Babysitter Dae

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and took him into their bedroom. He shut the door behind him.

'How did you lose your job?' Baekhyun asked using Mato language.

'I wasn't the only one that lost their job'. Daehyun looked at him. 'They don't have much work for all their employees to do. So they let some of us go'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'What are we going to do? We have two kids to take care of'.

'I know. I'll try to find something else'. Daehyun sat on the bed. 'It's harder to find a job here since I don't have powers like everyone else'.

Baekhyun sat next to him. 'Surely there's something out there you can do that doesn't require powers'.

'Like I said, I'll keep looking'.

Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand. 'I can try and get my job at the diner back'.

'You don't have to do that'. Daehyun said.

'I might not have a choice if you can't get back to work soon'.

'Hopefully it doesn't come to that'.

 

In the living room, Taehyung realized no one was there to make sure he stayed in the corner. He stood up from the chair and started to go into the living room.

Bambam looked over and saw Taehyung getting closer to him. He removed the fist from his mouth and aimed it at Taehyung. A lightning bolt shot towards Taehyung and he froze in his tracks.

'Stop doing that'. Taehyung whined.

But Bambam kept aiming his hand at Taehyung. Taehyung tried to avoid the lightning bolts and went back to his chair in the corner.

Bambam squealed with excitement and went back to his fist.

Taehyung looked over his shoulder at Bambam. He couldn't believe he was treating him this way. It made him not like his brother even more.

 

Baekhyun and Daehyun left their room and went back to the boys.

Baekhyun was surprised to see Taehyung still sitting in the corner. But then he saw black marks on the floor and walls.

'What happened in here?' Baekhyun asked Taehyung.

'Bambam was using his powers on me'. Taehyung said as he looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked over at Bambam who was oblivious to the situation as he layed in his bouncing seat.

'Why would he do that?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'I wasn't doing anything wrong'. Taehyung looked at Baekhyun with his puppy dog eyes. 'You need to find a way to send him back'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'He's not going anywhere, so stop saying that'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Can I get up now? I've learned my lesson'. He turned around and grabbed the back of the chair.

'Which is?' Baekhyun asked.

'Umm'. Taehyung looked around the room trying to come up with something to tell him. 'To be more careful and not get caught?' He looked up at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shook his head and ran his hands down his face in frustration. 'No!' He sighed. 'That's not what you were supposed to learn'.

Taehyung looked down at the chair. 'I'm sorry eomma. I'll be a good boy'.

Baekhyun kneeled down next to him. 'Tae, I need you to stop being jealous of your little brother. Please love him and be a good big brother'. Baekhyun looked Taehyung in the eyes. 'I love you both. Okay?'

Taehyung nodded. 'Okay'.

Baekhyun grabbed Taehyung's hand and took him to the living room.

Daehyun was sitting next to Bambam and playing with him. Bambam smiled and squealed as Daehyun ticked him.

Baekhyun went to the kitchen and finished making dinner.

 

*A few weeks later*

 

Daehyun was still out of work. Baekhyun was just as frustrated as he was that he couldn't find anything. Baekhyun contacted the diner he used to work at and asked if they'd take him back. They said they'd love to have him back. Baekhyun was happy, but he was worried about Daehyun being alone with the kids.

Daehyun was worried about being alone with the kids too, especially Taehyung. But he hoped it would give them a chance to get closer.

 

Baekhyun had a hard time sleeping that night, he kept thinking about work, the kids and Daehyun.

Baekhyun decided to get up. He left the room and went into the kitchen. He made food for Daehyun and Taehyung. He set aside Bambam's formula. He put little sticky notes around the house for Daehyun in case he needed help with anything.

Baekhyun was almost finished when he heard Bambam crying. He went to his room before he could wake anybody up.

Baekhyun picked Bambam up and changed him and started feeding him before he had to get ready for work.

Once Bambam was fed, Baekhyun put him in his bouncing chair where he could keep an eye on him and started getting ready for work. 

 

Baekhyun was in the bathroom getting ready when he heard a voice behind him.

'Watcha doing?' Baekhyun looked in the mirror and saw Taehyung standing behind him.

Baekhyun turned to him. 'I have to leave for a few hours, honey'.

'Where are we going?' Taehyung asked thinking he was going too.

''We' are not going anywhere. I am leaving'.

'But...' Taehyung pouted. 'Why can't I go?'

Baekhyun kneeled down next to him. 'You don't want to go with me. You wouldn't like it there'.

'Whose going to watch us?'

'Appa is going to be here with you. Okay?' Baekhyun smiled.

Taehyung sighed. 'Okay'.

'You be good for appa. He loves you just as much as I do'.

Taehyung nodded.  'Okay'.

 

Baekhyun finished getting ready for work and went to his bedroom. Daehyun was still laying on the bed asleep.

Baekhyun went over to Daehyun and shook him gently. 'Honey, wake up'.

Daehyun slowly opened his eyes and yawned. 'What is it?'

'I'm going to work now, you need to get up and watch the kids'.

Daehyun sat up and made his way out of the bed.

Baekhyun grabbed his hand and led him to the living room.

'Dae, I made food for you and Taehyung. It's his favorite foods so you shouldn't have a problem getting him to eat. Bambam's formula is here'. He pointed in the refrigerator. 'Make sure you feed Bambam on time and put him down for an afternoon nap. And make sure Taehyung doesn't do anything to Bambam'.

Daehyun heard bits and pieces of what Baekhyun was saying since he was still half asleep and Baekhyun was rambling fast like usual.

'Don't worry, Baek. Everything with be fine'. Daehyun kissed him.

'I'll be back later'. Baekhyun looked at Taehyung. 'Listen to appa'.

Taehyung nodded. 'Okay, eomma'.

Baekhyun kissed Daehyun again and left the house.

 

Daehyun turned to the boys. Bambam was staring at Daehyun from his bouncing seat. Taehyung was staring at him from the kitchen table. There was a long awkward silence between the three of them.

'When's eomma coming back?' Taehyung asked breaking the silence.

'In a few hours'. Daehyun said.

The boys kept staring as Daehyun went to the kitchen and grabbed coffee so he could wake up more.

'So what do you do after I leave in the morning?' Daehyun looked at Taehyung.

'Eomma feeds us then does stuff around the house'.

'Did he feed you already?'

'Yes, but I want chocolate now'. Taehyung got all excited. 

Daehyun shook his head. 'You don't need chocolate. Especially not after breakfast'.

Taehyung pouted. 'Can't we have it just this one time?'

'No'. Daehyun sat next to Taehyung.

'Can I have some?' Taehyung asked pointing at Daehyun's coffee mug.

'You don't want this'. Daehyun said.

'Why not?' Taehyung asked.

'It's not for kids'.

Taehyung stuck his finger in Daehyun's coffee and started screaming in pain from how hot it was.

Daehyun grabbed his coffee mug away from Taehyung.

'I told you you can't have any'. Daehyun said as he stood up.

Taehyung kept screaming as the lights started flickering and the appliances went crazy.

Daehyun picked Taehyung up and took him to the bathroom. He stuck Taehyung's finger in the cold water.

Taehyung started to calm down. 

Daehyun put some ointment on Taehyung's finger. 'Feel better?' He asked.

Taehyung nodded. 'Why is that stuff so hot?'

'It's supposed to be hot. It tastes better that way'.

Daehyun set Taehyung back on the ground and they went back to check on Bambam.

 

Daehyun sat next to Bambam and started playing with him. Taehyung sat on the couch. He didn't know why Daehyun was paying little attention to him.

Taehyung went to his room and closed the door.

Daehyun heard Taehyung go to his room. Daehyun grabbed Bambam and followed Taehyung.

'What's wrong,Tae?' Daehyun asked. He saw Taehyung laying on his bed.

'Nothing'. Taehyung said.

Daehyun went over and sat on Taehyung's bed. 'Doesn't sound like nothing'.

Taehyung sat up. 'Why is Bambam getting more attention than me?'

Daehyun looked at him. 'Babies need more attention since they can't take care of themselves. You are bigger, you're starting to take care of yourself'.

'I don't like it'. Taehyung said.

'You like all the attention on you don't you?'

Taehyung nodded. 'I'm cuter'. He smiled.

Daehyun smiled. 'You are definitely interesting. Just like your eomma'.

'Really?' Taehyung got excited.

Daehyun nodded. 'That's one of the reasons I fell in love with eomma was his unique personality'.

'How'd you and eomma meet?'

'We meet back on my planet, Planet Mato. He came to visit, and I ran into him while he was looking around Mato. We hit it off right away'.

'You're from a different planet?' Taehyung looked at Daehyun with interest.

'Yes, I moved here to be with you and eomma'.

'I didn't know that'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I know. You don't know anything about me, do you?'

Taehyung looked at him. 'I know you're my appa'.

'And that's all you know'.

Taehyung looked at the ground. 'Do you have powers?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'No, I don't'.

'So you can't do anything if I do this...' Taehyung started making the lights flicker.

'Stop it'. Daehyun said.

Taehyung smiled. 'Eomma always uses his powers to stop me'.

'Well I can't do anything but tell you to stop it'.

Taehyung kept smiling. 'But I like doing this'.

'Do you want me to call eomma and have him tell you to stop?' Daehyun looked at him. 'He wouldn't want me to disturb him at work'.

Taehyung made the lights stop flickering.

'Thank you'. Daehyun said. 'Look Tae, I know I'm not your favorite parent, but will you please go easy on me while we're together?'

Taehyung looked at him confused. 'I like you'.

'But you like eomma more'.

'Cause eomma spends time with me every day'.

'I know. Believe me, I would be around more if I didn't have to work'.

'Do you want to play with me?' Taehyung asked.

'Depends on what you want to play'.

Taehyung took Daehyun to the living room. Daehyun put Bambam back in his bouncing chair so he and Taehyung could play games together. Taehyung was happy Daehyun was wanting to spend time with him.

 

Baekhyun kept staring at the clock at work. He was worried about the boys. He wanted to get home and check on them.

Baekhyun rushed home once his shift was over. 

He went inside the house and expected total chaos, but instead the house was quiet.

Baekhyun found Daehyun asleep on the couch. Taehyung was laying next to him and Bambam was asleep on his chest.

Baekhyun smiled and went over to them. He kissed Daehyun's forehead. He was happy the boys behaved themselves for Daehyun. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for them after all.