Giving Time

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyuna’s POV

 

“How’s filming?”

 

“It’s wonderful…” I mentioned shyly and continued, “It’s wonderful to work with Hyun Seung. He’s wonderful to collaborate with.”

 

“He’s better than me?” Jun Hyung smirked and looked up at the ceiling.

 

“Why are you trying to say?” I asked him harshly. I did not like the way he spoke about Hyun Seung like that. I did not know why I was so affected by it. I felt a slight frustration when he dissed Hyun Seung.

 

“Do you remember the times we collaborate together?” Jun Hyung ignored my words and changed the subject, “You were just a newbie and our relationship just started building on from there. I still remember the first stage we had together at Music Core! You were shivering so much and…”

 

“And it’s all in the past, Jun Hyung.” His words were really pricking into my heart like a thousand of arrows stabbing into my chest at the same time and I was confused why he was mentioning all of these to me.

 

Suddenly, Jun Hyung looked around the surroundings to make sure we were alone and he grabbed my wrist forcefully and dragged me off the studio. He turned swiftly while I was screaming into his ear, “Yah, Yong Jun Hyung, stop pulling my hand!”

 

Just a quick thought across my mind, I was thinking that how different Jun Hyung treated me the way Hyun Seung did. Hyun Seung was never that violent to me. Hyun Seung would hold my hand tenderly or lead me to one side by asking politely, unlike Jun Hyung. I was getting boiled up when he went into a janitor’s closet and locked us inside.

 

“Yong Jun Hyung, it’s painful!” He let go off me when he realised he had hurt my wrist.

 

I rotated my wrist to make it feel better but Jun Hyung did not care and started speaking, “Hyuna, I’m sorry. I have come to realised that there’s no one better than you. You treat me the best and I have taken you for granted. I’m sorry.”

 

“What’s the use of saying all these when Hara is your girl-“

 

“I have broken up with her.” Jun Hyung interrupted my words and I was taken aback.

 

My mouth could not close and I only could say one word, “What?”

 

“I think what Hara and I have isn’t love. You and I…” Jun Hyung took up both of my hands and kissed them, “You and I are a match made in Heaven.”

 

“I have been thinking for a while now. The things you have done and the way we feel about each other is undeniable. I am a fool to let you go.” Jun Hyung confessed and he dropped his head down and leaned against the wall.

 

I did not know how to respond. To be honest, I was slightly offended. Hara was my best friend. Although she got together with him, I could not forsake our friendship for him.

 

 Should I be feeling happy that the guy that I loved for almost a year was finally responding to my love? A part of me was saying that I should just leave but another part of me just wanted to embrace him right now.

 

He straightened his back again and sighed, “I know I have hurt you too much. I will understand if you don’t want to be with me. I promise to give you time. I promise I will treat you better. I will not let you go again, Hyuna.”

 

His words were giving me the chills and I could not feel the anger towards him anymore.

 

Without warning, Jun Hyung cupped my face and leaned toward me. I did not know what to expect and so I did not try to resist any of it. He closed his eyes and I followed his lead. Jun Hyung placed his lips onto mine tenderly.

 

I tilted my head to show my respond for him but I was still hesitant. His left hand moved down to my neck and he deepened the kiss passionately. For a flash moment, I could see Hyun Seung’s face appearing in my mind.

 

He could tell I was still undecided. He broke away from the kiss but his face was still inches away from mine. He whispered to me, “I missed you, Hyuna. I really missed you.”

 

My goosebumps were raising but I answered him back, “Me too.”

 

He tucked my hair behind my ear and smirked the way I liked, “I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist it.”

 

I bit my lips to show embarrassment. I said something else that was bothering in my mind. I knew I had to be fair to him so I confessed something that I thought I would never confess, “Jun Hyung, I’m confused about my heart right now. One half belongs to you but the other half… may belong to someone who treats me well when you’re not here with me.”

 

“I promise I will give you time.” Jun Hyung repeated his words while handing me a piece of jewellery, “I promise.”