Please Notice Me

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyuna’s POV

 

There was no smile on my face. I knew I should not be acting this way since Hyun Seung was trying his best to make me happy but the images of Jun Hyung and Hara walking down the streets kept boggling in my mind. It couldn’t go away.

 

“I can’t believe all the stores are closed! It’s only 11pm!” Hyun Seung complained and folded his arms.

 

Suddenly, he went into a convenience store and told me to wait outside for him. I agreed nonchalantly as he went inside and rushed out again with a bag in his hand. “What’s inside?” I asked him curiously. He shushed me to say that it was a secret and pleaded me to follow him.

 

“Ah, luckily this store is still open!” Hyun Seung cheered happily and asked me to go into the store. It was a little food stall just beside the road. It had been a long time since I ate roadside food. The company was making me eat healthy food to maintain my figure but my favourite food would still be these roadside food. However, I couldn’t do this.

 

“Hyun Seung, I can’t eat here… It’s too…” I struggled with the words because I didn’t want to hurt his feelings but he shook his head.

 

Hyun Seung smiled and said, “Don’t worry. I know you’re on a strict diet. We’re not eating meat, definitely not late at night.”

 

I was relieved but again, he made me curious. I asked again, “Then why…?”

 

“Two bowls of seaweed soups, please!” Hyun Seung raised his hand up high and ordered cheerfully.

 

Seaweed soup? I tilted my head to show my confusion and pondered.

 

Hyun Seung smiled with his teeth shown and sighed, “Hyuna, it’s your birthday! Seaweed soup is a must. How can you miss that?”

 

The seaweed soup came soon after and the smell was fragrant. My lips curved upwards when I saw the soup. I took a spoon and drank the soup heartily. “My mum always cooks seaweed soup for me on my birthdays. It’s compulsory. I will always have seaweed soup on the table for every person’s birthday I celebrate for.” Hyun Seung explained.

 

I peeked through my hair at him. His eyelashes were very long for a guy and his hair was slightly long and his black roots were showing. He looked tired with his eye bags hanging but his skin was still radiant as ever. Just by these little details, I had realised I had never paid attention to Hyun Seung that much. He was the last BEAST member I would ever thought of talking to and was the last BEAST member I would ever thought of celebrating my birthday with.

 

At that moment, Hyun Seung looked up and made eye contact with me. I choked on my soup and coughed loudly. Hyun Seung panicked and handed me a piece of tissue delicately without having any physical contact with me, “Are you alright? Eat slowly. No one is snatching your soup away!”

 

“I’m okay.” I replied to his concern.

 

I had also noticed Hyun Seung was avoiding all physical contact with me – as if he didn’t want to touch me at all costs. The only time we did have physical contact was when I found comfort in him an hour ago. That didn’t count since I was the one who initiated it. The other BEAST members had no qualms about touching me as friends though. We played around like buddies but Hyun Seung?

 

Never.

 

“Hyun Seung,” I called out his name as he looked up to see me, “How did you know I was at the gym?”

 

Without hesitation, he answered me confidently, “You’re always at the gym when you’re feeling sad.”

 

I was surprised at his answer. He knew me so well. No one ever knew that whenever I was feeling down, I would be at the gym working my off, hoping to release all my anger there. I confronted him, “How did you know?”

 

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

“How did you know?”

 

I dropped my spoon as soon as she said that. Ah, I was very careless. I spouted something that I shouldn’t have. Stupid Hyun Seung. You should have known better to think before you say anything! I shut my eyes and think of an excuse to tell her. I couldn’t. Instead of a good answer, I said, “Lucky… Lucky guess?”

 

I even stuttered. I wasn’t very good at lying, was I?

 

“Well, everyone has their own place to go when they’re feeling down. My favourite place to go when I feel down is the dorm’s rooftop.” I laughed awkwardly.

 

“Okay then.” Surprisingly, Hyuna let it go. Perhaps she was not very interested after all.

 

I heaved a sigh of relief. I was almost letting the cat out of the bag. She mustn’t think that I was some creepy stalker who knew about her although we were not really friends.

 

However, I did know a lot about Hyuna. Sometimes I would see her in the dance studio training and practicing with her dance even though her members had left for lunch. She would be the only one in the dance room. I would peek at her through the transparent part of the door while she was coordinating her steps. She wasn’t known for a good dancer for nothing.

 

I also knew her daily intake of food. She would just eat sweet potatoes, salad and an apple for lunch and sometimes, she would eat nothing for dinner due to her busy schedule. I wished I could tell her to eat more but I couldn’t.

 

Every time I saw her eyes dull and her usual smile disappeared, I knew she was feeling sad about something. One day I followed her and realised she went to the gym at night and she would go there for hours. She would collapse and started crying. The gym was a place for her to vent her anger and sadness. That was the reason why I knew she was there when Jun Hyung told me he rejected Hyuna’s request. She would be sad about it.

 

On stage, Hyuna was this y little kitten with charisma singing with her members. Behind the stage, she was this little girl just full of aegyo. When she’s alone, she was just this innocent girl who bottled all her feelings up to herself and cried at one corner.

 

I also knew her favourite coffee brand. That was why I went into the convenience store to get her some. I was deciding to give it to her later. Sometimes, I felt like I was overdoing it. I was being too much like a stalker, a ertic and crazy fan of hers but I couldn't help but be intrigued by her.

 

“Hyun Seung.” I heard her cute voice again.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Nothing, I just noticed you have very long eyelashes. It’s peculiar to see a guy having such long eyelashes.” She commented lightly and smiled.

 

"Oh, thank you?" I replied her awkwardly, not knowing how to respond to the random comment she made about my features. I wasn't used to getting such compliments from Hyuna - in fact from any girl.

 

I knew everything about her –

 

but she didn’t even notice my existence.

-

 

Author's Note:

Hi guys, I'm sorry for neglecting this story but I will be back with updates on this story right after my papers at the end of this month. Wait patiently for updates, thank you! :')