Different Perspective

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

I went to the door to see what was happening immediately. “Hyuna… You’re here.” I said awkwardly as the CEO and Jun Hyung were standing at the door as well, looking at Hyuna who was looking as if she was going to break down any moment.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry. I have to go now.” Hyuna stuttered and choked.

 

Jun Hyung took a step forward to Hyuna but was stopped by the CEO who grabbed his hand, “Jun Hyung, you have far more important and urgent issues to matter.”

 

“But, CEO, Hyuna…” Jun Hyung tried to speak up. At least he was still worried and concerned over Hyuna but he got other things to deal with right now.

 

I grabbed his shoulder and nodded to him, “It’s okay, I’ll take care of Hyuna. You need to go with the CEO.” Just moments ago, I was just going to punch him in the face for being a jackass to Hyuna but now, looking at his concerned expression, he was still being nice to Hyuna after all. As a member, I shouldn’t add any more burdens.

 

“Thank you.” Jun Hyung gave a weak smile and hurried off with the CEO.

 

I chased after Hyuna after the other members went back into the room half-heartedly. She was nowhere to be found. However, there was only one place she would go – the gym of course. I walked towards the gym and saw her inside. She was on the treadmill, already setting to a fast speed and started running.

 

Biting my lips, I went to the treadmill beside hers and the power for it. She stared at me questionably and did not speak to me. I set the exact same speed and started running as well. I hated running – especially on a treadmill. In fact, I hated exercising. I couldn’t think of myself exercising but I was actually doing it now – not for myself but for Hyuna. “Exercising alone is boring.” I commented light-heartedly but she ignored me once again.

 

I believed we had run for a ten good minutes and I was already struggling for the fact that I was done with my dance practice just moments ago and I was burning my legs again. However, I refused to give up in front of Hyuna. She finally took notice of me and said, “Leave. You just had a dance practice, you will hurt yourself like this.”

 

Wow, she concerned about me. I smiled and tried to say in a full sentence since I was very exhausted, “Don’t you worry about me.”

 

She stepped off the treadmill and turned off the power straight away, “Leave me alone, Hyun Seung! I don’t want anyone to see me unhappy. I don’t want anyone to think I’m a useless and hopeless weakling who is falling heels over head on someone who doesn’t return my love for him! Go away! I don’t need you to do anything! I don’t want to see your face, Hyun Seung!”

 

I turned off the power and stepped off the treadmill, “I just don’t want to see you being sad alone. You need someone to be there for you.”

 

She started going to the punching bag and hit it violently, “And what makes you think you’ll be the one who will be there? Hyun Seung, honestly, we’re not very good friends. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me but I just need to be alone right now!”

 

Her words pricked my heart. I was very disappointed. She was right – we were not good friends. What made me think I could change her heart for me? I was nothing to her. I nodded as I could not hide my disappointment, “You’re right. I’ll not show my face in front of you. Hyuna, be strong.”

 

She did not respond to me and continued working out.

 

I left the room.

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

I was done working out. I was exhausted to the maximum. I looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall. It was already so late at night. I had better get back to the dorm before the other members worry about me. I opened the door after turning off the lights and stepped out. I kicked onto something hard and looked down to see what it was.

 

Hyun Seung was lying on the floor – asleep. What was he still doing here? I thought I had asked him to leave since 1 hour ago? Please don’t tell me he waited for me outside for the whole time?

 

“Hyun Seung, Hyun Seung…” I called his name and nudged him carefully. He groaned and woke up, as if he had forgotten what was he doing out here all alone. He opened his eyes widely after comprehending what was happening. 

 

“Ah, Hyuna! You’re done working out?”

 

I sighed and got fed up with him, “Why are you still here?”

 

“I’m just…” Hyun Seung was backing off a little after seeing my angry expression.

 

I tried my best to soften my expression since I was not that angry like before. He continued, “I’m just worried that something might happen to you. So if you ever need someone, I’ll be here.” I was still angry with him for no rhyme or reason and he continued again, “And I didn’t defy you. I said I won’t show me face in front of you… that’s why I’m out here…”

 

He looked down apologetically and bit his lips. I softened my expression after seeing him being so nice to me and placed a hand on his shoulder, “Don’t worry. I won’t do anything silly because of this issue and you really don’t have to worry too much, Hyun Seung.” I told him straight away with a trailing voice, “I still don’t understand why you’re treating me so nicely nowadays…”

 

I never knew Hyun Seung was such a kind-hearted person. Perhaps too kind for my liking. We used to ignore each other’s presence but now, he’s worrying over an issue that didn’t concern him directly. For all I knew, he could support Jun Hyung alone but now, he’s worried about me.

 

“Hyuna, why can’t you see my intentions in a different perspective?” Hyun Seung spouted out after what I had said earlier.

 

I didn’t know why but his words gave a chill down my spine.

 

For a minute, I thought I could feel my heart melting slowly because of  his words.