Busted

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

I waited. And I waited.

 

She wasn’t here today.

 

Normally she would be barging through the door and bring us some food to eat but not today. I figured out why but I didn’t tell the members the reason.

 

“Why isn’t Hyuna picking up my phone?” Jun Hyung whined and sighed. He walked around the dance room and kept dialling on his phone.

 

I was confused. Since he had a girlfriend, why was he still contacting another girl? I asked him, “Why are you calling her? Maybe she’s busy.”

 

“She’s always free at this moment. She always brings us food! I’m hungry…” Jun Hyung whined again and rubbed his tummy.

 

I stood up and called the guys up, “Let’s go out for lunch.” I completely ignored Jun Hyung’s words.

 

“Wait! Maybe she’s coming!” Jun Hyung blocked my path and tried to dial her number again.

 

I folded my arms and bit my lips, hoping not to curse at him right now, “Jun Hyung, Hyuna is not your servant. She doesn’t need to bring you food every single time. She’s not comply to do everything for you.”

 

“I’m not treating her like a servant! Aish, she should have known better than to reject my calls over and over again!” He retorted, ignoring my words and threw a fit at his phone. His bad temper was evolving again. I knew him. He’s my best friend out of all the members but I knew he was treating Hyuna for granted – and I hated that.

 

I could not held back my anger and shouted at him, “Then why are you pestering her even though you already have a girlfriend?!”

 

Bad move, Hyun Seung. Bad move.

 

Every single member turned and looked at me like I was an artpiece in a museum. All of their jaws were wide open. Doo Joon held on to my shoulder and turned me around, “What girlfriend? What are you referring to?”

 

I gulped as Jun Hyung’s face was red as soon as I said it out. “Hyun Seung, how did you…” He trailed off as the door was opened by someone from outside.

 

I thought it was Hyuna. Well, I thought.

 

“Did I just hear a commotion from the outside? I hope you guys are not fighting right now,” The CEO of CUBE Entertainment was here. He was holding to a few pieces of papers as he came into the room. It was very rare to see him in the dance room since he was a busy man. We hardly see him at all so it was a shock to everyone.

 

“In any case, I have some other important matters to discuss. There’s more important issues to explain about than fighting,” He glared at every single one of us and once more at Jun Hyung. The way he looked at Jun Hyung was different – a scary kind of different. Jun Hyung was taken aback and speechless. The CEO handed him the few pieces of papers and Jun Hyung flipped them through one by one – faster and faster.

 

I swore it was the first time I saw Jun Hyung’s face turned pale and then green. It was like he saw something disgusting. He finally spoke, “This… This… This can’t be happening.” He threw the papers on the floor and looked at the CEO, “Look, I can explain everything.”

 

Yo Seob was the brave one who picked up the papers. The rest of the members, including myself, went over to him to look at what Jun Hyung had seen. I couldn’t believe it this was actually happening.

 

“Hara?” Yo Seob said aloud unintentionally.

 

They were pictures of Jun Hyung and Hara holding hands in the middle of the streets at night – just like what Hyuna had described. I shut my eyes tight and sighed heavily. I was disappointed.

 

The CEO folded his arms and said, “Someone sent the company these photos. Luckily, he or she didn’t send it to the press directly.” Everyone was sort of relieved after he had said that but he continued, “But on one condition.”

 

“What is it?” Doo Joon asked.

 

“Jun Hyung and Hara have to admit to be dating themselves and we will release the pictures. If not, he or she will release it themselves.” The CEO finished the sentence.

 

Jun Hyung grabbed his hair like it was about to fall off, “This… This can’t be happening!”

 

Doo Joon sat down and said, “So whatever it is, Jun Hyung has to admit to dating Hara publicly?”

 

“Yes, I afraid that is so.” The CEO nodded, “Jun Hyung, are you really dating Hara? Are you being serious about her?” For a moment, the CEO was concerned like a true father to Jun Hyung.

 

Jun Hyung replied with confidence, “Of course, I don’t play around with feelings. I love Hara.”

 

I was hurt – for Hyuna. It was fortunate she wasn’t here today to hear Jun Hyung’s true confessions about Hara. She would be very heartbroken.

 

“DSP Entertainment has also received the pictures. Jun Hyung, you have to come with me to discuss about this matter immediately.” The CEO ordered seriously and Jun Hyung complied. There was nothing he could do but to follow instructions right now. I hoped everything would be fine with him but at the back of my mind, I was thinking about Hyuna’s feelings. How would she react to this now that Jun Hyung and Hara had to admit their relationship publicly?

 

Jun Hyung and the CEO went out of the room but it was just seconds before Jun Hyung stopped his steps and turned at the door, “Hyuna, what are you doing here?”

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

Jun Hyung had been trying to call me for ages. I didn’t pick up, afraid that my tears would fall again. I wanted to hear his voice but I couldn’t get the courage to press the button.

 

After a moment of thought, I finally gain the courage to stand up and say to myself, “I’ll just peek at what he’s doing. At the dance room. Alright, it’s just a little peek. It won’t harm, Hyuna!”

 

I dragged my feet upstairs to where BEAST members were having their practice sessions. I knew their schedules perfectly – well, only for Jun Hyung actually.

 

Before I could go near, the door was already wide open and there was a familiar voice speaking inside the room. I recognised it after going closer and stood near the door – it was the CEO.

 

“Jun Hyung and Hara have to admit to be dating themselves and we will release the pictures. If not, he or she will release it themselves.” The CEO finished the sentence.

 

Then I heard Jun Hyung’s desperate and deep voice after that, “This… This can’t be happening!”

 

Doo Joon said, “So whatever it is, Jun Hyung has to admit to dating Hara publicly?”

 

What? What? No, no. This couldn’t be happening. Although I only heard some of the conversation, I knew exactly what was happening and I didn’t like the fact of it. Why? Why did you have to play with my feelings like this?

 

“Yes, I afraid that is so.” The CEO replied as my heart sank, “Jun Hyung, are you really dating Hara? Are you being serious about her?” For a moment, the CEO was concerned like a true father to Jun Hyung. I waited for Jun Hyung’s reply as my heart was pounding furiously.

 

Please, Jun Hyung…

 

Jun Hyung, please just admit you two were just having lunch together – as friends.

 

Jun Hyung replied with confidence, “Of course, I don’t play around with feelings. I love Hara.”

 

My eyelids dropped as my hands relaxed. He admitted it himself. I saw it with my eyes and now I heard it with my ears. Jun Hyung loved Hara – that was not a fiction, it was a fact. A fact that I couldn’t deny.

 

“Hyuna, what are you doing here?”