Don't do it

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Taehyung and Jungkook stood on the porch for a few minutes before heading back inside.

Daehyun and Baekhyun had separated from each other and were standing in the kitchen when the boys went over to them.

Taehyung was nervous about what his parents were going to say about seeing him and Jungkook kissing. But Baekhyun went over to the fridge, not saying anything to Taehyung or Jungkook. Daehyun stood there quietly looking at the boys.

'Are you mad?' Taehyung asked.

Baekhyun turned to him and gave him a questioning look.

'Mad? About what?'

'You know'. Taehyung looked at him nervously.

Baekhyun shut the fridge and went over to Taehyung.

'Tae, the only thing I'm mad about right now is not finding you boys in your room when I went in there this morning. Scared me thinking something had happened to you'.

'Sorry, eomma. Jungkook went to sleep on the couch and I went to join him'.

'Why did you sleep on the couch?' Baekhyun looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung before answering Baekhyun.

'I..uh...thought it would be best to sleep out here away from Taehyung'.

Baekhyun turned to Taehyung. 'If he was trying to get away from you, why did you join him out here?'

'I wanted to ask him something, but saw he was upset and decided he shouldn't be sleeping alone, so I joined him'.

'I really thought you boys had made up by now. Especially after what we just saw'.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook who was standing there nervously. Taehyung didn't know who was more nervous, him or Jungkook.

'Jungkook and I are fine. We talked things out'.

'That's good'. Baekhyun said. 'I hated seeing you two fighting'.

Baekhyun started making breakfast as Taehyung and Jungkook sat with Daehyun in the living room.

Jungkook reached for Taehyung's hand, but Taehyung pulled away. He didn't know why he was nervous to be close to Jungkook in front of his parents. He and Jungkook had been holding hands and hugging for years and it never bothered him. But now, something felt different and he wanted to know what it was.

Daehyun noticed the difference in Taehyung's behavior towards Jungkook immediately. He wanted to talk to him about it, but was interrupted by Baekhyun calling BamBam and the boys to come eat.

Everyone headed to the dining room where they ate in an awkward silence.

BamBam looked at everyone confused.

'Why is everyone so quiet? Did you get in trouble?' He turned to Taehyung and Jungkook.

'No, why?'

'Because of eomma and appa finding out about you two kissing.'

'How do you know about that?'

Taehyung eyed BamBam carefully.

BamBam watched as Taehyung's face turned from nervous to anger in seconds.

'You told them didn't you?'

BamBam shrugged. 'Eomma forced me to tell him'.

Baekhyun watched as Taehyung got up and made his way to BamBam.

BamBam stuck his hand out in front of him, getting ready to shoot lightning towards Taehyung when Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung's arm.

'Stop it you two'. Baekhyun said pulling Taehyung back to his chair.

'But it's not fair!' Taehyung yelled. 'Why does he have to be able to see my location and read my thoughts?'

'You can do it too'. Baekhyun said.

'But I have never used it against him like he is with me'.

'I told him to tell me where you were since you weren't in your room this morning'.

'I didn't need to see you and Jungkook kissing'. BamBam shuttered at the thought. 'Gross'.

Taehyung glared at BamBam and tried get near him again, but BamBam managed to shoot a lightning bolt at Taehyung before Baekhyun or Daehyun could stop him.

Taehyung ducked down under the table, as everyone else jumped from their seats.

'BamBam!' Baekhyun yelled. 'Don't shoot lightning at your brother'.

'I have to protect myself, don't I?'

'I'll take care of Taehyung. Why don't you and Jungkook go outside?'

'Okay'.

BamBam stood up and went over to Jungkook. Jungkook looked at Taehyung before following BamBam outside on the porch.

 

'Sit down, Taehyung'. Baekhyun said when they were alone.

Taehyung sighed and sat down on the couch and looked at his lap.

Daehyun and Baekhyun sat on either side of him.

'What is going on, son?' Daehyun asked. 'We thought things were starting to go back to normal'.

'Nothing'. Taehyung said. 'Everything is fine'.

'Something is bothering you'.

Baekhyun put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 'You can tell us anything'.

Taehyung looked at his parents, deciding what to tell them. He needed help with this situation with Jungkook, and was hoping they'd be able to help him.

'I'm just confused'.

'About?'

'Jungkook'.

'What are you confused about?'

'I've always seen him as my best friend. But suddenly he tells me he has feelings for me. I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to try to be with him, but the other part tells me it's wrong'. 

'Sweetie, it's perfectly normal to be confused about your feelings'. Baekhyun said. 'But you need to decide what to do. You don't want to play with Jungkook's feelings for you and string him along'.

'That's not all'.

'What else is bothering you?' Daehyun asked.

'Jimin...'

'What about him?'

'He likes me too'.

'What?'

'He confessed his feelings to me the other day'.

'Then why were you kissing Jungkook?'

'I wanted to see if I felt anything for him'.

'And?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'I don't know. That's why I'm confused. Because I kissed Jimin too'.

Baekhyun and Daehyun looked at each other shocked.

'Do you like both boys?'

Taehyung nodded. 'I told Jungkook I'd be with him, but part of me still has doubts'.

'You can take your time to decide. Whoever you choose, you both should be happy and devoted to each other'.

Taehyung looked at his parents carefully. 'How did you two know you were meant to be together?'

Baekhyun and Daehyun smiled at each other as Baekhyun hugged Taehyung.

'Believe it or not, we didn't get along when we first met'. Daehyun said.

'Why?'

'I was a foreigner on Planet Mato and thought your father and his family was going to hurt me for being on their planet'. Baekhyun said.

'Little did you know I was actually protecting you'. Daehyun smirked.

'You kidnapped me my first day there!' Baekhyun yelled.

'Did not'.

'Taking me to your house against my will is kidnapping!' Baekhyun glared at him.

'I was protecting you'.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'Fine, whatever...just tell the story'.

'Anyway...' Daehyun eyed Baekhyun. 'Your mother and I fought the first night he was at my house, but we eventually talked things out and started to get to know each other more. He was planning on going back to his planet, but I couldn't let him leave'.

'Why not?'

'Because I had fallen in love with him and didn't want to be without him'.

'How did you fall in love so soon?'

'When you are with the person you're meant to be with, you just know. You want to spend all your time with them, love them, protect them. The thought of being without them kills you inside'. 

Taehyung realized that description sounded like Jungkook. 

'Jungkook said he didn't know what to do when I got sick. He said he was afraid to lose me'.

'Jungkook loves you more than you know. It's up to you if you want to be with him or not'. Baekhyun said.

Taehyung sighed and looked at the friendship bracelet on his wrist.

'Who confessed their feelings first?' Taehyung looked at his parents.

'I did'. Daehyun said.

'You didn't confess, you just kissed me'. Baekhyun looked at Daehyun.

'But you returned the kiss'. Daehyun smiled.

'I did'.

'Sounds like appa loved you more'.

'He did. But it was because I wasn't used to being with a guy. It was a new experience for me. I hadn't thought about being with a guy till I met your father'.

'What changed your mind about him?'

'He had treated me different than anyone I had been with before. He didn't care that I have powers and was from a different planet. He made me feel safe and loved, which is why I stayed with him instead of going back to EXO Planet. But our relationship wasn't easy'.

'Why not?'

'We had to hide our relationship so I wouldn't get caught being on a planet that hates foreigners. But, I was eventually caught and sent away. Your father and I were separated for a few years, but we found each other again'.

Daehyun smiled and squeezed Baekhyun's hand.

'Would Jungkook and I have to hide too?' Taehyung looked at his parents.

'Why would you have to hide?'

'Because everyone sees us as brothers'.

'Taehyung, don't ever let someone else's opinion stop you from being with the person you love. If I had listened to my uncle about hating foreigners, your mother and I would of never gotten together and you wouldn't be here'.

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun who nodded in agreement.

'Don't sacrifice your happiness because you're afraid of what other people will think. We will support you no matter who you decide to be with. All we care about is that you're happy'.

Taehyung smiled and hugged his parents.

'Just remember that the person you are with should support you through the good and bad times'. Baekhyun said. 'I almost made the mistake of pushing your father away because I was upset at him. But he never left my side because of how much he cared about me'.

'I hope to have a relationship like yours'.

'I'm sure you will'. Baekhyun smiled. 'Just choose the one you love and want to spend the rest of your life with'.

Taehyung nodded and left the room. He was starting to feel better after talking to his parents. He had a lot of thinking to do as he made his way outside to Jungkook and BamBam.

 

Over the next few days, Taehyung distanced himself from everyone to think things over. He wanted things to go back to normal where Jungkook and Jimin were just friends, not trying to be in a relationship with him.

Jungkook had noticed how different Taehyung had gotten since he confessed to him. He was starting to regret telling Taehyung his feelings. He just wanted the old Taehyung back who cared about him and spent time with him.

Jungkook gave Taehyung his space and started focusing on his hobbies to distract himself.

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun hated seeing the boys being distant again, but knew they had to work this out themselves.

'I hate you're leaving at a time like this'. Baekhyun said as Daehyun started getting ready to leave for Planet Mato.

Daehyun went over and hugged Baekhyun. 'It will be okay. I'll take Jungkook with me and hopefully by the time we get back, Taehyung will of made a decision'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'The boys aren't their happy, carefree selves anymore. I just want them to be happy and close like they used to be'.

'I know. I do too'. Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's forehead and headed to the living room where BamBam and Taehyung were watching tv.

'Where's Jungkook?' Daehyun asked. 'I've got to go'.

BamBam pointed down the hall to the boy's room.

Daehyun made his way down the hall and knocked on the door.

'Jungkook? Let's go'.

'I'll be right there'. Jungkook called through the door.

 

A few minutes later, Jungkook went to the living room and made his way to the door.

'I'm ready'. He turned to Daehyun who stared at the object in his hands.

'Why do you have that bag? We're only going to be gone two days'.

Jungkook looked down at the ground and squeezed the bag in his hands.

'I...uh...I'm staying on Planet Mato'.

'What?!' Daehyun and Baekhyun went over to him.

'What do you mean you're staying on Planet Mato?' Baekhyun asked.

'I want to help appa and Youngjae run Planet Mato. Youngjae said I can stay with him'.

'Why didn't you tell us?'

Jungkook shrugged. 'Because I knew you'd react this way'.

'Jungkook, please think about this carefully'. Baekhyun squeezed his shoulder. 'You only really know Youngjae. He's never raised a kid, how are you going to take care of yourself?'

'I have halmeoni too'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused.

'My mom'. Daehyun said reading Baekhyun's expression.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I really wish you had talked to us about this instead of springing this on us like this'.

'I'm sorry, eomma. But I think it's best I go live on Planet Mato'. Jungkook looked at Taehyung out of the corner of his eye. He didn't want to leave him, but he felt this was the best way to give Taehyung space.

Taehyung couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew Jungkook was doing this because of him. He didn't think Jungkook would leave the planet just because he couldn't make a decision about his feelings.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook and pulled him away from their parents.

'Don't do this'. Taehyung said. 'I'm sorry I turned away from you. But I needed to sort out my feelings'.

'This isn't just about you. I have been training to go to Planet Mato permanently. All the exercising and boxing wasn't just because I was bored or lonely. I like Planet Mato and want to make sure it is ran smoothly. Appa and Youngjae can't run it alone forever. They need someone to take over for them some day'.

'I still think this is partly my fault'.

Jungkook shook his head. 'I think it was my fault for confessing my feelings to you. I think it ruined our friendship. Besides I didn't realize Jimin also confessed to you. You can choose him now. I won't be in the way if I'm on Planet Mato'.

Jungkook turned to leave, but Taehyung grabbed his wrist.

'We'll see each other again, right?'

Jungkook shrugged. 'Maybe. I don't know how often I'll come to visit. But if I don't come back, you know where to find me'.

Jungkook gave Taehyung a small smile then kissed him gently on the lips before going back over to Daehyun and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun hugged Jungkook tightly.

'I hate to see you go, but you know you can always come back here any time'.

'I know. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I love you'.

Taehyung watched as Baekhyun kissed the top of Jungkook's head, then they both watched as Daehyun and Jungkook left the house. Taehyung took in every detail of Jungkook he could till the door closed, separating them. Taehyung felt his world crashing around him at the thought of possibly never seeing Jungkook again.