A little bit of happiness

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

'Dae?' Baekhyun asked as he watched the person in front of him still holding their face. 

'I knew you were upset, but I didn't expect that greeting'. Daehyun said as he rubbed his face.

Baekhyun smiled and shoved him. 'You know you did deserve that after what you put me through'.

Daehyun sighed and let go of his face. 'I told you I didn't do it to upset you'.

'I know. But it still hurt knowing you were gone and I couldn't help you'.

Daehyun went to put his arms around Baekhyun, but was hesitant. He knew Baekhyun was still upset and didn't know if he would hit him again.

'Why didn't you answer my calls?' Baekhyun glared at him.

'I couldn't'.

'Why?' 

'My father destroyed my phone while I was there'.

'What?' Baekhyun looked at him shocked. 'Why?'

'It's a long story'.

'We have time'. Baekhyun crossed his arms.

Daehyun sighed. 'Can we talk about it later? I just got home. I'm dirty and tired, and I just want to spend time with you and the boys'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'The boys will be happy to see you. But...'

'But what?' Daehyun asked. 'Are the boys okay?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'The boys are fine. But there's something I need to talk to you about. It's one of the reasons I tried to call you'.

'What is it?' Daehyun asked as he held Baekhyun's hand.

'Well...'

'Eomma'. Baekhyun stopped and turned to the voice calling for him.

'What is it, sweetie?' Baekhyun asked as he saw Jungkook walk over to him.

He noticed Jungkook kept his distance from Daehyun and looked at him carefully.

Baekhyun grabbed Jungkook's hand when he reached him and looked at him.

'I just came to get a drink'. Jungkook said.

'Okay. Does Taehyung want one too?'

'Yes'.

Baekhyun smiled and went to the kitchen and grabbed  drinks for Jungkook and Taehyung.

While Baekhyun was gone, Daehyun looked at Jungkook and smiled at him. 'Who are you?'

'Jungkook'. He said as he kept his distance from Daehyun.

'Are you one of Taehyung's friends'. Daehyun asked.

Jungkook nodded as Baekhyun came back in the room and gave Jungkook drinks from him and Taehyung. He noticed Jungkook was still unsure about Daehyun and tried to reassure him that Daehyun wouldn't hurt him.

'Jungkook, this is my husband. Remember I was telling you about him?'  

Jungkook nodded. 'Yes, but why did you hit him?'

Baekhyun's eyes got wide. 'You saw that?'

Jungkook nodded again.

Baekhyun sighed and hugged Jungkook. 'It was an accident. He scared me and I hit him not realizing who he was'. Baekhyun smiled. 'But I promise everything is fine. Go back and play with Taehyung'.

'Okay, eomma. I love you'.

'I love you too, sweetie'.

Baekhyun watched Jungkook as he made his way back to Taehyung's room then he turned back to Daehyun.

Daehyun was standing there in shock at what he just saw. He looked at Baekhyun and tried to figure out what was going on.

'Okay, I know I was gone for a few months, but when did you have another kid? And who's the father?'

Baekhyun smiled. 'This is what I tried to call you about'.

'What is going on?'

'Come here'. Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and took him to their room. He shut and locked the door behind him, not wanting anymore interruptions.

'Look, Dae, this is complicated and I hope you understand I did what I had to do'.

Daehyun crossed his arms. 'What happened while I was gone?'

'I didn't cheat on you if you think that's what happened. Obviously Jungkook is not biologically ours. He's around Taehyung's age'.

'I noticed. Whose is he?'

'He's ours, now'.

Daehyun shook his head in confusion and looked at Baekhyun carefully.

'What? Baek, you need to start from the beginning because none of this is making sense to me'.

Baekhyun sat down on the bed and pulled Daehyun next to him.

'Jungkook and his step father moved in next door not long after you left. Taehyung and Jungkook hit it off right away, but there were some problems with his step father'.

'What problems?'

'Like the fact he drank and abused Jungkook'.

'What? How could he?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I'm still asking myself that every day. I can't imagine taking out my frustration on the boys'.

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's hand and squeezed it as Baekhyun kept talking.

'Anyway, I confronted his step father and asked if he really wanted Jungkook and he said no. So I did what I had to and moved him in here with us'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun towards him and kissed the top of his head. 'You did the right thing. I'm proud of you'.

'You're okay with having another kid?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I love the boys. And I love having a family with you no matter how many kids we have'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him. 'I missed you so much'.

'I missed you too. Believe me I didn't want to leave you and the boys'.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's face and looked him in the eyes.

'Dae, I am going to make this very clear'. He said as he looked at Daehyun seriously and it made Daehyun nervous. 'Don't ever leave me and the boys again. I can't handle it anymore. If you leave, I can't guarantee that I'll be there waiting for you. Understood?'

'Yes. I understand'.

'Good. I love you, Dae, and I don't want to be separated from you anymore. It hurts too much'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's cheek. 'I did what I needed to do so I have no reason to leave again'.

'Good'.

'But is it okay if I go take a shower? Or will I be gone too long?'

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shoved Daehyun towards the bathroom. 'Go. I'll time you'. He smirked.

Daehyun grabbed a change of clothes and started to head to the bathroom.

Baekhyun got off the bed and suddenly felt Daehyun grab his wrist.

'What are you doing?'

'You don't want to be away from me, so join me'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun smiled and didn't hesitate as he followed Daehyun into the bathroom.

They got in the shower and Baekhyun helped Daehyun get cleaned up. He had a lot of dirt and sweat on him.

'Seriously, what happened for you to get so dirty?' Baekhyun asked as he scrubbed Daehyun's hair with the shampoo.

'It wasn't exactly easy to take a shower while I was on Planet Mato'.

'So what happened with your father? Are we safe now?'

Daehyun smiled and nodded. 'Yeah. We don't have to worry about him anymore'.

'Really?'

'Yeah. He has no more power over us'.

'What did you do?'

'I got the whole community together and they helped me take him down. He's locked up right now'.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun carefully. 'There's no way he can escape?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'There's guards watching him around the clock. He's not getting out'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him. Daehyun held him tight as the water ran over their bodies. 

They stayed in the shower for awhile then made their way to change clothes.

Daehyun put his arms around Baekhyun after they finished getting dressed.

'How's your face?' Baekhyun asked. 'It still looked a little red'.

Daehyun rubbed his cheek. 'Still a little sore. I didn't know you could hit that hard'.

'I'm not as weak as I look. I can defend myself when I have to'.

'Why were you so jumpy when I hugged you?'

'You scared me!'

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's arm and looked at him. 

'I've hugged you like that multiple times and never got that kind of reaction from you'.

'Dae, I didn't expect you to come home out of nowhere like that. That's all it was'.

'Are you sure?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Yeah'. 

'Why do I feel like there's more going on than you're telling me?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I'm telling you the truth'.

'Baek...Tell me'.

Baekhyun sighed and looked down at the ground.

'Okay...Jungkook's step father flirted with me while you were gone'.

'What?' Daehyun said as he clinched his fists.

'I didn't cheat on you, Dae. I would never do that. But, he did kiss me'.

'What?' Daehyun repeated.

Baekhyun tried to calm Daehyun down when he saw how angry he was getting.

'It's okay. I took care of it. I set him straight. I told him I was already taken by an amazing husband'.

Baekhyun smiled and tried to kiss Daehyun, but noticed he was still upset and pulled away from him.

'What did he say?' Daehyun asked.

'Not much after I slapped him. He was drunk. It's what he does best'.

'I hate the thought of another guy kissing you'.

'I know'. Baekhyun hugged him. 'But I only love you. You know that'.

'I'll still kill him when I see him'.

Baekhyun smiled and kissed him. 'This is one of the reasons I missed you so much. You're always protective of me and the boys'.

'Of course I am. You're all I have'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun passionately for a few minutes.

'How about we go see the boys now? You've only seen Jungkook'.

'Alright'.

Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun's hand and took him to the boys' room.


'Hey, boys'. Baekhyun said as he opened the door. 'Look who's home'.

Daehyun walked into the room and Taehyung ran to him.

'Appa!' 

Daehyun smiled and hugged him. 'Hey, son'.

'Where have you been?'

'I've been taking care of some business back home'.

'On your planet?'

Daehyun nodded but then noticed Jungkook looking at them.

'Baek, does Jungkook know about us?' Daehyun asked as he turned to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Taehyung used his powers at school trying to comfort Jungkook. Then I showed him my powers. I sat him down and told him about Planet Mato and EXO Planet after he came to live with us. He's even seen BamBam's powers'.

'And you're okay with that?' Daehyun asked Jungkook.

'I think it's cool. I like being a part of this family'.

Daehyun smiled. 'We're glad to have you'.

Daehyun went to hug Jungkook. Jungkook hesitated at first, but realized Daehyun wasn't Chanyeol. He was his father now. He didn't hurt Taehyung or BamBam.

Jungkook made his way to Daehyun and hugged him.

Baekhyun smiled seeing their family together again.

Taehyung went over to Jungkook and hugged him from behind. Then grabbed his hand when Daehyun and Jungkook seperated from their hug.

'We'll I'm glad you're okay with being in our family, Jungkook. Because I have some big news. I was going to save it for later, but I guess I'll tell you now'.

'What is it?' Baekhyun asked.

'Well, since my father is behind bars now, I have been given his job by the community'.

Baekhyun couldn't believe what he was hearing. 'What? You're taking a job on Planet Mato?'

'Baek, we can go back to Planet Mato. I'll be in charge instead of him. I thought you'd be happy about this'.

Baekhyun bit his lip. 'I don't know Dae. I'd rather go back to EXO Planet'.

'Well, that's the best part. After I put my father behind bars, I made amends with EXO Planet. We are no longer banned from going there'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'Are you serious?'

Daehyun nodded. 'We can go back to either planet'.

'Whose going to take the job on Planet Mato if you come with us to EXO Planet?'

'My friend, Youngjae. We decided to run it together. So he can look after things while I'm with you on EXO Planet'.

'I can't believe this. We can go back home'.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him and kissed him.

'We can leave whenever you want'.

'Let's go right away'.

'How about in the morning?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'Deal. Why would you keep this news from us?'

'I just wanted to spend time with you and the boys before heading back'.

'We'll have plenty of time when we get back home'. Baekhyun kissed him again and left the room to start packing.

Daehyun went over to Taehyung and Jungkook.

'Are you excited to go back home, Tae?'

Taehyung nodded. 'I can use my powers again. And not just around you and eomma'.

'You'll be able to use them all you want'. Daehyun smiled.

'Jungkook likes when I use my powers, but eomma won't let me use them much here'.

'You have to be careful around humans, Tae. They'll get scared by your powers since it's not normal to them'.

'I know, but now it won't matter when we leave'.

Daehyun nodded and looked over at Jungkook. 'I know you haven't been part of the family for very long, so I know this will be a huge change for you, but you'll like EXO Planet. It's a pretty laid back place'.

Jungkook looked down at him lap. 'But, I don't have powers like Taehyung or eomma'.

'Don't worry'. Daehyun put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. 'I don't have powers either'.

'You don't?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'I'm from Planet Mato. The people there don't have powers. So you will be fine. I lived on EXO Planet with no problems'.

'I still want to have powers'.

'It would be nice. But you don't need them. I promise'.

'Okay'.

Daehyun took the boys to Baekhyun who was already packing their bags. Daehyun looked back over at Taehyung and Jungkook and noticed how much hugging and holding hands they were doing. Daehyun ignored it and started asking himself how Jungkook would do on EXO Planet or Planet Mato. A human had never been to either planet before.