Sibling rivalry

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

Taehyung still wasn't thrilled about the new addition to the family. Baekhyun and Daehyun had brought Bambam home from the hospital a couple days later. Baekhyun had Daehyun help him decorate their third bedroom into Bambam's room, which was right next to Taehyung's.

Baekhyun sat on the couch and started feeding Bambam so he could put him down for his nap.

Daehyun went to his and Baekhyun's room and started digging in the closet.

Taehyung didn't want to be around his new brother, so he stood outside his parents room and watched Daehyun dig in their closet.

'Appa, what are you doing?'

Daehyun heard Taehyung's voice. 'I'm searching for something to give to your brother'.

Taehyung sighed, everything was about his new brother. He was wondering why his parents were giving all their attention to Bambam.

'Here it is'. Daehyun exclaimed when he found what he had been searching for.

Taehyung stood in his spot in the doorway and kept looking in the room. He saw Daehyun shut the door to the closet and walk towards him. He looked at the thing in his father's hands and recognized it immediately.

Daehyun walked past Taehyung, but was suddenly stopped and almost lost his balance. He looked over and saw Taehyung had a hold of the item in his hands.

'That's mine!' Taehyung yelled as he tried to grab the bear from Daehyun.

Daehyun tried to get the bear back from his son. 'You don't even use this anymore'.

'It's still mine'. Taehyung pulled as hard as he could. 

'Let go of the bear son'.

'No!' Taehyung managed to get the bear away from Daehyun and ran to his room carrying it safely in his arms. 

Daehyun heard Taehyung's door shut behind him.

 

Baekhyun heard shouting and doors slamming. He got up from the couch and found Daehyun in the hallway.

'What's going on?' Baekhyun asked as he rocked Bambam in his arms.

Daehyun sighed. 'Taehyung didn't like the idea of me trying to give his bear to Bambam'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'What bear?'

'The bear'. Daehyun looked at his husband, trying to get him to read his mind. 'The one you got from the doctor to get him to stop being so clingy'. Daehyun said when Baekhyun still didn't know what he was talking about.

Baekhyun suddenly remembered. 'Oh that bear. I didn't know we still had it'.

Daehyun nodded. 'I brought it with me when I came to find you'.

'Why would he care if you gave it to Bambam?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't know, but he locked himself in his room with it'.

Baekhyun put his free hand on Daehyun's arm. 'Maybe Bambam won't need the bear. But it's great you were thinking about it'.

Baekhyun smiled and took Bambam to his room. He layed him in his crib and left the room.

Baekhyun went back to the hallway and grabbed Daehyun's hand. He pulled him into their room.

 

'Let's enjoy what little peace and quiet we have'. Baekhyun said as he layed down on the bed. Daehyun layed next to him.

Baekhyun could see how tired and frustrated Daehyun was. He hated seeing Daehyun so upset. He was hoping Taehyung had gotten better about being around Daehyun, but he still needed work.

Baekhyun reached over and rubbed his hand on Daehyun's cheek. 'Are you ok?'

Daehyun smiled and kissed Baekhyun's hand. 'I will be. I just want to be able to help you with the kids'.

Baekhyun got closer to him and layed his head on his chest. 'I know. You're doing what you can. You're a great husband and a great father. Don't let Taehyung get to you'.

'You think he'll ever come around?'

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. 'He's slowly coming around. He's making some progress. Don't give up'. Baekhyun smiled and kissed Daehyun.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun closer to him and started to get on top of him. As Baekhyun layed on his back, they got interrupted by Bambam crying.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I'll be right back'. He kissed Daehyun quickly and got off the bed.

Baekhyun went into Bambam's room and picked him up. Bambam started calming down once Baekhyun held him.

 

Baekhyun left Bambam's room and went to Taehyung's room. He opened the door and saw Taehyung laying on his bed holding the bear.

Baekhyun went over to him. 'Tae baby, eomma needs that bear'.

Taehyung glared at Baekhyun and pulled the bear closer to him.

Baekhyun put his hand on his hip. 'Jung Taehyung, I'm not going to ask you again. Give me the bear!'

Taehyung didn't move. 'It's my bear! He can't have it'.

'He won't hurt it'. Baekhyun said as he stared at Taehyung. 'Hand it over'.

Baekhyun held out his hand. Taehyung was not about to let his precious bear go.

'Taehyung, I'm not in the mood for this'. Baekhyun started glaring at him. 'If you don't give me that bear, then you will be grounded. No tv, no video games, nothing but you and these walls'.

Taehyung sighed and handed the bear to Baekhyun.

'Good choice'. Baekhyun said as he took the bear and left the room.

He took Bambam back to his room and layed him in the crib. He gave him the bear and went back to Daehyun.

Baekhyun curled up next to Daehyun and started falling asleep. Daehyun held him in his arms and kissed the top of his head.

 

During the night, Taehyung got out of bed and snuck into his parents room. His parents were sound asleep. He stood at the end of the bed trying to find a way to get on it. He raised the sheets and started crawling underneath them.

Baekhyun started to feel something tickling him. He groaned and raised his head. 'Not now Dae'. He said half asleep.

Daehyun heard Baekhyun's voice and looked over at him. 'What are you talking about? That's not me'.

Baekhyun's eyes snapped open and he turned the lights on. He looked down at the bed and saw the blankets moving. 

Baekhyun pulled the blankets back and was met with Taehyung's smiling face.

'Hi!' Taehyung exclaimed.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'What are you doing in here?'

'I...had a nightmare...' Taehyung pouted. 'Can I sleep in here?'

Baekhyun looked over at Daehyun.

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't care. I have to go to work tomorrow, so I need some sleep'.

Baekhyun sighed and pulled Taehyung in his arms. He turned the lights off and tried to go back to sleep.

Taehyung cuddled up against Baekhyun. He enjoyed feeling the warmth from Baekhyun. It relaxed him and he fell right sleep.

 

Daehyun left for work in the morning. Baekhyun was trying to feed the boys so he could start doing things around the house.

After the boys were fed, Baekhyun's phone started ringing. He picked it up and saw his mom was calling him.

Baekhyun looked at Taehyung. 'Watch your brother while I answer the phone'.

Taehyung nodded and smiled at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun eyed him suspiciously, but went to his room to answer the phone.

 

Taehyung looked at Bambam who was laying in his bouncing seat. He didn't want to be stuck alone with him.

Bambam looked at Taehyung as he on his fist.

Taehyung saw Bambam had a hold of his bear. Taehyung reached over and tried to take it from him.

Bambam started to cry, but Taehyung gave the bear back so Baekhyun wouldn't hear him and come back in the room.

 

'Ok, eomma. I'll talk to you later'. Baekhyun said as he hung up the phone. He left his bedroom and went back to the living room. But when he got there, the living room was empty.

Baekhyun started getting scared. He started searching the whole house for the boys but couldn't find them. He went back to the living room and saw the front door was cracked open.

Baekhyun ran out of the house and looked down the street. In the distance, he saw Taehyung dragging a box behind him.

 

Taehyung was trying to pull the box down the sidewalk. He was almost to the end of the sidewalk when he felt the box get stuck. He turned around and tried to get a better grip on the box. When he did, he came face to face with Baekhyun.

Taehyung's eyes got wide and he let go of the box.

Baekhyun put his hands on his hips. 'What are you doing out here?'

Taehyung looked at him innocently. 'Playing...'

'Why is your brother inside the box?'

'He wanted to go on a trip'.

Baekhyun glared at him. He pulled Bambam out of the box and grabbed Taehyung's ear with his free hand.

'Oww!' Taehyung screamed in pain as Baekhyun pulled him back inside the house.

 

Baekhyun put a chair in the corner and let go of Taehyung.

'Sit!' Baekhyun demanded.

Taehyung sighed and sat in the chair and faced the wall. 'Don't move'. Baekhyun said. 

'How long do I have to stay here?'

'Till I say you can leave'.

Baekhyun started to walk away.

'Stupid Bambam getting me in trouble...' Taehyung mumbled.

'Be quiet!' Baekhyun said.

Taehyung crossed his arms and pouted.

 

Daehyun came home from work a couple hours later. He saw Baekhyun in the kitchen cooking dinner. Bambam was in his bouncing chair. Daehyun looked around and saw Taehyung sitting in the corner.

'Why is Taehyung over there?' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun.

'Our son thought it would be a good idea to ship his little brother on a trip'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun shocked. 'What?'

Baekhyun shrugged. 'Taehyung has been a handful since Bambam showed up'.

'You think he's jealous?' Daehyun asked.

'Could be'. Baekhyun said. 'I'm trying to spend time with both of them. It's not easy'.

'I know babe'. Daehyun pulled Baekhyun to him and kissed his cheek.

'I hate to add more to this, but I lost my job'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun dropped the knife he was holding and stared at Daehyun. 'What?'