From A Thought

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

It had been two weeks – two weeks since Jun Hyung and Hara announced that they were together as a couple. The photos were revealed by CUBE themselves. The response wasn’t too great but both groups were not affected greatly. Now people had come to terms that Jun Hyung and Hara were an item and nothing could change that fact.

 

I was alone in the dance room today since the rest were busy with their schedule. I my laptop and started surfing the net while sitting down on the floor. I randomly surfed some of our articles when I came across one: Jun Hyung and Hyuna became distant after Jun Hyung and Hara are together?

 

I gulped. Sometimes, you could not underestimate the power of the fans’ eyes. They could catch things easily even if we tried to deny everything. Many believe there was something going on with Jun Hyung and Hyuna. And now, people caught on their distant relationship after the announcement. I exited the window and played some videos instead. I went on from our own music video of “Soom” to A Pink’s “I Don’t Know” and then to Hyuna’s “Change”.

 

It featured Jun Hyung as the rapper for her solo single and they were very y. I remembered how they actually got close during the recording of the song and the filming of the music video. Although Hyuna was a sunbaenim to Jun Hyung, Jun Hyung gave her many advices to portray the image she had to portray. My mouth was wide open when I watched the video as my heart was pounding quickly.

 

“Hyun Seung!” Someone scared me back smacking hardly on my back.

 

I panicked my slamming my laptop down and turned off the music quickly. I turned around to find Hyuna smiling at me. She raised an eyebrow when I was in a mess trying to hide the video from her, “What was that you’re watching?”

 

“It’s nothing. Just some videos of BEAST.” I tried to remain my cool. I did not want her to find out I was watching her video secretly.

 

Hyuna was not fully convinced, “Are you watching… dirty stuff?!”

 

“What? Of course not! Is that how you judge me?” I waved my hands back and forth and tried to get her away from the laptop.

 

She pushed me away and argued, “Let me see what you were watching a moment ago!”

 

“No! No! Hyuna!” My face blushed as I could not imagine what would happen if she knew I was watching her videos.

 

She reached out for my laptop, hoping to open the laptop cover but I held her hands. She was very strong and determined. She kept laughing when she noticed my frightened expression. Out of desperation, I back hugged her and locked her arms under my grip. However, she managed to pull her hands out and opened the laptop cover. She turned it on within a flash to reveal her “Change” music video on my screen.

 

To my surprise, she watched the video and laughed, “Oh you were just watching my video!”

 

I stayed silent. She was asking for my response but I did not answer. “Hyun Seung-ah…” She trailed off as she turned around to look at me.

 

I could feel her breath on my face as we were just inches away from each other. If she had come closer just a little bit more, our lips would have unintentionally touched. Both of us did not back away from the small gap we had. I was still back hugging her and her eyes met mine. Her sparkling brown eyes were beautiful and mesmerising. It was as if time had momentarily stopped for us.

 

“Hyuna, do you know how beautiful you are?” I suddenly spout my true feelings out.

 

Hyuna was still speechless as her eyes shifted her attention to my lips. My heart was beating quickly. Suddenly, Hyuna’s phone rang and it startled the both of us. I let go of her for her to check her phone. I cleared my throat uneasily and smacked my head quietly. What was I thinking to have said such things just now?

 

“It’s just a text message.” Hyuna commented. She was also uncomfortable right now. I hoped she did not hear what I have just told her. She pointed at the laptop and said, “This music video… I have changed a lot from that era, haven’t I?”

 

She gave a nervous laughter and stated. I turned and looked at the laptop screen. She had brown hair with bangs. And then, Jun Hyung appeared on the screen and my automatic reaction was to turn and look at Hyuna’s reaction. She was expressionless. This time, I could not tell what she was thinking. Had she forgotten about Jun Hyung? If she had, should I be happy?

 

She smiled as if she could tell my concern for her, “Don’t worry. I have gotten over it.” She suddenly confessed, “During this period of time, Jun Hyung really took care of me. I was alone as a solo artiste, being frightened of being on stage alone. However, Jun Hyung told me this, ‘Hyuna, don’t be scared. You’re not alone on stage. I am here right behind your back when you need me.’”

 

Hyuna tilted her head and smirked, “Can you believe I actually fell in love with him just what he said during the collaboration we had together? We had just collaborated for a month or so and he just came over and grabbed my heart like that.”

 

Hyuna fell in love with him during their collaboration together. And it had only been one month of promotion of “Change”. I said to her, “Jun Hyung. I used to envy him.”

 

“Why?” Hyuna was interested.

 

“He had such a nice girl by his side. You were by his side all the time.” I stated as a matter of fact.

 

“But you said ‘used to’…”

 

“That’s true. Because he does not know how to cherish you, he lost you. Therefore, I no longer envy him.” I gazed at her lovingly and smiled. I was that close to reaching out for her cheek and it but I held it in.

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

I did not know whether it was just me or Hyun Seung seemed more suave and charismatic than usual. He was different. After I got to talk to him more often, I found out behind this whole image of the 4D personality, he was actually a very sweet and down to earth person. He never failed to speak his mind and he made me feel so much better about myself.

 

If only I was in love with him instead of stinky Jun Hyung, I thought to myself.

 

I stared at Hyun Seung. I tilted my head and tried to visualise myself with him. However, I could not. I could not imagine myself being more than friends with him. It was strange. Jun Hyung kept running through my head repeatedly and heart pricked again.

 

What if… I was in love with Hyun Seung instead? What if the person in the music video was Hyun Seung instead of Jun Hyung?

 

Things would change a whole lot more right now. I would have gotten closer to Hyun Seung and Jun Hyung would not have the chance to hurt me like that. Perhaps, I would fall in love with Hyun Seung and he would treat me better.

 

Suddenly, a stupid thought flashed across my mind when I was watching the music video that Jun Hyung and I was in. I paused the music video on his laptop. It surprised Hyun Seung when I did that as the dance room was in complete silence now. I breathed in deeply and spoke again.

 

“Hyun Seung.”

 

He looked up to me.

 

“Should we do collaboration together?”