Fighting

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

'Baekhyun!' Mrs. Byun yelled after Baekhyun as he ran out of the house. She was worried he was going to do more harm than good by going after Daehyun.

She kept calling after Baekhyun, but he ignored her. She sighed and went back inside the house.

As she shut the door, she came face to face with Taehyung. He looked up at her confused.

'Where's eomma?' He asked with sad eyes.

Mrs. Byun looked at him and took his hand. 'Eomma left for a little bit, but he'll be back'. She said as she reached for the remote to turn the tv off.

Taehyung looked at the tv before Mrs. Byun could turn it off. He saw Daehyun being carried away by the cops.

'Appa!' Taehyung yelled as he pointed at the tv. 

Mrs. Byun turned the tv off quickly.

'Why is appa on tv?' He looked at her.

'He's trying to help the citizens downtown'. She said as she kneeled down in front of him. 'Let's go check on your brother'.

'He's fine'. Taehyung said. 

'How do you know?'

'I just left him in the kitchen'.

Mrs. Byun went into the kitchen and saw Bambam sitting on the floor playing in some spilt juice.

'Oh dear'. She picked him up and tried to clean him up. But Bambam wanted to keep playing with the juice on the floor.

She finally got him cleaned up and took both of the boys to the living room.

 

Baekhyun kept running as fast as he could. He was angry and worried about Daehyun. He couldn't believe his husband got himself into trouble with the cops. Why didn't he just come with him and the kids?

Baekhyun finally made his way downtown. A lot of people were there trying to get away, some were crowding around the cops cheering that they caught the attacker. 

Baekhyun made his way to the crowd near the cops. He tried to push and squeeze through the crowd. He caught a glimpse of Daehyun being taken inside the police station. He tried pushing through the crowd faster.

'Daehyun!' Baekhyun yelled when he got towards the front of the crowd.

Daehyun didn't respond. He realized the crowd was too loud for Daehyun to hear him.

Baekhyun tried to follow the cops inside the building. He reached for the door when he felt someone grab him.

Baekhyun turned towards the cop and saw he had a hold of his wrist.

'Let me go!' Baekhyun yelled.

'I can't do that'. The cop said. 'You need to step back like everyone else. We have a job to do'.

'You have my husband!' Baekhyun glared at him and tried to pull himself free. 'I need to see him'.

'No visitors at this time. Not till he's behind bars'.

'You can't take him. He didn't anything wrong'. Baekhyun kept trying to go inside the building, but the cop still had a hold of his wrist.

'If you don't calm down, you'll be arrested too'.

'Are you threatening me?' Baekhyun gave him a look that could kill. 'You already wrongly accused my husband of a crime, and now you want to arrest me too? What the hell is wrong with you?'

'If you calm down, we can try to work this out'. Officer Kim said.

'Just let me talk to my husband'.

Officer Kim agreed and took Baekhyun inside the building.

 

Baekhyun looked for Daehyun when he got inside, but was only met with more cops.

'Where's my husband?' Baekhyun demanded.

'Who's your husband?' Officer Park asked.

'The one you just brought in here'.

'You're married to the person that attacked our planet?'

Baekhyun glared at them and crossed his arms. 'My husband did not attack EXO Planet. I don't know why you think he did'.

'The officers that arrested him said that he was speaking in a weird language on the phone. He even admitted to being related to the attacker. So, as you can see, we had no choice but to arrest him'.

'He's innocent!' Baekhyun yelled. 'It was his father that attacked us, not him'.

'Don't you think that since they're related, they both had a hand in the attack?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I know my husband, and I know his father. They are nothing alike. My husband is a sweet, caring, hardworking man. His father is a psychopath. He hates us and anyone that's not like him. He had me and my son sent back to EXO Planet because I 'scared his citizens with my powers'. Baekhyun said using air quotes.

Baekhyun stared at the cops with pleading eyes. 'Please, this has been a misunderstanding. Let my husband go. Arrest his father. He's the one you want'.

'We'll have to look into this situation more'. Officer Park said. 'We appreciate the information you told us, but we can't let your husband go just yet'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I have two sons I need to take care of. They need their father'.

'I'm sorry'.

'My husband didn't attack EXO Planet!' Baekhyun yelled. 'He was at home when the attack took place'.

'He and his father could still have planned this together'.

Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief. 'Look, I know you're trying to do your job, but you're overlooking the most important facts which is my husband is completely innocent in all this. You don't know my husband like I do. He used to protect the citizens of his planet. Made sure they were taken care of. Helped them with their problems. He worked day and night to provide for me and my sons. Does that sound like a criminal?'

'We will take everything you said into account. But we can't let your husband go yet'.

'Can I at least see him?' Baekhyun sighed.

 

Baekhyun was taken down to the holding cells. Officer Park took him to the cell Daehyun had been taken to earlier. Daehyun was by himself in the holding cells.

Baekhyun went over to the bars and saw Daehyun sitting on the bed.

'Dae'.

Daehyun looked up and went over to Baekhyun.

'What are you doing here?' Daehyun asked as he grabbed the bars and stared at his husband.

'I'm trying to get you out of here'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'You really are an idiot for not coming with me and the boys'.

'I told you why I wasn't going with you. I had to confront my father'.

'And look how that ended up for you'. Baekhyun said with a sarcastic tone.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I really didn't think I would end up here. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you'.

Daehyun put his hand on top of Baekhyun's and caressed it.

'It's too late to up now'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'It's going to take a lot to get you out of here'. Baekhyun sighed. 'I tried to convince them to let you go, but they wouldn't listen. They're a bunch of idiots'.

Daehyun kept caressing Baekhyun's hand. 'Just focus on taking care of the boys for now. I'll be fine'.

'That's what you said last time'. Baekhyun looked at him trying to hold back his tears. 'I'm not leaving you here, especially when you're innocent'.

Daehyun reached through the bars and put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek. 'I'll get out of here. Don't worry'.

'Dae, we need to take the boys and leave before your father attacks again. And I can't leave while you're in here'.

'I know you'll find a way to get me out of here'. Daehyun smiled.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him and kissed him between the bars. 'Of course I will'. Baekhyun said when they separated. 'But you are going to owe me one hell of alone time when you get out'.

Daehyun smiled. 'Don't worry. It will be worth it'. He kissed Baekhyun again.

'I'll be back tomorrow to try again to get you out of here'.

Daehyun nodded. 'Alright. I love you'.

'I love you too'. Baekhyun gave Daehyun one last kiss before being taken away from him.

 

Baekhyun went back to the front with the cops. He was hating every one of them for not letting Daehyun go.

'What happens if you decide to not let my husband go?' Baekhyun asked.

'If we still find him guilty. He'll either be sent to another planet or receive the death penalty'. Officer Park said.

Baekhyun's eyes got wide. 'You can't do that!'

'I'm sorry. But we'll let you know our decision'. 

Baekhyun got up close in officer Park's face. 'Let me tell you something then, if you as much as lay a hand on my husband for something other than letting him go, then there with be hell to pay'.

'Don't threaten us. It's a felony'.

'Then don't kill an innocent man'. Baekhyun glared at him and stormed out of the building.

 

Baekhyun went back to his mom's house and went inside.

'Eomma'! Taehyung yelled.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged him. He held Taehyung tight trying to hold back his tears and act like everything was ok.

'Eomma, I saw appa on tv'.

'You did?' Baekhyun bit his lip.

Taehyung nodded. 'Halmeoni said he was helping people'.

Baekhyun gave a slight smile. 'Yes, he is. He's a good man'.

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun and saw something was wrong. 'Are you ok, eomma?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Yes'. He pulled Taehyung to him and kissed his cheek. 'I will be'. He whispered. He hoped nothing would happen to Daehyun. But he tried to stay strong for the boys.

 

Baekhyun had a hard time sleeping that night. All he could think about was Daehyun. He was starting to worry Daehyun was going to be taken from him for good. He didn't know what he was going to do if he lost Daehyun. He didn't want his sons growing up without their father.

 

Taehyung woke up to someone talking. He crawled out of bed and made his way to the sound of the voice. He stood outside of Baekhyun's room. He opened the door and saw Baekhyun tossing and turning in bed while talking in his sleep.

'Daehyun...' Baekhyun said as he rolled over.

Taehyung went over to the bed and looked up at Baekhyun.

'Let him go...'

Taehyung didn't know what Baekhyun was dreaming about, but he was worried.

'Eomma?' Taehyung said as he looked at Baekhyun. But he got no reply.

He went to the other side of the bed and grabbed the sheets and climbed up on the bed.

Baekhyun was still mumbling in his sleep.

Taehyung got closer to him and layed down next to him.

'Eomma...' Taehyung shook Baekhyun.

Baekhyun opened his eyes. 'Dae?'

'Eomma...'

Baekhyun the light and found Taehyung laying next to him.

'What are you doing in here?'

'Did you have a nightmare?' Taehyung looked at him worried. 

Baekhyun smiled. 'I'm fine honey'.

'You didn't look ok. You were tossing and turning and calling for appa'.

Baekhyun put his arms around Taehyung. 'I'm fine'. Baekhyun kissed the top of Taehyung's head. 'I'm sorry if I scared you'.

'Is appa ok?'

'He's fine. Don't worry'. 

Baekhyun turned the light off and cuddled with Taehyung. He hated having to act like everything was ok when he didn't even know Daehyun's fate. 

 

Author's note

This story hasn't been getting much of a response. Please let me know if it's something you're still interested in. I still have a few ideas for the story, but want to know if I should keep going or not. Please let me know your thoughts. Same goes for 'Forbidden Love'.

 

​​