Losing hope

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Daehyun didn't bother to chase after Baekhyun as he watched him leave the prison. He knew Baekhyun was still going to be upset at him, so he decided to stay at the prison and give him some space for now.

Daehyun made his way down the hall and stopped at the execution room. He saw Youngjae and the guards struggling to strap Mr. Jung to the chair for the lethal injection.

Once Mr. Jung was strapped to the chair, Youngjae grabbed the syringe from one of the guards and was getting ready to inject Mr. Jung when Mr. Jung noticed Daehyun in the hallway.

'Couldn't do this yourself?' Mr. Jung asked. 'Too weak to kill me?'

Daehyun walked over to his uncle and got in his face.

'I have no problem killing you myself'. Daehyun lied. He didn't feel comfortable killing anyone.

'Then do it!' Mr. Jung challenged him. 'What have you got to lose? Your father and kids are dead. Your husband is next. You'll be left all alone. Then what are you going to do?'

Daehyun could tell his uncle was trying to get in his head and break him. He balled his hands into fists and tried not to give in to his uncle.

Youngjae turned to Daehyun and put his hand on his shoulder.

'Don't let him get to you. He'll be dead soon anyway'.

Youngjae grabbed Mr. Jung's arm and started injecting him with the poison.

Mr. Jung started struggling again as he felt the poison enter his body. 'You and your husband will still suffer even when I'm gone, Daehyun. You can't get rid of me this easy. Everything I worked hard for will continue on. I still have my men out there to take care of you and your husband once and for all'.

Daehyun went over got in Mr. Jung's face. 'Your men are next to go. I am officially done with you and the pain you've caused my family'.

'Your husband started this by coming to Planet Mato. You knew he wasn't welcome here, but you stayed with him and broke the rules. So I have been doing what I had to do, which was punish you, your husband and your brats'. Mr. Jung smirked as he got closer to Daehyun. 'And I regret none of it'. 

Daehyun couldn't hold in his frustration anymore and punched Mr. Jung. Then before Youngjae knew it, he felt Daehyun grab his gun out of his holster.

'Daehyun, don't!' Youngjae yelled at him.

But it was too late. A shot rang out in the room, and Mr. Jung was slumped in the chair, dead from a bullet to the head.

Daehyun stood in place as the gun shook in his hand.

Youngjae went over to him and carefully took the gun from him. 

Daehyun didn't say anything and quickly left the room, surprised by what he had just done.

 

As Daehyun left the prison, he felt like a big weight had been lifted off his family's shoulders. They no longer had to worry about his uncle causing anymore problems for them. But there was still another problem he and Baekhyun had to deal with. And it was going to be the hardest test for them yet. 

 

Daehyun headed back to the house and went inside. It was still a mess from his uncle tearing it up. But Daehyun ignored the mess for now and went upstairs to his old room, only to find the door locked when he tried to open it.

Daehyun sighed and leaned his forehead against the door.

'Baek. Open the door'.

But he got no response. 

He kept trying to get Baekhyun to open the door, but all he could hear from Baekhyun was constant crying.

It tore Daehyun up to see his husband this upset. But he had good reason to be upset. Taehyung and Jungkook were gone, and he didn't know how he and Baekhyun were going to get past this.

'Baek!' Daehyun knocked on the door. 'Talk to me. You can't get over this by yourself'.

As Daehyun stood there, he heard something hit the door as Baekhyun kept crying.

'Leave me alone, Daehyun! I don't want to talk to you!'

'Baek, I know you're upset. But we have to talk about this eventually'.

But Baekhyun didn't say anything else to Daehyun that night.

Daehyun left Baekhyun alone and went to the room across the hall to sleep.

He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, but he couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun. Baekhyun had never been this angry at him the whole time they had been together. The closest fight they had was when Daehyun snuck off to Planet Mato in the middle of the night. Daehyun didn't know how he was going to make things right with Baekhyun this time.

 

The next morning, Daehyun got out of bed and went across the hall to Baekhyun's room. He knocked on the door and tried to get Baekhyun to talk to him, but he didn't get a reply. 

He sighed and leaned against the door. He didn't hear Baekhyun crying, so he figured Baekhyun had cried himself to sleep.

Daehyun left Baekhyun and went downstairs to the kitchen and made food for himself, and took some extra food for Baekhyun.

He set the food in front of Baekhyun's door.

'Baek. There's food out here for you. Please come out and eat'.

Daehyun left and went to eat his food. He kept the door to his room open so he could look out for Baekhyun.

He waited and waited, but never saw any signs of Baekhyun.

 

This went on for three days. Daehyun didn't know what to do, but he had had enough of Baekhyun ignoring him. 

He went to Baekhyun's room and started breaking the door down. He hit it multiple times with his shoulder. When that didn't work, he kicked it with his foot and the door finally broke.

Baekhyun stood up and backed up against the wall at the sight of Daehyun.

'What the hell?' Baekhyun glared at him.

Daehyun started making his way over to Baekhyun.  'Baek, stop trying to cut me out of your life right now. You are not the only one who lost his sons. I am just as upset about this as you are'.

'Are you?' Baekhyun crossed his arms.

Daehyun was shocked by that question. 'Of course I am. Just because I'm not crying doesn't mean I don't care about what happened. How could you think I would be so heartless about losing Taehyung and Jungkook after everything I've done for you in the boys?'

'You let the boys down by letting your uncle live!' Baekhyun shook his head. 'When you went back to Earth for me and the boys, I asked you if there was any way your uncle could escape, and you told me no. You said he was heavily guarded'.

'I didn't know he had two of our guards willing to help him escape'.

Baekhyun glared at Daehyun. 'Why did you lock him up and let him live after everything he did to us?'

'I thought it would be miserable for him to sit there the rest of his life'.

'Daehyun, I know you didn't have the heart to kill him. But because of that, we lost two amazing boys forever'. Baekhyun bit his lip as tears started falling down his cheeks. 'I will never ever forgive you for that!'

'Baek, my uncle is dead now. He can't hurt us anymore, I killed him'.

Baekhyun went over and started hitting Daehyun over and over.

'You're too late! You think killing him now is going to bring the boys back?'

Daehyun reached out and grabbed Baekhyun's arms and pinned them to his side to stop him from hitting him.

'Let go of me, Daehyun!'  Baekhyun said as he tried to pull out of Daehyun's grip.

'Baek, killing me isn't going to bring the boys back either. Hate me all you want, but it won't change anything'.

Baekhyun sat on the ground and pulled his knees to his chest.

'I can't live without my boys. They're everything to me. Jungkook was with us for very little time, and Taehyung is my first born'. Baekhyun looked over at Daehyun. 'How can I go on  without them?'

Daehyun sat down next to Baekhyun and put his hand on his. 'You still have me, your mom and BamBam. BamBam can't lose you now'. Daehyun said as he squeezed Baekhyun's hand. 'I know it's hard right now, but you have to keep fighting for him'.

Baekhyun stood up and grabbed his phone.

'I need to call my mom and tell her what happened'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun carefully. 'Are you okay to talk to her right now?'

'I don't have a choice. I have to tell her sooner or later'.

Daehyun grabbed the phone from Baekhyun before he could call Mrs. Byun. 'I think you should wait for now'.

Baekhyun glared at him and tried to get his phone back. 'Why? So she doesn't find out you got our boys killed?'

'Stop saying that!' Daehyun yelled. 'I didn't let my uncle out of the prison'.

'You should of known he would find a way out of there!' Baekhyun yelled back.

Daehyun sighed. 'You know my uncle is unpredictable'.

'Which is why you should of killed him when you snuck behind my back and left me alone!' Baekhyun grabbed the phone from Daehyun and hid it behind his back. 'Isn't that why you left me? To make sure your uncle never hurt us again?'

'Yes. You and the boys have always been my number one priority'.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'If that were true, then Taehyung and Jungkook would still be here with us'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I get it, I made a mistake. I'm sorry I let you down'.

'Save it. I'm tired of hearing your excuses'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun confused. 'What are you saying?'

Baekhyun bit his lip. 'I can't do this anymore, Daehyun. You've hurt me too much lately'.

'Baek, you're still upset. Don't do something you'll regret later '.

'I'm sorry. But I think it's best we spend time apart'. 

Daehyun was devastated, but knew there was no changing Baekhyun's mind in that moment. But was going to do whatever it took to take Baekhyun's pain away.

 

*On EXO Planet*

 

Mrs. Byun was in the living room with BamBam as he played. But Mrs. Byun noticed he had been acting different lately.

BamBam had been hugging Taehyung's bear, Baekhyun gave him, and talking to himself. Mrs. Byun thought he just missed his brother, but he kept getting worse with every day that passed.

As BamBam held Taehyung's bear, he started getting visions of Taehyung running away from someone in the middle of nowhere, and realized he was in danger.

BamBam went over to Mrs. Byun with Taehyung's bear and showed it to her.

'Tae...'

Mrs. Byun smiled at him. 'Taehyung will be back soon'.

'Ugh...Tae!' He kept mumbling different words and pointed towards the door.

Mrs. Byun couldn't understand him since he still couldn't say full sentences.

BamBam was getting frustrated at Mrs. Byun and started screaming at her.

Mrs. Byun heard it start thundering and lightning outside out of nowhere and knew is was coming from BamBam. His powers always showed up when he cried.

Mrs. Byun started getting worried when BamBam kept acting like that, so she decided to call Baekhyun and let him know what was going on.

 

Baekhyun answered his phone after a few rings.

'Eomma?' He asked.

'Yes. How are things on Planet Mato?'

Baekhyun bit his lip and tried to hold back tears.

'What's going on?' He asked, changing the subject.

'I was going to see how much longer you and the boys would be gone'.

'I don't know. Why?'

'It's BamBam'.

'What's wrong with BamBam?'

As Baekhyun asked that, he heard BamBam screaming in the background.

'He's acting weird'. Mrs. Byun said.

'What do you mean?'

'He's hugging Taehyung's bear and calling his name. I thought it was just because he misses Taehyung, but now I'm not so sure'.

'Why?'

'Well, I can't understand him, but he keeps grabbing my hand and pointing at the door like he wants me to get Taehyung for him'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'He must know something happened to Taehyung'.

'What happened to Taehyung?'

There was a long pause before Baekhyun said, 'He's dead'.

Mrs. Byun almost dropped the phone. 'What?'

Baekhyun told his mom what happened with the boys and Mr. Jung, the best he could through his tears.

'I'm so sorry, honey. Is there anything I can do for you?'

'Thanks eomma, but there's nothing anyone can do right now'.

 

*On Planet Mato*

 

Taehyung and Jungkook had been walking for days, still having no luck with finding citizens or shelter. They were tired and dirty with very little food to eat.

As they kept walking in the heat, Taehyung suddenly collapsed in the middle of the grass. He was feeling weak and was losing hope of getting home.

Jungkook went over to him and put Taehyung's head in his lap.

'Get up. We have to keep going'. Jungkook pleaded.

Taehyung looked up at him with weak and tired eyes. 'We've been walking for days and haven't found anyone to help us'.

'So you're just going to give up? We escaped the bad guys for nothing?'

Taehyung sighed and sat up.

'How much further can we go without food and shelter?'

Jungkook put his hands on Taehyung's cheeks and looked him in the eyes. 'I want to go home, and I can't go home without you'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and noticed how much more confidence he was getting out here. He liked his determination.

Taehyung put his hands on top of Jungkook's and smiled.

'You're right. I promised you that I would always be there for you. I can't break that promise, and I won't '.

Jungkook smiled and helped Taehyung up. They ate some berries nearby and started walking again.

 

They made it a few miles before it started raining. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and tried to get him out of the rain.

It started pouring as they kept looking for shelter and the boys were getting soaked.

Jungkook gave Taehyung his jacket and they tried to use it as an umbrella. But it got soaked in no time.

Jungkook clung to Taehyung and tried to stay warm.

Taehyung took Jungkook's hand and tried to find a different spot for shelter, but it was getting dark, and the rain was still coming down.

Taehyung opened his hand and used his powers to try and see where they were going.

They kept walking till they found a small shack. Taehyung opened the door and went inside. Jungkook went in behind him and shut the door.

They waited in the shack till the rain stopped, which wasn't until the next morning. 

Taehyung shined his light around the shack as they found a spot to sleep for the night. They were soaked, so sleeping wasn't comfortable, but they made do with what they had as they cuddled together for warmth.

 

Jungkook woke up first the next morning and saw Taehyung looked worse than he did the day before. He was very pale and weak.

'Taehyung?' Jungkook shook him, but Taehyung was too weak to sit up.

Jungkook started getting worried as he held his hand.

'Don't do this to me. I can't lose you'. He said as he hugged Taehyung.

Jungkook sat there for a few minutes before he realized that they were in a shack. They hadn't seen any buildings till now. Which meant they must be close to citizens.

 

Jungkook opened the door to the shack and started yelling for someone to help them.

'Help me! Anybody. My friend needs help!'

He walked a little further and kept yelling till his throat hurt.

He started heading back to Taehyung after he got no response.

Jungkook went inside the shack and started to close the door, but stopped when he saw a boy walking towards him.

'Help us!' Jungkook yelled at the boy.

The boy started walking faster to Jungkook and stopped at the door.

'Can you help us?' Jungkook asked. 'My friend is sick'.

'Can I see your friend?' The boy asked. 'So I can see what I can do to help?'

Jungkook nodded and let the boy inside and they went over to Taehyung.

The boy got close to Taehyung and looked at him carefully.

'He's in pretty bad shape'.

'Please help him. I can't lose him'. Jungkook held Taehyung's hand.

The boy smiled. 'I can't help him. I'm around your age. But my parents can probably help him. I'll go get them'.

'Thank you'. Jungkook smiled. 'What's your name?'

'I'm Jimin'.

'I'm Jungkook, and that's Taehyung'. Jungkook said. 'We've been separated from our parents and are trying to get back to them'.

'I'm sorry to hear that'. Jimin said as he made his way to the door of the shack. 'Stay here with your friend, and I'll get help for you'.

'Thank you'.

Jimin smiled at Jungkook, and left to go get his parents.

Jungkook turned to Taehyung and squeezed his hand. 'Hang on, Tae. Help is on the way'.