Moving on

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

During the night, Jungkook found himself in Taehyung's arms. He pushed Taehyung's arm off of him and got out of bed.

He quietly made his way downstairs and curled up on the couch. 

This was the first night he didn't want to slept next Taehyung. He was still upset about Taehyung ignoring him to hang out with Jimin. He wanted some space to think things through.

Jungkook soon fell asleep on the couch, even though he kind of missed Taehyung's warmth.

 

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up and started to get out of bed but was stopped when Daehyun pulled him closer to him.

Baekhyun turned to Daehyun and tried to pull his arm away.

'Dae, I need to get up'.

'Not yet'. Daehyun said as he kissed Baekhyun's neck.

'I'll be right back'.

'Promise?'

Baekhyun smiled and brushed the hair out of Daehyun's eyes.

'Promise'. Baekhyun said as he kissed Daehyun.

Daehyun let go of Baekhyun and rolled over.

Baekhyun got out of bed and left the room to check on the boys.

He woke up BamBam and changed him. Then he made his way towards the kitchen with BamBam in his arms.

As Baekhyun passed the living room, he noticed Jungkook asleep on the couch.

He went over to Jungkook and gently shook him.

'Hey, wake up'.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun.

'What are you doing down here? I left you with Taehyung last night'.

'I wanted to sleep down here.'

Baekhyun looked at Jungkook confused as he sat next to him.

'Why? You and Taehyung haven't left each other's side since you met. Is something wrong?'

Jungkook sat up and looked at his lap.

'Did you and Taehyung have a fight?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'No, but I just felt left out when he and Jimin were showing each other their powers. Taehyung seemed to forget I was even there. He didn't even notice when I left them'.

Baekhyun put his free hand on Jungkook's shoulder, while BamBam was in his other arm.

'Sweetie, you know how social Taehyung is. He loves his friends, and making new friends. He probably just got excited that he found someone else with powers that he didn't think how it would affect you. But I promise he didn't forget about you. I know how much you two love each other. Don't let what happened bother you. Okay?'

Jungkook nodded and looked at Baekhyun.

'Why does he like me if I don't have powers?'

'Powers aren't important. You know your father doesn't have powers, but that doesn't mean I don't love him any less than if he were to have powers'.

'Why?'

'Because, powers don't make who you are. All the matters is the person you are inside. Taehyung knows you are a fun, sweet, loving, caring boy who is his best friend. You two have been there for each other and will do anything for each other. You proved that by escaping from those men and finding the Park family to take care of you. Taehyung doesn't care if you have powers or not. He just needs a best friend to be there for him'.

Jungkook was starting to feel better as he listened to Baekhyun. He had never gotten talks like this from Chanyeol. Baekhyun kind of reminded Jungkook of his biological mom. He was loving and caring of Jungkook. He did everything he could for him, just like Baekhyun did for Taehyung and BamBam. It made Jungkook miss his mom even more. But Jungkook was happy to be living with his new family.

'Let me ask you something'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'Do you only like Taehyung because of his powers?'

Jungkook looked at Baekhyun and shook his head.

'No. But I think they're cool'.

'Would you like Taehyung if he didn't have his powers?'

'Yeah'.

'See? Powers or not, you two need each other. Just like your father and I need each other'.

Jungkook smiled and hugged Baekhyun.

'Thanks, eomma. I feel better now'.

'Good. Don't get jealous of Taehyung's friends. You are his favorite so he won't forget about you'.

'Okay'.

'Good. Now let's go eat. Go get Taehyung and I'll get your father'.

'Okay'.

Jungkook got off the couch and went to the bedroom and woke Taehyung up.

Baekhyun went to Daehyun's bedroom and woke him up so they could go eat.

 

While they were eating, Daehyun and Baekhyun agreed to go back to EXO Planet and live there. Planet Mato still needed some work done, so Daehyun and Baekhyun agreed that Daehyun would go to Planet Mato for one week every month till it was running the way Daehyun and Youngjae wanted it to.

Baekhyun hated to be away from Daehyun for a week every month. But he knew how passionate Daehyun was about fixing his home planet, so Baekhyun was going to support him. Daehyun also wanted to make sure they had a home to go to if they ever wanted to visit Planet Mato.

 

They headed back to EXO Planet that afternoon. Baekhyun was ready to go back home and try to get things back to normal. He was hoping the citizens on EXO Planet would stop looking at him like a criminal.

Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting next to each other and talking on their trip back home. Baekhyun looked over and noticed how close Jungkook and Taehyung were again. He was happy to see his talk with Jungkook helped. He loved seeing the boys happy.

 

They landed on EXO Planet and went home. Daehyun and Baekhyun went to their room and unpacked their bags.

Taehyung, Jungkook and BamBam went outside to play.

'So, what was going on with you on Planet Mato?' Taehyung asked.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and bit his lip.

'What do you mean?'

'Something seemed to be bothering you when we were with Jimin'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'Everything is fine. Forget about it'.

'I'm sorry if you felt left out. I didn't mean to hurt you".

Jungkook smiled. 'I know. It's fine. I know I can't be your only friend'.

'But you are my favorite'.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook and grabbed his hand.

'Here'. 

Jungkook felt Taehyung put something around his wrist.

'Eomma helped me with it. It's a friendship bracelet. But it has powers in it'.

'Really?'

Taehyung nodded. 'Eomma told me how he put some of his powers into my old bear to comfort me, and said I could put some of my powers into this bracelet. He said it would help keep you comforted if we were apart. Plus it's a reminder that you're my best friend. I have one too'.

Taehyung held out his wrist and showed Jungkook his bracelet.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and smiled. He didn't know how he got so lucky to find someone as amazing as Taehyung.

'I love it'. Jungkook hugged Taehyung tightly.

When they separated, Jungkook could still feel Taehyung's warmth from the bracelet. He was glad he would never be without Taehyung now.

 

*7 years later*

 

'Boys, get up'. Baekhyun said as he shook them awake.

'Ugh'. Taehyung groaned. 'What is it?'

'You're late for school. You're going to miss your exams'.

Taehyung got out of bed and grabbed Jungkook.

Since they had gotten older, they started to sleep in different beds, but on occasion Taehyung would find Jungkook in his bed.

 

They started to head towards the kitchen, but Baekhyun stopped them.

'You don't have time, get out of here'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and sighed.

'We can grab something on the way'.

Jungkook nodded and followed Taehyung out of the house.

 

Baekhyun woke BamBam up as Daehyun walked into the room ready to go to work.

Baekhyun gave BamBam to Daehyun and gave them food before Daehyun took BamBam to school.

 

Baekhyun had finally gotten everyone out the door and had time to get things done around the house.

Daehyun was getting ready to go check on things on Planet Mato, so Baekhyun had to buy some things before he left.

Baekhyun always hated to lose Daehyun to Planet Mato, especially since the kids were older, they were more of a handful for him. But his mom still helped him with the boys if he needed it.

 

Later that day, Daehyun came home with BamBam. Baekhyun was busy in the kitchen making dinner.

Daehyun went over to Baekhyun and kissed him.

'Dae, did you see Taehyung or Jungkook on your way home?'

'No. They're not home yet?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'They usually get home before you. But I can't get a hold of them'.

'I'm sure they're fine'.

'We'll find out'.

Baekhyun stopped cooking and went over to BamBam.

'Where are Taehyung and Jungkook?'

BamBam looked at Baekhyun and knew what he wanted him to do. Ever since BamBam got older and better at talking, he could explain how he was able to find Taehyung and Jungkook when they were in trouble. They found out it wasn't a one time thing, BamBam could see where Taehyung was whenever he wanted to. He and Taehyung had another power that connected them, so they were getting each other in trouble all the time.

BamBam concentrated and saw Taehyung sitting on bench in the nearby park.

'He's at the park'.

'What is he doing there?' Baekhyun asked.

BamBam shrugged. 'I just see where he is. I can't read his mind'. BamBam shuttered at the thought. 'And I prefer not to be able to read his mind'.

'Is Jungkook with him?'

'Of course he is. Now, can we eat?'

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

'You boys and your appetite. First, dinner isn't ready. Second, we're not eating without Taehyung and Jungkook'.

 BamBam sighed and sat down on the couch.

'So we have to starve to death because Taehyung doesn't want to come home yet?'

'I'll go get them'. Daehyun said as he left the house.

 

Daehyun found Taehyung and Jungkook at the park just like BamBam said and went over to them.

'What are you doing here?' Let's go home'.

Taehyung shook his head.

'Why not?'

'Eomma will kill me'.

'What did you do?' Daehyun asked.

'You'll kill me too'.

'Son, stop stalling and tell me what is going on'.

Daehyun looked from Taehyung to Jungkook hoping one of them would start talking.

'Promise you won't get mad?' Taehyung asked.

'I can't promise that. Now tell me, unless you want to do this at home. Your mom is already upset at you'.

'Which is why I can't go home yet'.

'Delaying this won't make it better'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Fine, I didn't make it in time for my exam and failed. They won't let me retake it, so I have to retake the class'.

'Did you fail too?' Daehyun looked at Jungkook.

'My teacher isn't as strict as Taehyung's, so they let me retake it. I don't know my score yet'.

'Well your mother won't be happy, but it could be worse. Now lets go home'.

 

Baekhyun got onto Taehyung when they got home. Daehyun tried to calm him down and told him it's not as bad as it could of been.

It took a little bit for Baekhyun to calm down, but he finally did until Daehyun reminded him that he was leaving that weekend.

'Can I come with you?' Jungkook looked at Daehyun with pleading eyes.

'Go to Planet Mato with me? Why, there won't be anything for you to do there'.

'I want to see how you and Youngjae changed Planet Mato. I haven't seen it in seven years. Plus I'm interested in what you do over there'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun.

'I'll leave that up to you. Since you aren't going for a week, he won't miss school'.

Daehyun nodded. 'Alright. You can come with me. But it will be pretty boring'.

 

Daehyun and Jungkook left for Planet Mato Friday night after dinner. Jungkook was excited to get away for a couple days to see what Daehyun did. He loved both of his parents, but he felt a little closer to Daehyun mostly because of not having powers, but he connected with him more.

 

Taehyung got up the next day, feeling weird to not being around Jungkook. But he knew he would be back in a couple days.

Taehyung found BamBam in the living room watching tv as he made his way to the kitchen.

'Where's eomma?' Taehyung asked. Baekhyun was always around the house when he got up.

'In his room on the phone with halmeoni'.

Taehyung got his food and sat next to BamBam on the couch.

'It looks weird seeing you without Jungkook'. BamBam said.

'We can't be around each other all the time. We're older now and have different lives'.

 

Baekhyun came out of his room and saw Taehyung and BamBam.

'Good. You're both up. Go get changed. We're going to go see halmeoni'.

'Why can't she come over here?'

'She can't make it, so we're going to go over there'.

Taehyung wasn't excited about leaving the house, but he finished his food and went to change his clothes.

 

Once the boys were ready, Baekhyun left the house with them and started heading towards his mother's house.

But before they got very far, Taehyung heard someone call his name.

'Taehyung!' 

Baekhyun and the boys turned and saw a boy make his way over to them.

Taehyung didn't recognize the boy at first.

'I'm so glad to see you. I didn't think we'd see each other again after you and Jungkook left'.

Taehyung kept looking at the boy and realized it was Jimin.

'Jimin?'

'Yeah'. He nodded.

'Your family came back to EXO Planet?'

'Yeah. Even though your father and his friend have changed Planet Mato, my parents wanted to come back to EXO Planet'.

'Where are your parents?' Baekhyun asked.

'Across the street'. Jimin pointed to one of the houses. 'We moved in last week. I wanted to make sure it was really you before I came over here'.

'We'll we're on our way to visit my mother'. Baekhyun said. 'You two can hangout when we get back'.

'Alright'.

Taehyung could tell Jimin was upset.

'Can I stay here, eomma?' Taehyung asked.

'No, you can see each other in a couple hours'.

'Okay'. Taehyung was disappointed too. But he did what he was told.

He was glad to see Jimin again, but then he thought about Jungkook. He knew Jungkook was going to be surprised to see him and hoped that after seven years, Jungkook wouldn't get jealous again if he and Jimin started hanging out.