Forgive me

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

'Make sure BamBam gets his meds'. Baekhyun said as he handed BamBam to his mother. BamBam fell back asleep in Mrs. Byun's arms since he had gotten woken up early from Baekhyun feeding him and changing him.

Daehyun was waiting by the door as Baekhyun gave Mrs. Byun a list of instructions to follow while they were gone.

'Also, make sure Taehyung doesn't get into trouble. He's been a little better lately. But you just never know with him'.

Mrs. Byun put her free hand on Baekhyun's arm. 'Relax, Baekhyun. I can take care of my grandsons'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'I know. I wouldn't trust them with anyone else'.

'You two go have fun. I've got things under control here'.

'Thanks, eomma. We'll be back sunday night'.

Daehyun reached out and grabbed Baekhyun's hand.

'Let's go before you change your mind'.

'I'm coming'.

Baekhyun hugged the boys and his mom then left the house holding Daehyun's hand.

 

Daehyun had called a taxi for them since they still didn't have a car. Baekhyun cuddled up against Daehyun as the taxi driver took them to their destination.

'Where are we going?' Baekhyun asked.

'You'll see'. Daehyun smiled. 'I tried to pick the most romantic place I could find'.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged him. 'You're the best'.

Daehyun played with Baekhyun's hair and kissed the top of his head.

'I wanted to try and pick a place that would help take your mind off things for awhile'.

Daehyun heard Baekhyun sigh. 'I hope it helps. I still worry about BamBam and Taehyung living here. Taehyung is going to be starting school soon, and I can't be there to make sure he doesn't use his powers or tell other kids about EXO Planet'. Baekhyun whispered to make sure the driver didn't hear him.

'Don't worry about that right now. This is our time together. Forget the kids till we go home'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I'll try'.

'I love that you care so much about me and the kids. But you also have to think about yourself as well'.

Baekhyun looked up at Daehyun and squeezed his arm. 'Dae, you and the kids are my top priority. I don't have time to worry about myself'.

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's hand and kissed it. 'That's why we're going away for the weekend, so you can focus on you'.

Baekhyun smirked. 'I think there's more to it than that'.

'Maybe'. Daehyun smiled and kissed him.

 

The driver stopped a few minutes later. Daehyun and Baekhyun got out of the taxi and grabbed their bags.

Baekhyun looked around and saw a giant tower in front of him. His mouth opened in shock.

'This is where we're staying?' 

Daehyun smiled and put his free arm around Baekhyun's waist. 'No, this is where we're having dinner. The hotel is a block away from here'.

 

Daehyun led Baekhyun to the hotel so they could check in and put their bags in the room. Baekhyun went to the bathroom to change clothes and touch up his makeup.

Daehyun stood in the doorway and watched him.

'You know, you look gorgeous no matter what'.

Baekhyun smiled at Daehyun in the mirror. 'Even when I just wake up and my hair is sticking up in all directions?'

Daehyun walked up behind Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around his waist. 'Of course'.

'I don't believe that'.

'Really?'

'How can you be attracted to me looking like that in the morning?'

'Because, I love you no matter what. Even if you look like hell in the morning. You are still the same person I fell in love with on Planet Mato'.

Baekhyun smiled and pulled Daehyun to him so he could kiss him.

'I still can't believe you fell in love with me. A foreigner'.

'Why is it so hard to believe?'

'Because, we barely knew each other'. Baekhyun said as he played with the button on Daehyun's shirt.  'If I remember correctly, you confessed you feelings for me after one night of being together. I was a total stranger to you, yet you fell in love with me immediately. Isn't that weird?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'It was enough for me.'

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. 'You really didn't waste any time having me sleep in your bed'.

'You had just injured yourself. I was trying to keep an eye on you'.

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at Daehyun carefully. 'How did you know I was the one so suddenly?'

'There was something intriguing about you'.

Daehyun held Baekhyun's hand and felt the warmth from it. 'The warmth from your hand has always comforted me. I know Taehyung feels it too. That's why he's so attached to you as well'.

Baekhyun smiled and wrapped his hand around Daehyun's.

'I felt the connection every time I touched your hand'. Daehyun said as he squeezed Baekhyun's hand. 'I never felt it before. So I knew I couldn't let you get away, cause I knew I wouldn't find the same comfort from anyone else on Planet Mato'.

'How many people had you been with before you met me?' Baekhyun asked and saw Daehyun's eyes go wide.

'Let's go to dinner'. Daehyun pulled away from Baekhyun and started heading for the door, but Baekhyun grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

'Not so fast Jung Daehyun. Answer me'.

Daehyun bit his lip and turned to Baekhyun. 'Does it really matter? I chose you'.

Baekhyun crossed his arms and gave Daehyun a stern look. 'If it doesn't matter, why are you afraid to tell me?'

'Because, we're not here to talk about my past relationships. We're here to spend time together. So let's go to dinner'.

'Not until you answer me'.

Daehyun sighed. He knew he wasn't going to win this battle. So he figured he'd better tell Baekhyun the truth. 'It doesn't matter. They were all girls my father tried to hook me up with. He had been trying to find someone for me since I was 15. And every time I turned them down, he'd find another one'.

'What?'

'He wanted me to find someone so that I could take over in his place when he couldn't handle his job anymore. He said it wouldn't look good if I ran the community single. I had to have a girlfriend or wife to get the community's approval'.

Baekhyun face turned to disgust. 'That's insane. But then again, it is your father...'

'Exactly. He's been like this my whole life'.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Daehyun's waist and hugged him. 'I'm sorry you had to have such an as a father'.

'But, I'm away from him now and completely happy with you. You're better than anyone I could of ever asked for'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him passionately. 

'Let's go to dinner'. Daehyun said when they separated. 'I'm starving'.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 'You're always starving. You have a bottomless pit for a stomach'. He said as he pinched Daehyun's stomach.

'Hey!' Daehyun jumped back and rubbed his side. 'I can't help it. I love food'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Then let's go feed you'.

 

Daehyun took Baekhyun to the restaurant. Baekhyun kept staring at the view as they waited for their food.

'This is amazing. How'd you find this place?'

'I asked around. A lot of people said this was one of the most romantic places nearby'.

'I love it. It's beautiful'.

'I only want the best for you'.

Daehyun smiled and held Baekhyun's hand. 

'Maybe living here won't be so bad after all'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun confused. 'You want to stay here?'

'What choice do we have?' Baekhyun looked and him.

'We don't have to stay here. There are other places we can go'.

'But they're not home'.

Daehyun looked down at Baekhyun's hand as he traced circles on the top of it.

'I thought you'd be fine as long as we're together'.

'Of course. All I need is you and the boys'.

'But...'

'But, we have to think about the boys too'.

Daehyun sighed. 'Hey, let's not do this now'. He said as he saw Baekhyun's mood start to change. 'We can talk about this later. Right now, let's just focus on us'.

Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

Their food arrived shortly after. Baekhyun watched as Daehyun devoured his food and tried to finish what was left on his plate.

Baekhyun playfully hit Daehyun's hand away from his plate.

'I'm not finished yet'.

'Sorry. I'm still hungry'.

'Order something else then'. Baekhyun kept eating the food from his plate and noticed how Daehyun was staring at him.

'Dae...stop'.

Daehyun smiled and called the waiter over and ordered more food.

Baekhyun shook his head, but wasn't surprised Daehyun ate so much. He knew something was wrong with Daehyun if he didn't have his appetite. 

 

They finally made their way back to the hotel after Daehyun finished eating. Baekhyun went into the bathroom and started changing clothes.

'Don't bother changing'. Daehyun said as he sat on the bed.

'I want to get comfortable'. Baekhyun took his clothes off and got ready to join Daehyun in bed.

Once Baekhyun left the bathroom, he saw Daehyun lying on the bed .

Baekhyun smirked and went to the bed.

'Is this why you didn't want me to change clothes?'

Daehyun nodded. 'You'd just be taking them off anyway'.

Baekhyun smiled and climbed onto the bed next to Daehyun.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and started kissing him passionately.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Daehyun and kissed him back.

As they started making love, Baekhyun was starting to feel like he did before they had Taehyung. When they were happy and in love without all the problems they had now. He was glad Daehyun was able to take his mind off of things for awhile.

Baekhyun forgot about everything around him. Right now it was only him and Daehyun. And that's all he needed.

Daehyun was enjoying their time together just as much as Baekhyun was. He made sure that while he was making love to Baekhyun, it was special and meaningful. He always wanted Baekhyun to know how much he meant to him. And he knew what Baekhyun liked the most when they made love.

 

They fell asleep in each other's arms later that night. Both of them happy and carefree. But Daehyun was suddenly woken up by his phone buzzing. He looked over at Baekhyun who was sound asleep in his arms.

Daehyun carefully pulled away from Baekhyun and went to find his phone. He meant to leave the phone at home so he and Baekhyun wouldn't be disturbed. But as he pulled the phone from his pant's pocket, he saw it was a number from Planet Mato.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun again to make sure he was still asleep before he answered the call.

Daehyun grabbed his robe and made his way to a private area in the room. He forgot he had contacted one of his old friends who now works for his father. He hoped his friend could help him get back to Planet Mato and help him take down his father.

'Hello?' Daehyun asked using Mato language.

'Daehyun, I just wanted to let you know I have been able to get you a ride back here to Planet Mato'.

'Really? When?'

'First thing monday morning'.

'What?' Daehyun wasn't expecting to be leaving so soon. But he figured it was better to leave now rather than later.

'It's all set. Your father isn't using any of the ships then. Plus I'm on duty during that time, so I can make sure the ship is able to leave and come back without suspension'.

Daehyun bit his lip as he listened to his friend, Youngjae, tell him the plan. He really didn't want to piss off Baekhyun. But he had to do this.

'Alright, I'll see you then'.

Daehyun hung up the phone and went back to Baekhyun. He was careful to not wake Baekhyun up and he wrapped his arms around him.

Daehyun stared at Baekhyun for a few minutes taking in his features.

'Please forgive me for this Baekhyun'. He whispered then tried to fall back asleep.

 

*2 days later*

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun had made their way back home from their time alone. Baekhyun was happy to see the boys again. But he could tell Daehyun was acting different when they got back.

'Dae, what's wrong?' Baekhyun asked as he changed clothes.

Daehyun shook his head. 'Nothing'.

Baekhyun eyed him carefully. 'You've been acting weird since we got back'.

'I think you're imagining things'.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's arm. 'Dae, I know you. You're hiding something'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'No I'm not'.

'Tell me what it is'.

'I can't, because there is nothing to tell'. Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and kissed his forehead. 'Now relax. We need to focus on the kids again'.

Baekhyun nodded. He still felt Daehyun was acting weird. But he decided to not argue about it.

 

The next morning, Daehyun got out of bed carefully and started getting ready to leave for Planet Mato.

Before he left, he went over to Baekhyun and kissed his forehead. Then he set a piece of paper on the pillow next to him.

'I love you, Baek'. He whispered. 'I promise we'll be together again'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun one last time then left the room. 

He made his way to the ship Youngjae sent him and got on it. He had mixed emotions as the ship took off. He just hoped he wouldn't regret his decision.

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning and didn't feel Daehyun next to him. He figured Daehyun was in the bathroom. But he looked and saw the bathroom was empty.

'Dae?' He called out. But got no response.

He climbed out of bed and searched the house. He went from room to room, but still didn't find Daehyun. He was getting worried. Daehyun was always there when he woke up.

Baekhyun grabbed his phone and tried to call him. The phone went straight to voicemail.

Baekhyun went back to his room and looked around for any clues to where Daehyun might have gone.

He didn't find anything unusual till he made his way to Daehyun's side of the bed. He saw a piece of paper hanging over the edge of the bed. He picked it up and started reading it.

 

Baek,

​​​​​​I know you're going to hate me for this, and I'm sorry, but I have to try and fix this mess my father created.

I knew if I told you I was leaving, you would of stopped me. And you're probably right to stop me, but this is something I need to do. This situation is tearing me up inside and I need to stop it. I need to stop it for us and the kids. I need to take care of you like you take care of us.

I know I've upset you with this decision, and I am sorry. I really didn't want to upset you. But if I don't try to confront my father, I'll never know if I would of been able to fix things and give you the life you and the boys deserve.

I love you more than anything. And I promise we'll be together again. I don't know how long I'll be gone. But don't give up on me. I'll do everything I have to to get back to you. 

Just please forgive me for going against your wishes. I never intended to hurt you. You are my everything.

Love,

Daehyun

 

Baekhyun stared at the paper in his hands in disbelief. He couldn't believe Daehyun left during the night without saying anything.

Baekhyun crumpled the paper and threw it against the wall. Tears filled his eyes as he thought about what he was going to do without Daehyun. He couldn't leave the boys to help Daehyun this time.

He just really hoped he hadn't seen Daehyun for the last time.