Thank You

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyuna’s POV

 

Why was my heart beating so fast?

 

I felt like a transformation had been made.

 

Why hadn’t I seen Hyun Seung in this perspective before?

 

Before everything had happened, Hyun Seung was just another member of BEAST in my eyes.

 

Right now, he was much more than that.

 

He was the one who picked me up when I fell. He was the one who lent me a shoulder when I was at my lowest. He was the one who brightened up my life when it was the dullest. He was the one who… made me fell in love again when I thought all was lost.

 

We were just frozen in place when he grabbed my hand to get the tissue to wipe his mouth. I stuttered but I was going to say it anyway. I needed him to know how I feel, “Hyun Seung… Do you think maybe we… Maybe we can…”

 

Out of nowhere, Hyun Seung’s phone rang and I took my hand back immediately. That totally surprised me. Hyun Seung was equally shocked by the sound of his ringtone and picked up his phone to answer it.

 

“Hello?” Hyun Seung cleared his throat and answered it.

 

I stayed back in my seat and waited for him to finish his call. What great timing. I shut my eyes tight and slapped my face lightly to wake myself up.

 

“Yes, she’s with me,” Hyun Seung gave a quick look at me and ended the call; “We’ll be back soon.”

 

I raised my eyebrow. Hyun Seung stood up and motioned me to do the same, “It’s time for our dance rehearsals. Let’s go, Trouble Maker.”

 

I laughed when he called me that. I pouted at him and whined, “I’m tired after playing go-between. Help me get up from the chair.”

 

He sighed and offered his hand. I took it firmly and never let it go. It pleased him a little, I could tell. I held it tightly again and , “Don’t you dare think of letting my hand go.”

 

He frowned, “I’ll squeeze your hand so tight that your bones will break.”

 

I smiled even more when I finally got to see him loosen up and joked with me like that, “Good. Let’s go.”

 

-

 

We were in the CEO’s office again. After being summoning here for the second time, Hyun Seung and I were not very optimistic with this. Hyun Seung gained the courage and asked, “Why did you ask us here, CEO?”

 

“Well, you know you guys have been promoting ‘Trouble Maker’ for a while now,” He reminded us and I immediately thought of the nasty deal they made together, “Well, I hope you remember the deal we had together.”

 

I bit my lips to conceal my anxiety for it. Hyun Seung was, on the other hand, calm and cool as a cucumber. It freaked me out that he was that calm about it. Hyun Seung answered, “Yes, I did not forget about it.”

 

“Well, it’s good that you remember.” The CEO stood up and walked towards us. He placed his hands on our shoulders and stand in between us.

 

I shook a little when he did but he suddenly said to us, “Hyun Seung, Hyuna, congratulations!”

 

“Eh?” Hyun Seung and I said together in confusion.

 

“I got hold of news that you two have won first for ‘Music Core’!” The CEO announced proudly to us and patted our shoulders lightly, “They said the results would be revealed this Sunday and you two have won!”

 

“Really? Really? Please tell us you’re not joking!” I screamed and placed my hands over my mouth with joy and excitement.

 

“Are you hoping that I was playing a prank on you?” The CEO teased.

 

I waved my hands left to right repeatedly, “No! Of course not!” I squealed and hugged the CEO with happiness overwhelming my emotions, “Thank you, CEO! Thank you, CEO!”

 

“It’s not my effort at all. You two have put in effort in the collaboration. I should thank you two instead.” He said.

 

I continued screaming and hugged Hyun Seung while jumping up and down. Hyun Seung smiled at me and hugged back timidly since we were in front of the CEO.

 

We left the room and closed the door behind us. I tried to calm my nerves but instead of that, I could feel my tears were filled to the brim.

 

“Why are you crying, Hyuna?” Hyun Seung was taken aback when I was laughing and crying at the same time. He slowly and tenderly wiped my tears away. His face was slightly amused and sad by my state.

 

I shook my head, “It’s just… I’m just happy that the deal is no longer valid. You don’t have to stop your activities anymore. I’m happy. I’m so happy.”

 

“You’re crying… because of me?” Hyun Seung wanted to reconfirm my point.

 

“Yes.”

 

He attempted to wipe off the last tear rolling down my cheek but he paused. Instead, he leaned closer to me and I could feel his breath on my face. I could hear the sound of my heartbeat as he went nearer. His lips touched my left cheek where my tear was. He kissed it and my tear disappeared with his touch.

 

Hyun Seung cupped my face and said, “Thank you, Hyuna. For showing me concern.”

 

“No, I should thank you.”

 

I should.

 

I should thank him for all the love and care he showered me. The concern I was showing to him was nothing compared to what he had shown to me.

 

Hyun Seung, thank you.