Your Plan

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyuna’s POV

 

What did just happen?

 

This was not in the plan.

 

Hyun Seung had his lips on mine and I could feel my whole body was in a different dimension and a chill went down my spine. How was I supposed to react to that? Hyun Seung, what had you done?

 

I clenched my fists tightly but I could not do anything. Suddenly, Hyun Seung looked at me deeply with his seductive and charismatic eyes. My heart melted after seeing that. Without a regard, I deepened the kiss and went along with him.

 

He parted the kiss to finish off the choreography. I was separated from him to finish off the dance and my mind was in a whirl. However, I knew I had to finish the performance flawlessly before I could ask him questions.

 

The last part of the performance.

 

I ran and jumped on Hyun Seung before he turned me around and hugged me. I could feel his head on my chest and his uneven panting on my skin. The lights went off as he placed me down to go downstairs and finish his performance with BEAST. Before he left, he grabbed my wrist and whispered in my ear, “Is that good enough for you to make you stay?”

 

I was speechless. Was that his plan all along?

 

Without waiting for my answer, he went downstairs and disappeared through the curtains.

 

I touched my lips gently and stood there as if time had stopped.

 

-

 

The whole performance ended and BEAST members came backstage to meet up with me. I scanned around and scrutinised their facial expressions to see their reactions towards the kiss. I shut my eyes tight – their faces did not look too positive. I sat down on the couch and covered my face with my hands.

 

“Hyun Seung. Hyuna. Can someone explain to me what happened right there?” Doo Joon was the first to start the conversation.

 

Honestly, I had no idea. Hyun Seung stood in front of me and folded his arms, “It was all my idea. Hyuna had no idea about the real kiss.”

 

“What?” Doo Joon exclaimed after knowing the truth. He scooted over to sit beside me, “Hyuna, you had no idea? Then wha-“

 

Suddenly, heavy footsteps were heard from afar. I did not have to lift my head to know who was coming. “Hyun Seung! Hyuna!” The person yelled at the top of his voice, “What was that all about?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Hyun Seung bowed to the choreographer, “I just want to prove a point.”

 

Hyun Seung turned to look at me to show that the phrase was meant to direct at me. I got it – I wanted him to tell me his true feelings and I wanted him to convince me to stay. However, that reckless decision did not make things easier for us. I was flustered. I was flabbergasted.

 

“I don’t understand what do you mean by that but I know it will just prove one single point,” The choreographer shook his head and pointed at the both of us, “It will just prove that you two are trying to get attention and get people to take note of your promotions for ‘Troublemaker’… in a bad light. You two are going to get more anti-fans now.”

 

I sighed and leaned back on the couch, totally defeated. I was frightened of that. The choreographer did not let it rest, “Wait till your CEO sees this. He won’t be happy about it. I’m going off.”

 

The six members of BEAST were still arguing about their views on the kiss Hyun Seung and I just had. I took a peek at Jun Hyung who still had his shades on. I could not see his eyes but I felt bad for some reasons. Jun Hyung was about to take a step towards me but I left the place quickly.

 

“Hyuna! Hyuna!”

 

I tried to ignore the voice but he was walking way faster than me. Sensing that he was just right behind me, I turned around swiftly and slapped him across his face. He cupped his left cheek in shock and choked, “Hyuna…”

 

“Are you crazy? Why would you do that?” I hissed angrily, not wanting to create a commotion backstage.

 

Hyun Seung dropped his hand and I saw his cheek was swollen red. I wanted so much to go over and rub his cheek and apologise but I resisted the temptation to do so. He remained his cool and said, “I want you to stay. I want you to see my feelings for you.”

 

“That’s not the way to do it, Hyun Seung!” I retorted. Sometimes, I could not help but be annoyed at his way of thinking. “Have you thought about the consequences? Have you ever pondered what would happen after this?” I asked him back.

 

He remained silent.

 

I pursed my lips to control my tears, “Do you know why I used to like Jun Hyung?”

 

Hyun Seung looked up after hearing Jun Hyung’s name.

 

“I like guys who are rational, Hyun Seung. Are you rational? Are you? You’re just being reckless, you idiot!” I felt my heart was stabbed after saying that. Hyun Seung might be reckless this time but it could never compete with the sweetness and love that he had showered on me. I just wanted him to learn his lesson.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyuna.” He lowered his head again, expressionless.

 

“Forget it.” I opened the door to my waiting room and slammed it.

 

-

 

Hyun Seung

Hyuna, I’m sorry. Please don’t get mad. You’ll get gastric aches when you’re in a foul mood.

 

Even then, he was still concerned about my health. How could I even be mad at him for long?

 

“Hyun Seung, you’re really confusing my mind. You’re an idiot. You’re an idiot for confusing my mind and heart like this.” I lied on my bed with my phone in my hands, fiddling it and scrolling through Hyun Seung’s endless apologies in my inbox.

 

Again, as if it was turning into a habit, I wrote down my feelings again.

 

Infuriated. Baffled. Tingling. Hyun Seung, why did you do that? Why?

 

(clog) (clog)

 

I sat up immediately after hearing some weird sounds echoing in my very silent room. I swore I could even hear a pin drop.

 

(clog) (clog)

 

I heard it again and this time I was sure my ears were not playing tricks on me. I tried to track where the sounds come from. I landed myself at my hotel room’s front door and pressed my right ear against the door. It was definitely coming from outside. I peeped through the door hole and found out it was him walking to and fro outside my room.

 

I breathed in deeply and control my facial expressions. Without smiling, I opened the door. He looked surprised when I did and I folded my arms to show my frustrations, “I can’t fall asleep when you’re making so much noise outside my room.”

 

He stayed still and stopped moving, “What? You can hear me from inside?” He scratched his head and stuck out his tongue adorably.

 

I pursed my lips to stop myself from smiling at his cuteness. I continued to speak, “And your texts are also preventing me from sleeping.”

 

“Really? Ah, I’m s-“

 

“Don’t!” I raised my hand to his face’ level, “Don’t apologise, again. I don’t want to hear you apologise anymore.”

 

“Are you… still mad at me?” Hyun Seung was careful with his words. He was too careful because I had already put aside my anger. However, I was not going to let it rest like this.

 

“I’m not mad…” I looked up unknowingly, trying to avoid his eyes. I could see the corners of his lips turned upwards but I interrupted and held his shoulder, “Only if you sneak out with me right now.”