked.

'Huh?' Taehyung looked at him surprised. 'Together?'

Jimin smiled and squeezed Taehyung's hand. 'You know I confessed my feelings for you over a month ago, but you never answered me. Is spending all your free time with me mean we're together?'

'I guess.' Taehyung shrugged.

Jimin smiled and kissed him.

'I was hoping it was. I enjoyed our time together on Planet Mato. I was hoping we could get closer after I moved back to EXO Planet'.

Taehyung smiled. He liked Jimin, but their friendship felt different to him than his friendship with Jungkook.

Taehyung decided to try things with Jimin to see if his feelings changed or not.

 

*A few months later*

 

Taehyung and Jimin were starting to get closer. Taehyung was starting to feel happy again, but he still wasn't completely himself.

Daehyun had denied taking Taehyung to Planet Mato because he was too busy.

Taehyung still asked him how Jungkook was every time he came home. He always got the same response, 'he's fine'.

Taehyung didn't know if Daehyun was hiding something, or if Jungkook didn't want to see him.

Taehyung still slept in Jungkook's bed every night, thinking about him and their time together.

As he laid in Jungkook's bed and looked at the friendship bracelet around his wrist, a realization came over him. Jungkook was more than just a best friend to him. Jungkook was always on his mind no matter who he was with, or what he was doing. He was always worried about Jungkook and hated he couldn't be there to protect him. His friendship with Jungkook was more special and meaningful than his friendship with Jimin. He liked Jimin, but in a different way.

Taehyung finally understood the feeling his parents told him about when you realize who the love of your life is. He couldn't believe it took him this long to figure it out. he knew what he had to do. But he had to wait till the next day.

Taehyung rolled over and hugged Jungkook's pillow as he tried to go to sleep.

 

The next day, Taehyung made his way over to Jimin's house. Mrs. Park let him inside and he went upstairs to Jimin's room.

'Jimin?' He knocked on the door.

Jimin opened his bedroom door and let him inside.

'Hey'. He smiled as he kissed Taehyung.

Taehyung pulled away and looked at him.

'What's wrong?' Jimin asked.

'I came over to tell you something'.

'What is it?'

'Umm...Jimin I like you, but I have feelings for someone else. I'm sorry'.

'You're breaking up with me?' Jimin asked. 'Have you been cheating on me?'

Taehyung shook his head. 'No, I haven't. But I realized my true feelings last night'.

'If you didn't cheat on me, then who do you have feelings for?'

'Jungkook'.

'What? He's your brother!' Jimin looked at Taehyung disgusted.

'No, he's not. He's my best friend. We only lived together because he had nowhere else to go'.

'He calls your parents eomma and appa. You live in the same house. You do everything together that brothers do'.

Taehyung shook his head. 'We may have lived together, but we're not blood related. He has no ties to my family. We just gave him a place to stay till he got older. Now he's older and moved on'.

'I thought you were trying to move on as well'.

'I am. But I realized I'm not as happy as I used to be. Jungkook is the missing piece I need to be happy'.

'So you were just playing with my feelings? Using me because Jungkook left?'

'I'm sorry if it seems that way. I was confused about my feelings and I really wanted to try and be with you. But my heart belongs to Jungkook. I kept thinking about him while I was with you, and that's not fair to you. You deserve someone who loves you completely'.

Jimin sighed. 'I just can't believe you would dump me for him'.

'He and I have known each other longer. We have more chemistry together. But I still want to be friends with you'.

'I don't know'. Jimin crossed his arms. 'I'm upset right now and want to be alone'.

'I'm sorry'.

Taehyung went to hug Jimin, but Jimin pushed him away.

'Just get out of here. Go be with your brother'.

Taehyung sighed and left the house. He knew people saw him and Jungkook as brothers. But he was going to follow his parent's advice and be with the one he loved.

 

Taehyung went back home and found his parents in the living room.

'Back from Jimin's already?' Daehyun asked as he looked at the clock.

'Yeah, I broke up with Jimin'.

'Why?' Baekhyun looked at him. 'I thought you were happy with Jimin'.

'I realized who I want to spend the rest of my life with. If he'll let me...'

'Who?'

'Jungkook'. Taehyung smiled. 'I realized he's more than just my best friend. He's my soulmate'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I knew you'd eventually see it'.

'Huh? You already knew?'

'Honey, you and Jungkook have been soulmates since you met. That's one of the reasons I brought Jungkook to live with us. I saw how much you loved each other. I didn't want to leave your soulmate on Earth. I wanted you to be happy just like your father and I'.

'How come you didn't tell me sooner?'

'You had to figure it out yourself'.

Taehyung went over to Baekhyun and hugged him tight.

'Thanks, eomma. But do you think Jungkook wants me now after I took so long to decide my feelings?'

Baekhyun smiled and turned to Daehyun.

'What do you think, Dae?'

'How about you come with me to Planet Mato this weekend and find out?'

'Jungkook's birthday is this weekend. I can surprise him!'

Daehyun nodded. 'I think he would like that'.

Taehyung hugged his parents and ran to his room to start packing.

'He does realize I'm not leaving for a few days, right?' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Daehyun's waist and leaned his head on his shoulder.

'Let him be. He's just excited. Which means he's going to be very impatient till you leave'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed the top of Baekhyun's head as they held each other.

 

*On Planet Mato*

 

Jungkook was with Youngjae at the prison, making sure everything was running smoothly.

Jungkook had been learning a lot from Youngjae about Planet Mato, and was learning more Mato language.

Youngjae was impressed with how well Jungkook caught on to running the community. He liked how hard working and determined Jungkook was to make sure everything ran smoothly. But he noticed something was off with Jungkook that day.

'Are you alright?'

'Yeah'. Jungkook said as he played with his friendship bracelet. 'I'm fine'.

But it was his birthday, and his family wasn't there to celebrate with him. It was the first time since he met Taehyung that they weren't together for his birthday.

Jungkook walked away from Youngjae and tried to distract himself.

Just then, Daehyun came in the room and went over to Jungkook.

'Hey, happy birthday'. He said as he hugged Jungkook.

'Thanks. Did you come alone again?'

Jungkook always asked about Taehyung when he saw Daehyun, and had hoped Taehyung would be with him. But Taehyung hadn't come for him. He figured Taehyung really didn't love him after all.

'Yeah, but Taehyung told me to give you this'. Daehyun reached in his pocket and pulled out a letter. 'He told me to tell you, 'happy birthday'.

'Thanks'. Jungkook took the letter and stuck it in his pocket. 'I'll read it later'.

'Go ahead and read it now. You can read it outside if you want to be alone'.

Jungkook nodded and headed outside and pulled the letter from his pocket.

The letter was short. Jungkook was surprised that Taehyung didn't write a long letter after they had been separated for months.

'Jungkookie,

I hate that this is the first birthday you're celebrating without me. So I wanted to give you the best present ever....ME!!!'

Jungkook looked at the letter confused. Daehyun came to Planet Mato alone, so what did Taehyung mean?

Jungkook stuck the letter back in his pocket and started to head back inside.

'Jungkook!'

Jungkook turned at the sound of his name coming from a familiar voice.

He looked around and saw Taehyung walk around the corner of the building.

Jungkook stood in shock as Taehyung stood in front of him.

'Happy birthday!' Taehyung said as he held his arms out.

Jungkook smiled as he ran to Taehyung and hugged him tight.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook and kissed the top of his head.

'You were right. This is the best present ever'.