Sealed

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

Witnessing my crazy side, Hyuna just listened. I smirked and looked away, embarrassed, “Am I worse than a saesang fan? Being so obsessed with your every movement, not knowing whether one day you will realise how much I really care for you.”

 

Oddly enough, Hyuna placed her can of coffee against my cheek and I was taken aback. However, I did not move. Hyuna asked, “How does it feel like?”

 

“Warm?”

 

“That’s right,” Hyuna beamed and continued, “My heart feels like this when you care about me. You’re not obsessed. Thanks to you, I finally know the definition of love. I don’t think it’s ever possible for any girl to be this fortunate to be showered with so much love.”

 

 “Hyuna…”

 

Hyuna took the coffee can away and placed her head on my shoulder and locked arms with me, “Hyun Seung, the only thing I regret about you is realising your love so late.”

 

“Don’t be,” I replied, “I never imagined a day when I am able to feel your head leaning on my shoulder.”

 

The sky was absolutely clear and the weather was perfect. The scenery made up for the slight noise from the streets. The sparkling lights totally reflected the celebrations of Christmas and people were just enjoying themselves.

 

Hyuna suddenly placed her hand out. I looked down at her hand and grabbed it immediately. Surprisingly, she flung her hand out from my grip and held it out again. I asked her, “What is it?”

 

“Where’s my gift?”

 

“Gift?”

 

“It’s Christmas soon! Besides, our goodbye stage is after Christmas. Where’s my present?” Although I could not see her expression from my view, I imagined her to be pouting cutely like a little girl who had not grown up.

 

My face soured after hearing the word ‘goodbye’. Of course, it was not a bad goodbye but bidding farewells were not the best thing you could ever do. Hyuna noticed my expression and knocked me lightly on the shoulder to shoulder. I gave her a smile and said, “Goodbye stage… I don’t want all of these to end.”

 

 “Me too,” Hyuna commented.

 

Then, there was a moment of silence.

 

An uncomfortable silence.

 

“Hyun Seung,” She called my name but looked out at the front, “What will happen to us when we go back to Seoul? I’m really frightened everything will end – just like our ‘Trouble Maker’ promotions.”

 

“At first, the reason for collaboration was selfish, I admit. Right now, I feel that the collaboration is the best decision I have ever made. It made me realise what I have been missing – you.”

 

Hearing her true words, I wanted to go and reach out for her hand when she flinched away quickly. I was taken aback when she put her hand out for me and tilted her head. She appeared to change the subject and asked, “Where’s my present?”

 

She batted her eyelids and demanded again.

 

I smelt her hair which was heavenly and answered, “That’s a little too sudden. I did not prepare anything!”

 

She sat up and frowned, “What? How can you not prepare any present for your girlfriend?”

 

“Are you being demanding now since you’re my girlfriend?” I smiled a little from the word ‘girlfriend’. I still could not believe this amazing girl standing in front of me was actually mine. “I’ve already given you tons of things!” I whined.

 

“No. No. Christmas is different!” She shook her head.

 

Then, I thought of something and pulled her up. She chuckled and asked impatiently, “Why are we standing up?”

 

“I’m giving you your present now!” I answered playfully.

 

Hyuna rolled her eyes, “Right…”

 

I stood behind her and waited for the right moment. And then, just like in our performance, I started whistling the tune to ‘Trouble Maker’. After she recognised the song, she started laughing but continued to stay in place.

 

I started the dancing and sang without the background music. I could not believe our last stage was coming very soon. It felt like our story began and progressed since the start of our promotions.

 

Would our relationship last for a long time or would it end right after we ended our promotions?

 

When I look into your eyes, I'm a Trouble Maker
When I stand next to you, I'm a Trouble Maker
Little by little, more more more
As we go on, more more more
Now I can't help my heart either

 

Hyuna tried to control her laughter as she folded her arms. Seeing her slightly tensed, I took both of her arms and swayed my body to dance around her playfully. It was nothing like the performance on stage since it was a stage especially for us.

 

I'll keep being in front of you so you can't forget me
I'll keep shaking your heart so you can't escape me
I will steal your lips and run far away

 

Just like the real choreography, I held out her arm straight and did the famous part of the dance. I slid my lips near to her skin, from her hand all the way to her shoulder, and finally reaching to her face. Unlike before, this time I gave her a quick kiss on her lips and smirked.

 

She seemed surprised by my sudden action and froze in place. With my face just inches away from hers, I never stepped away after the kiss.

 

At that moment, I knew that ending our promotions would never do harm to our beautiful relationship when we were still standing right here, strong as always. We were as unbreakable as a brick wall, nothing could ever break us apart.

 

I'm a Tro a a albe - Trouble, Trou, Trouble Maker

 

Singing the last line of the chorus, we stared into each other’s eyes and gazed for a long time. I asked her, “How’s my Christmas present for you?”

 

“What kind of present is this?” She whispered.

 

“A really special one…” I answered simply. It was our second kiss after the MAMA performance. Technically, it was our first official kiss since the previous one was not at all pleasant for Hyuna.

 

I intertwined my fingers with hers, trying to assure her that things were going to be okay, “Now our relationship is sealed with a kiss.”

 

With much deliberation, I felt Hyuna coming closer and closer. Feeling her inconsistent breathing on my skin, I pressed my lips against hers and closed my eyes. I could tell that she was also deliberating.

 

Who knew a y kitten like Hyuna would tremble before kissing a guy?

 

She released her straightened arm and enveloped it around my neck. I moved my hands around her waist and tightened the hug.

 

Just like a few tentative steps, my wish came true.

 

From a secret crush to a boyfriend to every guy’s dream girl.

 

And I would never want to take another step backwards.