Don't Do This

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

“Please explain.”

 

“I’m sorry, CEO. Everything was my idea. It has nothing to do with Hyuna.” I admitted my mistake to the CEO while Hyuna was standing beside me.

 

Hyuna stepped in front and said, “Look, don’t put the blame on Hyun Seung. I’m sure he doesn’t mean it. We promise to do this well and make the consequences less serious.”

 

The CEO fiddled with his laptop and turned it so we could see the screen for ourselves. He scrolled through the fansites and websites, “Hyun Seung, don’t think I’ll go easy on you. Do you see all the hate you have been getting because of the kiss? Do you see what the both of you have done? How are you going to clean up the mess? You two screwed up even before the song is released!”

 

The CEO sighed and gave up, “I think I’m going to give up on this promotion.”

 

Hyuna leaned forward and became very defensive, “No, there must be a way to solve it. We can clean up the mess. I know this collaboration will be a success.”

 

“Based on what?”

 

“I know it. I know the both of us will succeed.” Hyuna was determined. She turned and looked at me with the loveliest eyes ever, “Based on our chemistry as a duo. Based on our confidence to make this work. Hyun Seung. And. I.”

 

I was amazed at how she said “we”. I never knew one day she could ever talk about us like that. I breathed in deeply and gave her the most comforting smile ever since we stepped into this office. I stepped forward with her and looked at the CEO, “She’s right. We will make this right. I can assure you ‘Trouble Maker’ will be a success.”

 

The CEO stood up and started walking around the room. We were baffled and stood there stiffly until he glared at us again, “Alright. Shall we have a deal?”

 

“A deal?” Hyuna and I said together.

 

“Hyun Seung, I know you’re the one who screwed up all these,” The CEO stated yet again, “I’m going to continue with the promotions… but with one single condition.”

 

Hyuna and I cheered for a moment but we remained our composure to listen to his words.

 

“’Trouble Maker’ has to be first on at least one music show during the weeks of promotion. Not second or third but first.” He said.

 

Suddenly, I felt my confidence level was threatened. I probed in further, “What if we don’t?”

 

“Then Hyun Seung and Hyuna, you’ll be suspended for any activities with BEAST and 4 Minute for three months. That means you two will not attend the United Cube concerts as well as the entire end of year events. That also means you two won’t get the share from the activities.”

 

“What? That’s…” I was about to argue but his face was stern and threatening for me to continue saying any word. I knew his word were final. I looked down at Hyuna who was feeling worried about the future. I had caused all of these troubles for her. She was totally innocent.

 

I gained the courage and negotiate with him, “CEO, this is my entire fault. Don’t bring Hyuna in this. She needs to continue activities with 4 Minute. Let me carry the burden alone.”

 

“Alright, if you decide to play hero,” The CEO nodded, “I will not touch Hyuna. This means six months of no activities for you if the song does not get first in any music show, Hyun Seung. Let me emphasise it – six months.”

 

Hyuna held my hand and glared at me, “Are you crazy, Hyun Seung? Six months is huge!”

 

I ignored her words and held out my hand to the CEO for a handshake, “Deal.”

 

“Jang Hyun Seung!” Hyuna hissed.

 

“Very good. You two can leave now.”

 

-

 

“Hyun Seung, what did you just do in there? You’re risking your career like this!” Hyuna was trying to catch up with my pace as I was walking towards my dorm building.

 

I waited for the lift to arrive and Hyuna was standing right beside me again. She did not say a word this time. The lift door opened and I went inside. She headed in the lift with me. “Hyuna, you know you’re not allowed anywhere near our dorm so please go back home.” I pleaded her and the lift reached my floor.

 

Hyuna was pretty persistent. With her strong-headedness, she followed me until I opened the door to our dorm. Before I could close the door, she rushed inside our dorm without thinking. I sighed and held her back at the front door, “Yah, Hyuna! What do you think you’re doing?”

 

I spotted my other members coming around the front door after hearing a commotion by Hyuna. Ki Kwang was curious and asked, “What is Hyuna doing here?”

 

Yo Seob sipped his drink and added, “Is any the matter? You guys are screaming and quarrelling, aren’t you?”

 

“Hyuna, go home.” I ordered her.

 

“No, I’m not going anywhere.” Hyuna gritted her teeth, “How can you risk your career like that? Six months is not a joke. Can you let your members do without you for six months? Go back to the company with me and tell the CEO that you are spouting nonsense just now and cancel the ridiculous deal! Let me be the one to strike the deal instead.”

 

By now, all the five members were watching our tiff without interrupting. I let go of her hand and was stubborn, “I’m not cancelling the deal. I promised him we would give results so I wouldn’t go on hiatus for six months.”

 

“Hiatus? What hiatus?” Doo Joon cut in and asked, “Hyun Seung, what crazy stunt did you put up again?”

 

I told them the truth and all five of them gasped. “Hyun Seung hyung, why did you make that deal? You know CEO doesn’t joke around and he would really suspend you.” Dong Woon said out of concern.

 

Hyuna pulled my collar to face her, “See, even your members don’t agree with your so-called deal. Please, Hyun Seung…”

 

“No, Hyuna. I’m not backing out!”

 

“Stop doing this to me!” Hyuna suddenly shouted at the top of her voice.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Stop being so nice to me!” Hyuna yelled again. This time, her eyes turned red and tears flowed down uncontrollably.

 

Everyone turned silent and she let go of her grip on my collar. Hyuna gritted her teeth and choked, “Stop treating me so nicely. I don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve what you have been doing for me from the start. I don’t deserve any of it. Please.”

 

With that, Hyuna ran out of the house. I stayed there motionless.

 

“Hyun Seung!”

 

I was startled by someone’s voice and turned to see who called my name.

 

“Hyun Seung,” Jun Hyung stepped forward to me and pointed at the door, “What are you doing? Chase after her! Go!”

 

I did not know what make me do it but I followed his words immediately. I dashed out of the house and found her running down the stairs. She was wiping her tears away and she missed one step and fell down.

 

“Hyuna!” I screamed and went down to check on her.

 

However, she did not stand up.

 

“Hyuna, are you alright? Get on my back! I’ll bring you to the doctor!” I grabbed her hand to lead her on my back but she rejected my help.

 

Hyuna faced away from me and she sniffed, “I said don’t be too good to me. You’re making things hard for me.” She clenched her fists and I knelt behind her helplessly. She continued crying and said, “Every little thing you do, every single thing you do makes me waver. Hyun Seung, I don’t deserve the love you’re expressing to me.”

 

With tender care, I moved over and her hair gently. I placed a soft kiss on her hair and took in the scent. I put my head against the back of her head and wrapped my arms around her to give her a back hug. She did not reject my hug. Instead, she cried even more and gripped on my arms with both of her hands tightly.

 

I never wanted to let go.

 

No one was there to break this moment.

 

All I wanted to say to her was – Hyuna, you deserve my love. You will always deserve my love for you.

-

 

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, I have started on a new fanfic starring BEAST and 4 Minute members again! Check out this link to see who they are. ;)