Complicated actions

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

* On Planet Mato *

Daehyun had been getting help from his friend, Youngjae, when he arrived on Planet Mato. He was the only one Daehyun knew who could help him take down his father.

'Thanks for helping me with this'. Daehyun said in mato language as he looked at Youngjae. 'I can't keep letting my father hurt my family'.

Youngjae nodded. 'Of course. After everything you've done for me, it's only fair I return the favor. Besides your father has turned this place to hell'.

'What do you mean?'

'Ever since you left, he's been too focused on getting his revenge on you for leaving that he has stopped taking care of the community. People are starving, he's not paying the funds for utilities, or anything. People are upset with him.'

Daehyun was in shock as he listened to Youngjae. His father had always put the community first. He didn't understand why his father was so focused on punishing him.

'Why would he do that?'

Youngjae shrugged. 'No idea. But you're not the only one who wants to take him down'.

'Why hasn't anyone tried to take him down yet?'

Youngjae raised his eyebrow. 'Really?'

Daehyun looked at him confused.

'Dae, the community is scared of your father. With all the power and weapons he has, no one is going to try to take him down. So instead they're suffering'.

'Well I'm not scared of my father'. Daehyun said as he balled his hands into fists. 'I will do whatever I have to to make him pay for everything he's done'.

'Is that so?' Came a voice from behind them. 

Youngjae and Daehyun turned to the voice and came face to face with Mr. Jung.

'I knew you'd be back, Daehyun. But what I didn't expect was for one of my own employees to turn on me and help you out'.

Youngjae stood frozen in place. Daehyun got in front of him and turned back to his father.

'Leave him out of it. This is between you and me'. Daehyun glared at his father.

'There is nothing for you here Daehyun. You abandoned your job, the community and left the planet to be with that boy and his kid. You have no business here anymore. You made your choice'.

'No, I came here to make sure you leave my family alone. We have gone through hell because of you. And I won't let you hurt them anymore'.

Mr. Jung smirked as he listened to Daehyun. 'There is nothing you can do to stop me. I have the power and money to do whatever I want. Something you would of had if you hadn't abandoned me and Planet Mato to be with that foreigner from another planet'.

'You disowned me!' Daehyun yelled. 'I didn't abandon you, you abandoned me. And I don't care about your power and money. All I care about is protecting my family from you'. Daehyun glared at him. 'Ever since I left to be with my family, you have done nothing but try to hurt them and tear us apart'.

'You need to be with your own kind. Not with a super power freak'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'It's my choice. But you crossed the line by attacking Exo Planet and trying to hurt and kill innocent people, especially my sons'.

'I was trying to punish you by leaving. I told you you had to stay and do your job for the community. Only I find out you stole one of my ships and left to be with that boy and his kid'. Mr. Jung got in Daehyun's face but Daehyun didn't back down. 'Who helped you? Was is you?' 

Mr. Jung turned to Youngjae who was still frozen in place and reached forward and started shaking him.

'Did you go behind my back and help Daehyun leave the planet? Cause if you did, I'll make sure there's hell to pay'.

Daehyun grabbed his father's arm and shoved him off of Youngjae.

'Get away from him. Stop throwing your power around. You and I both know you are not as tough as you come across'.

'Boy, you really don't want to test me. I can make sure you never see your family or the light of day again'.

Daehyun shook his head. 'I'm not scared of you. I will find a way to make sure you don't hurt my family or anyone else again'.

'Good luck doing that behind bars'.

Daehyun looked at him confused then felt someone grab him from behind. He turned around and saw Youngjae behind him.

'What are you doing?'

But Youngjae didn't say anything. Instead he lead Daehyun to his father's prison and put him in one of the jail cells.

Daehyun looked at Youngjae in disbelief when he let him go.

'You tricked me? How could you?'

Youngjae didn't say anything and turned away from Daehyun.

'I have to get back to my family. Let me out of here!'

Mr. Jung walked over to Youngjae and smiled. 'Looks like you haven't betrayed me after all'.

Daehyun sighed as he watched them celebrate capturing him. Then Daehyun heard his phone go off. He pulled it out of his pocket and saw Baekhyun's name on the screen. He started to answer it but felt someone grab the phone from him.

'No phone calls'. Mr. Jung threw Daehyun's phone on the ground and stepped on it.

'Keep an eye on him'. Mr. Jung told Youngjae as he left the prison.

Daehyun kicked the bars in frustration as he saw his broken phone on the ground. He had no way of contacting Baekhyun now. And he could hear Baekhyun's voice in his head scolding him for leaving. 

Youngjae quickly turned to Daehyun. 'Keep it down'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'No. I have no way of contacting my husband now to let him know I'm trapped here. My best friend me and locked me up. So no I will not keep it down. I have to take my father down and get back to my family'.

'Seriously, shut up! You'll get us in trouble again'.

'What?'

Youngjae looked at Daehyun. 'I need you to shut up so I can make sure your father is gone'.

Daehyun watched as Youngjae went around the corner and looked around. Then he saw Youngjae come back to him with keys in his hand.

'Stay quiet. Otherwise both of us will be in here and you really won't see your family again'.

Youngjae unlocked the door and let Daehyun out of the cell.

'So, you're not on my father's side?'

'Of course not! I had to make him think I was on his side so he wouldn't get suspicious of me helping you'.

Daehyun smiled. 'Playing both sides'.

Youngjae nodded. 'Believe me. I want to see him taken down just as much as you do'.

'Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!'


* Back on Earth *


Baekhyun had taken Taehyung and Jungkook to school. Then spent the day running errands. 

Baekhyun had been watching Jungkook a lot, he was afraid to send him back to Chanyeol, especially if he was drunk. So he always offered to let Jungkook spend time with Taehyung at their place so he could keep an eye on them.

Baekhyun had BamBam with him as he ran his errands. He wanted to give his mom a break from watching him since he had the day off work.

Baekhyun pulled his phone out of his pocket as he carried BamBam inside the house and called Daehyun's number. Baekhyun got frustrated when Daehyun didn't answer.

'Where the hell are you, Dae?' He asked himself. 'Please be okay'.

Baekhyun took BamBam to his room and put him down for his nap. Then he made his way outside to wait on Taehyung and Jungkook to get home.

Baekhyun sat on the porch steps and waited. 

'Hey'.

Baekhyun turned and saw Chanyeol walking towards him. He stood up and crossed his arms.

'What is it?'

Chanyeol shrugged. 'Just wanted to come talk to you while I wait for Jungkook to get home from school'.

'Jungkook is coming over to spend time with Taehyung'. Baekhyun said.

'You know, he is my step son'.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol carefully. 'And how much do you really care about him?'

'I've been taking care of him since his mother died. He isn't biologically mine, but I still take care of him. I know it's what he would of wanted'.

'I don't think you care about Jungkook like you say you do'.

'Why not?' Chanyeol glared at him.

'You didn't see him the day you came over to talk me. He was scared to go back to you when I asked him if he wanted to go back home'. 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. 'You're imagining things. Jungkook and I get along great'.

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol was lying to him. He didn't care about Jungkook at all. 

'I saw the bruises on Jungkook's arm. I know they are from you'.

'That's a lie. I never hurt Jungkook'.

'You sure about that?' Baekhyun challenged. 'Because Jungkook tells a different story'.

'You believe the kid over me?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Of course I do. He has no reason to lie to me. Unlike you'. Baekhyun glared at him.

Chanyeol sighed. 'He wasn't supposed to say anything'.

'He didn't have to. The bruises and terrified look on his face said it all'.

Chanyeol looked down at the ground and clinched his fists. 'You don't know about what goes on in our family. So stop acting like you do. You don't know how hard it's been to lose my husband, Jungkook's mother. I was deeply in love with him and then he died in a car accident and I got stuck with his son because Jungkook didn't have any other relatives to take him in, plus it was in his will. So I took Jungkook in and tried to raise him, but it's hard being a single parent, especially when he reminds me of my ex'. Chanyeol put his head in his hands. 'Every day I see my ex when I look at Jungkook and it reminds me of everything I lost'.

Baekhyun got closer to Chanyeol and turned his head so he was facing him.

'I get you're hurt'. Baekhyun said as he looked at Chanyeol. 'I can't imagine never being able to see my husband again. It's tearing me up just being away from him for a few months. But that does not give you the right to take out your hurt and frustration on an innocent kid like Jungkook. It's not his fault'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'I know. Which is why I can't take care of him on my own'.

'Let me ask you something very serious'. Baekhyun said. 'Answer honestly'.

'Okay'.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol carefully as he got ready to ask his question. He had a feeling he already knew the answer, but he wanted to ask anyway'.

'Do you even want to be Jungkook's guardian? Cause if not, you should let someone else give him the love and attention he deserves'.

Chanyeol sighed. 'You'll hate me even more for this, but no I don't have the time or patience to raise a kid'.

Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol knowing that was the answer he was going to get.

'Jungkook can stay with me till you decide what you want to do. I'd honestly rather have him with me than with an abusive drunk like you'.

Baekhyun went inside and shut the door behind him. He stood by the window and watched Chanyeol as he waited for the boys to get home. 

Chanyeol left and made his way back home. Baekhyun did feel bad for Chanyeol losing his husband. But he felt he was making the right decision about protecting Jungkook from him. 


* Two months later *


Baekhyun had finished giving Jungkook and Taehyung their afternoon snacks and sent them off to play. He told them to be careful if they went outside to play.

He watched at Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and took him to his room.

Baekhyun fed and changed BamBam then gave him to his mom to watch him so he could do chores around the house.

Baekhyun put the dishes away then made his way to the living room and started picking up toys and wiping down the coffee table. 

As he went to put the toys in the boys' room, he felt arms wrap around his waist. Baekhyun jumped and dropped the toys he was holding. He turned around and slapped the person behind him, thinking Chanyeol had broken into the house and was drunk and trying to seduce him.

The person backed away grabbing their face. Baekhyun got ready to hit them again and grab the kids when he realised who the person was and suddenly regretted what he did.