Who Is It

A Few Tentative Steps

Hyun Seung’s POV

 

“The song is not over! Shock!” Jun Hyung finished the song smoothly with his last sentence. The song was over after Jun Hyung’s words. I would always chuckle at the ironic fact about our song. The members and I collapsed onto the floor after our strenuous dance practice we just had. Beads of perspiration flowed down our body and that only meant we worked hard for today.

 

Jun Hyung took out his phone automatically when we finished our practice for today. It was like a routine for him to do so. We were not allowed to use our phones during trainings and practices but Jun Hyung could not change his old habits. He had to check his phone every five minutes or so. Sometimes, he got nagged by Doo Joon at it but often, he was left alone because everyone knew it couldn’t be changed.

 

I had always wondered why he was always smiling to his phone and busy texting someone. “Hyung, why are you always busy fiddling with your phone? I swear you’re always hanging onto your phone every time I turn around.” Dong Woon commented. He had the same thought as me.

 

Jun Hyung pretended to hit Dong Woon on the head, “You want to die? Don’t ask so much!” Dong Woon didn’t dare to ask any more questions and kept quiet. I wished Jun Hyung answered though.

 

“Let me see it!” Yo Seob snatched away Jun Hyung’s phone and ran around the dance room.

 

Jun Hyun was taken aback by his sudden empty hands and stood up to chase Yo Seob for his precious phone. “Yang Yo Seob, give me back my damn phone! Stop playing around!” Jun Hyung shouted but to no avail.

 

I pretended to be not bothered about Jun Hyung’s secret texting but I looked over to Yo Seob’s hands to see who Jun Hyung was texting to. Yo Seob screamed and announced to everyone, “Yah… Jun Hyung’s inbox is flooded with Hyuna’s messages!”

 

Yo Seob waved his phone around and stopped running. Jun Hyung took back the phone but he knew that his secret was out. The members gave him some raised eyebrows and . I looked down at the floor unwillingly when I heard what Yo Seob had said. Yo Seob laughed and sat down on the floor as Jun Hyung tried to strangle him.

 

Doo Joon placed one arm over Jun Hyung’s shoulder and shook his head, “I knew something was up during your collaboration with Hyuna for ‘Change’. You two act differently after the promotions. I knew it!”

 

“There’s nothing between us! We’re just good friends! Yo Seob is exaggerating!” Jun Hyung tried to defend himself but his face was showing it all. I didn’t know whether I was good in reading people’s faces but something told me Jun Hyung liked Hyuna.

 

Ki Kwang smiled brightly and laughed, “Thanks Jun Hyung. I hope you two get together so that scandal of Hyuna and me would stop indefinitely!”

 

Everyone burst into laughter except for me. “Stop it!” Jun Hyung smacked Ki Kwang’s head for real.

 

“Come on, don’t try to deny anything. We’re your brothers. You can tell us everything!” Yo Seob prompted him again. I really wished they would stop talking about this issue because it was making me so uncomfortable.

 

Jun Hyung rolled his eyes and drank his bottle of water with ease, “Okay, I admit. I mean who can ever resist a girl like her? I do feel something for her. I like her. She’s nice and pretty. Who knows what will happen…” He trailed off as he nodded.

 

“Pretty?” I suddenly whispered under my breath. Pretty was an understatement for Hyuna, I thought.

 

Everyone turned to look at me questionably. Perhaps I spoke too loudly but I pretended to be ignorant, “What?”

 

“I thought you said something…” Ki Kwang said.

 

Yo Seob squinted his eyes and focused his attention on me right now, “Hyun Seung, why are you so quiet?”

 

“Me?” I pointed at myself as the attention was on me now, “I have nothing to say.”

 

Doo Joon touched his chin and commented, “I have realised something about Hyun Seung.”

 

Heads turned at Doo Joon with confused looks, “What? What?”

 

“Hyun Seung never speaks about girls in front of us.”

 

I pursed my lips nervously.

 

“And now, he’s pursing his lips.” Doo Joon pointed at me and I relaxed my lips. He knew everything about me. He knew I pursed my lips whenever I was nervous or hiding something. I had to get rid of the stupid habit of mine.

 

Doo Joon smirked as he caught me in the act. Jun Hyung was now curious and cheeky about it, “Hyun Seung, please don’t tell me that you’re…” He stopped the sentence right there and came closer to me and whispered, “Gay.”

 

I pushed him away violently and got disgusted when he came closer a moment ago, “Of course not! Are you crazy?!” I denied strongly because it was the truth. Of course, I liked girls. Did I look like I’m gay or something? Ridiculous! The members laughed Jun Hyung who was pushed to the ground and I arranged my hair properly.

 

“Hyun Seung, what is your ideal type? Share it. We would like to know!” Ki Kwang smiled at me and asked.

 

Yo Seob then added another sentence, “Yeah! The news is always writing about our ideal types but you have never answered the question before to the media. Our fans might be interested on what type of girls you like!”

 

“Ideal?” I pondered for a really long time. I had never thought of ideal types. I didn’t have a specific ideal type for girls. I had always thought love at first sight was possible and it did happen to me. However, I was too shy to say that in front of the members. They might think I’m gay again.

 

“You know, maybe you like this girl and she has these attributes that attracts you to her, or something similar to that…” Ki Kwang massaged his neck and tried to explain to me on how to answer his question. I nodded at his attempt and the rest of the members were waiting for my answer.

 

“I like… a girl who is has two sides to her. She has to be adorable and friendly on the outside in the public’s eye but to me, she knows how to be y and attractive. Of course, she has to stay true to herself.” I explained in detail. Perhaps, too much details.

 

Everyone was in awe. Doo Joon commented, “Two sides to a girl?”

 

“That fits your 4D personality perfectly. No one has described their ideal types like that!” Jun Hyung added.

 

“Do you have a crush on someone now?” Yo Seob asked eagerly.

 

He hit me on the spot as I pursed my lips again.

 

“He must have one!” Doo Joon said, “Come on, who is it? Who is it?”

 

“I…” I was stumped for words.

 

“Hello, boys!” Someone walked into the room and we all turned to the door. “Happy to see me?” The girl opened her arms and exclaimed.

 

Hyuna.

 

She’s here.

 

And my heart was beating so furiously.

-

 

Author's Note:

To start off, thank you very much to those who have subscribed even before I started the fanfic! I have been delaying this fanfic for really long. One reason is because I have no idea how to go about writing it but here it is, the very first chapter but I think this story is going to progress really slowly. :\