Getting closer

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Jungkook woke up to the guest room door opening. He looked up and saw Mrs. Park walking into the room. She made her way over to Taehyung and checked his wound.

Jungkook sat up and held Taehyung's hand.

'Is he okay?'

'He will be'. She said as she checked Taehyung's forehead. 'The infection is going away'. She smiled and took Taehyung's bandage off.

Jungkook watched as Mrs. Park put her hand over the wound. Before he knew it, Taehyung's wound healed till is was completely gone.

'Wow'. Jungkook sat there in amazement. 'How did you do that?'

'I'm from EXO Planet, so I have powers too. My powers are healing'.

'Like a doctor?'

'Sort of. I'm more powerful than a regular doctor'.

'Why didn't you do that when we first got here?'

'I did, but I wasn't sure how my power would work on your friend since I thought you were from Mato. Our powers don't work the same on Mato citizens. But since you said your friend has powers too, I decided to use my full powers on him'.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and noticed he was opening his eyes.

'Tae?'

'Jungkook?' He asked as he tried to sit up. 'What happened? Did we make it home?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'No. I found a family that took us in till we can find our parents'.

Taehyung looked over and saw Mrs. Park standing next to him. 

'How are you feeling?' She asked.

'Okay, but I'm hungry'.

Mrs. Park nodded. 'Why don't you get cleaned up, and I'll make you some food'.

'Okay'.

'I'll bring you some of Jimin's close to change in to'. She said as she left the room.

'Jimin?' Taehyung looked at Jungkook.

'Their son. He's around our age'.

'How did you find them?'

'I left the shack and started screaming for help when I saw you were in a lot pain. Jimin heard me and got his parents to help take care of us. You had already passed out by then'.

'I don't remember anything after finding the shack'.

Jungkook pulled Taehyung to him and hugged him tight. 'I was so scared I was going to lose you. I don't know what I would of done if something happened to you'.

Taehyung hugged him back. 'I don't even know what happened. I was feeling weird not long after we escaped'.

'Mrs. Park said you had an infection and probably ate some bad berries'.

'But nothing happened to you?'

Jungkook shook his head. 'She said I was fine'.

'Is she a doctor?'

'Sort of. She's from EXO Planet, and has healing powers. She got rid of your wound in seconds'. He said pointing to Taehyung's shoulder. 'It's completely gone'.

Taehyung looked at his shoulder and saw nothing there.

'Go get cleaned up. You need to eat'. Jungkook said as he took Taehyung to the bathroom.

Taehyung went inside and shut the door.

Mrs. Park came back in the room and handed Jungkook some of Jimin's clothes for Taehyung, then went back to the kitchen.

 

Taehyung finished cleaning up, then met up with Jungkook in the guest room before going to the kitchen.

Taehyung sat at the table and Mrs. Park put a plate of food in front of him.

Taehyung dug into the food and started inhaling it.

'Mr. Park is out looking for your parents right now'. Mrs. Park said as she sat down next to Taehyung.

'Really?' Taehyung asked.

'Yes. Jungkook told us some things about your parents, so he's trying to see if he can find them'.

'Thank you for your help'. Taehyung said with his mouth full of food.

Mrs. Park smiled. 'Of course. You boys shouldn't be out there by yourselves with no food or shelter. I'd want someone to take care of Jimin if we got separated'.

'You're from EXO Planet?' Taehyung asked.

'I am. I came here to live with my husband'.

'Does Jimin have powers?'

'He does. He has caused a lot of damage with that fire power of his'.

'You're like our parents. One from here and one from EXO Planet '.

'It's not too uncommon'. She said as she took Taehyung's empty plate.

'Why don't you two go play with Jimin? He's always wanted friends to hang out with. There's not many kids in our community his age'.

Taehyung nodded and grabbed Jungkook's hand as they went outside to find Jimin.

 

Baekhyun stopped walking when he noticed BamBam wasn't giving him directions anymore.

Daehyun and Youngjae stopped next to Baekhyun and Mrs. Byun.

'What's going on?' Youngjae asked.

'I think BamBam is getting tired'.

'Well, we have been walking for awhile'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun turned to him. 'Why are we walking anyway? It's going to take forever to find the boys this way, if they're still out there'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I knew we wouldn't get anywhere following BamBam. He's never been here before'.

'We had to try'. Baekhyun said. 'I want to find Taehyung and Jungkook. None of your leads were working'.

'At least I never stopped looking for the kids, while you locked yourself in the bedroom'.

Baekhyun glared at him.

'You weren't looking for them, Youngjae was'.

Youngjae got inbetween Daehyun and Baekhyun and tried to stop their fight.

'Hey, we aren't getting anywhere by you two fighting. Besides, Daehyun, your son hasn't lead us completely off path'.

'What do you mean?'

'We found your uncle in that building over there'. He said pointing at the top of the hill.

'What?' Daehyun looked at him shocked. 'BamBam's leading us in the right direction?'

Youngjae nodded. 'I think so'.

'I want to go check the building out'. Daehyun said.

'Seriously?' Baekhyun asked. 'We have to keep going'.

'I won't be long'. Daehyun said. 'You, your mom and BamBam rest. I'm going to see if there's any clues in the building'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Fine'. He sat down next to one of the trees and held BamBam close to him as he fell asleep.

Mrs. Byun sat next to Baekhyun as Youngjae followed Daehyun to the building.

Daehyun had never been to the building before. It was hidden in the middle of nowhere where no citizens could find it. 

 Youngjae grabbed his flashlight and went inside the building in front of Daehyun.

'You said you checked everywhere in the building when you found my uncle?'

'We checked all the rooms, but didn't check outside the building'.

They walked around the entire building looking in all the rooms, but found nothing except for a few dried blood stains on the floor.

Daehyun pointed at one of the windows and noticed it was open. He went over to it and found some dried blood on it as well.

'We didn't see this when we were here'. Youngjae said.

'Let's check outside the building'.

Youngjae nodded and led Daehyun outside of the building. They looked around till they got to the opened window.

They noticed a small trail of blood spots in the grass leading away from the building. It disappeared a few feet away from the building.

'You think this blood belongs to the kids?' Youngjae asked.

'It might. We have to find out. First we need to find a car'.

'I saw one on the other side of the building when we found your uncle'.

Daehyun followed Youngjae as he led him to one of his uncle's cars under the trees. Daehyun climbed inside and found the keys in the console. 

'This will work'. Daehyun said as Youngjae got in the passenger seat. 'It has enough room for everyone'.

 

Baekhyun looked up at the sight of headlights coming towards him. He stood up and grabbed his mom's arm.

The car stopped in front of them, and Daehyun got out of the car.

'Whose car is this?'

'It's my uncle's, we found it at the building'.

'Did you find anything else?'

'We did find a trail of blood leading away from the building'.

'What?' Baekhyun held BamBam closer to him. 'It is the kid's?'

'I don't know for sure. It looks like drops from an opened wound'.

'You think the boys escaped?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't know, but we'll find out. Get in'.

Youngjae and Mrs. Byun got in the backseat as Baekhyun got in the passenger seat.

'Is BamBam awake enough to give directions again?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'He needs to rest, and so do we. We'll wait till he wakes up'.

Daehyun reached over and tried to put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, but Baekhyun pulled away.

Daehyun sighed. 

Baekhyun tried to turn away from Daehyun as he rested. 

 

'You're awake '. Jimin said as he saw Jungkook and Taehyung walk over to him. 'This one was very worried about you'. He pointed at Jungkook.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook who turned his attention to the ground.

'We're best friends, we look out for each other'.

'Must be nice to have someone like that'.

'Why aren't there any kids your age around here?'

Jimin shrugged. 'They're all older than me or don't have kids. But a lot of people are scared of me'.

'Why?'

'I have caused a lot of problems with my powers and it scares Mato citizens. I would love to go back to EXO Planet where my powers don't scare people'.

'Can we see your powers?' Jungkook asked. 'I think they're interesting'.

'Do you have powers?'

Jungkook shook his head.

'I do'. Taehyung said as he opened his hand and light appeared.

Jimin smiled and opened his hand and fire appeared.

Jungkook stood in amazement. He was feeling left out, but watched as Taehyung and Jimin played with their powers.

Jungkook noticed how close Taehyung and Jimin were getting. They had stuff in common like their powers and having parents from EXO Planet and Planet Mato.

Jungkook went and sat on the porch when he noticed Jimin and Taehyung forgot about him.

Jungkook watched as Taehyung turned the lights off and made everything dark. Jimin had fire in his hand, and flames were starting to go everywhere.

'Do you not have control of your powers?' Taehyung asked as he turned the lights back on.

Jimin closed his hand and shook his head. 'My parents get on to me all the time for not being able to control my powers'.

'Your mom didn't teach you?'

'She tried. But it's still difficult for me'.

Taehyung went over to Jimin and tried to show him how to control his powers. He remembered what Baekhyun told him when he was learning.

Jungkook watched Taehyung and Jimin carefully. He started getting nervous as he saw how close Taehyung was getting with Jimin.

A few minutes later, Mrs. Park came outside and saw Jungkook by himself.

'Why are you sitting here alone?'

'Taehyung is showing Jimin how to control his powers. I don't know what it's like to have powers, so I'm just watching'.

'Jimin shouldn't be using his powers. He's too dangerous with them'.

'Boys!' Mrs. Park yelled.

Jimin and Taehyung stop what they were doing and turned to her.

'Stop using your powers. It's dangerous to use them on Mato. Why don't you do something all three of you can be included in?'

Taehyung looked at her confused, and realized Jungkook was with Mrs. Park instead of with him and Jimin. He didn't even notice Jungkook took off.

'Okay, eomma'. Jimin said as he waved to her. A flame shot from his hand and landed on the bush next to her and caught on fire.

Mrs. Park shook her head in frustration and went back inside the house.

'You'll get the hang of it'. Taehyung said.

Jimin nodded. 'I hope so'.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook and sat next to him.

'Why did you leave?'

'Did you even notice I left?' Jungkook asked.

Taehyung didn't know what to say as Jungkook stood up and went inside the house.

 

Daehyun had been driving for a few hours after BamBam woke up. He had been pointing them in different directions, but was getting fussy cause he was getting hungry.

Daehyun stopped so Baekhyun could feed him, and so they could eat as well.

'How can we not find the boys by now? They couldn't of gotten this far on foot'. Baekhyun  said as he finished feeding BamBam.

'They could be anywhere'. Daehyun said. 'All we can do is search every inch of Mato till we find them'.

'We need to fill up the car before we keep going '. Youngjae said.

'You're right. I'll do that now'. Daehyun got up from the table and went to the gas station across the street.

 

While Daehyun was filling up the car, a man came out of a nearby store and walked over to him.

'You're Jung Daehyun, right?'

Daehyun turned to him confused. 'Yes...'

'I have been looking for you and your wife'.

'You mean my husband? Why?'

'You're looking for your kids, right?'

Daehyun froze in place. 'How'd you know?'

'Because they're at my place right now'.

'What? Why do you have my kids?'

'They showed up at my place a couple days ago'. Mr. Park said. 'They told my wife and I that they got separated from you and your husband'.

'Where's your house?'

'It's a few hours from here. I'll take you to them'.

'I need to go get my husband. I'll be right back'.

 

Daehyun ran back to the others and grabbed Baekhyun's arm.

'Come on, hurry'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun confused and tried to pull away from him.

'What's going on?'

'I found the kids!'

'What? Where?' Baekhyun got up and followed Daehyun outside.

Daehyun led Baekhyun, Youngjae and Mrs. Byun across the street to where Mr. Park was waiting for them.

'Who are you?' Baekhyun looked at Mr. Park.

'Baek, this man knows where the boys are.'

'How can you be sure?' Baekhyun looked at Daehyun.

Mr. Park smiled. 'I had two boys come up on my property the other day, one of them injured, the other just fine. My wife and I took them in and one of them told us they got kidnapped and separated from you and your husband'.

'Do you know the kid's names?'

'I believe their names are, Jungkook and Taehyung'.

Baekhyun nearly fainted at hearing the boys were still alive.

'Please take us to them'. Baekhyun said.

'Of course, follow me'. Mr. Park got in his car.

Daehyun, Baekhyun, Youngjae and Mrs. Byun got in their car, and Daehyun started following Mr. Park.

Daehyun glanced over at Baekhyun and noticed how nervous he was. He was hoping that this guy wasn't leading them into a trap or another dead end. That's the last thing they needed right now. All Daehyun wanted was for his family to be reunited and happy again.