♥ KrisSoo

Exo Family Stories

https://31.media.tumblr.com/9a9b048cb9017e6ebeb2b60e82a1b8f3/tumblr_inline_mxxtcoOxEf1qdwhfb.gif

This is for the nice anon on ask.fm & everybody who loves baby Yeol just as much as I do. >.<

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god! Not again!"

At the words Kyungsoo broke into a smile and slowly stood up from the couch, placing his book on the small coffee table. He already knew what had happened and why his husband was shrieking in such a high pitched voice but he wanted to check up on it, anyway.

As he peeked around the corner, he found his giant of husband kneeling on the floor in front of their not so giant one-year old baby boy. "I'm so sorry."

Yes, it happened again. Kris had knocked their son over, causing him to fall on his diaper . But who could blame the Chinese for this? Kris was a skyscraper on legs and Chanyeol was just freakingly quiet for a baby of this age. "Yeollie, Daddy is sorry."

Chanyeol only beamed at his father and squealed in his cute baby voice, obviously not bothered that his Daddy had run him over for the third time that day, and it wasn't even one in the afternoon.

Chuckling, Kyungsoo stepped into the hall. Chanyeol turned his head and squeaked at him, while Kris pursed his lips into a pout. "I did it again," he almost cried. "What can I do that this won't happen anymore?"

"Nothing, I guess," Soo said, crouching down as Chanyeol came waddled towards him. He picked the boy up and adjusted him in his arms. "If it makes you feel better, it happened to me too."

"Yeah like what, one time?" Kris huffed, puffing his cheeks. "I knock him over every freaking day. Just think about yesterday!"

Kyungsoo bit down his bottom lip to bite back a laugh. The day before Kris managed to knock their kid over three times in a row, just right after helping him back to his tiny feet. Chanyeol didn't mind though, even laughed when he fell onto his again but Kris felt more than sorry for his son.

"Well, don't worry too much about it. Nothing happened and he's fine, so forget it," Soo said to cheer his husband up. "What about you go to bed with him? It's time for his afternoon nap anyway."

"Yeah, I should probably do that," Kris sighed, getting up from the floor. "In bed I, at least, can't knock him over."

After changing Chanyeol into his pajama, Kyungsoo brought him to his and Kris' bedroom, where the Chinese had already laid down their bed. Chanyeol squealed as he was set down the big bed and started to crawl around. "What are you doing?" Kris laughed as the boy tried to climb over his legs.

Kyungsoo watched as Kris wrapped his long fingers around the baby's torso, lifting him up. Chanyeol had grown a lot in the past year, yet he still looked tiny and fragile in the tall man's hold. "Alright, I'll leave you now. Have a good sleep."

"No," Kris said. "Nap with us."

"Yifan, you know I have some work to do."

"The laundry can wait. It's not going somewhere anyway," he said and patted the spot right next to him. "So, come on."

Kyungsoo hesitated for a moment because he really had to do the laundry, but eventually he gave in. "Okay," he smiled and climbed into the bed.

Chanyeol let out a gurgling sound as he was laid down on the mattress between his parents. Kyungsoo rubbed his son's round belly, watching as his round eyes got heavy and he let out a cute yawn. "He has grown so much."

Kris nodded, smiling at the dozen off baby. "Yeah," he said. "Isn't it crazy how your life changes once a kid steps into it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, not even 21 months ago it was only you and me. Then it was you and me and a black and white picture of an alien," Kyungsoo laughed out at the comment. "And then he was born and it's not that I wasn't prepared but the moment you gave him to me it finally felt real. He was present and not hidden in your belly anymore. And now look at him. He grew from a helpless infant to a tiny human, who learns new things every day."

"You're so adorable when you do that."

"Do what?" Kris asked, raising a brow in confusion.

"Talking about things that fascinate you," Kyungsoo smiled and reached over to run his fingers along his husband's jaw. "

Kris only returned the smile, moving his head to the side to press a kiss into Kyungsoo's palm. "Thank you."

"Thank you? For what?"

"For everything."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little Chanyeol was glued to the window, watching the falling snow with wide open eyes. Every time an icy snowflake hit the window and got stuck on the glass, he let out a squeal and clapped his tiny hands together.

Kris watched his son, chuckling as Chanyeol squealed again with his whole body wiggling in excitement. Kyungsoo was out, shopping for dinner and so father and son were alone at home. Putting his laptop aside, Kris stood up and went over to his baby. Chanyeol looked at him when he sat down next to him. "What's up, baby boy?"

"Kya!"

"Ohh, cool," Kris said, nodding his head. "Yeol, do you want to have a snack?"

Not really understanding, Chanyeol tilted his head, blinking his big, round eyes at his Daddy. Oh, how Kris loved those big puppy eyes, just like Kyungsoo's. "Berry?" Kris asked, knowing that Chanyeol would understand the word.

Ever since the boy had gotten his first teeth and could chew, he had taken a fancy to strawberries and so it was no surprise that Chanyeol immediately reacted to the word. "Kya," he squealed.

"Alright," the Chinese said and got up from the floor. "Then, let's go."

Kris carefully watched as Chanyeol toddled after him, babbling something only the boy would understand. In the kitchen, Kris got the the bowl of strawberries out of the fridge. They were already washed and freed from greens and only a few were left. Since it was december and not season for the bright red summer fruit, the parents always had to buy imported ones in the small deli down the street. They were expensive but Kris and Kyungsoo were willing to spent a couple of dollars on them because nothing would ever be too expensive for their little sprout. Especially not when it made him just as happy as strawberries did.

"So buddy, here's your stra-ah," he saw him, saw him as he turned around and took a small step forwards, yet it was a second too late. Even before he could stop in his tracks his legs already had hit the tiny body behind him. Chanyeol stumbled backwards as he tried to keep himself on his feet but he didn't make. He lost balance and fell, hitting the back of his head on the metal handle of the bottom kitchen drawer.

The cry that left the boy was deafening, so loud and shrill that it had Kyungsoo, who just came home from the supermarket, flinching. Dropping the shopping bags he rushed to the kitchen. "What happened?"

"I knocked him over," Kris stuttered. He had his crying baby pressed to his chest, rubbing his back with the attempt to calm him. "He hit his head on the handle of the drawer."

Softly sighing, Kyungsoo stepped towards husband and son and carefully Chanyeol over the head. A bump had already formed on the back of his head and in order to restrain the swelling, Kyungsoo got his son a cooling pack from the freezer. "Here," he said and gave it Kris after wrapping it into a dish towel.

With a shaking hand the Chinese grabbed the pack and gently pressed it against Chanyeol's head. The boy was still sobbing, clawing at his Daddy's shirt.

"It's okay, baby," Soo cooded, smiling at his baby boy. "You're just startled."

Chanyeol let out a whine, blinking his teary eyes. His cheeks were rosy and wet and his bottom lip quivered slightly as he slowly but steady calmed down.

Loudly exhaling, Kris sunk down one of the kitchen chairs. "My heart stopped beating for a moment."

"It won't be the last time he hurts himself."

"He didn't hurt himself. I hurt him!"

Kyungsoo sighed softly. "It was an accident. Calm down."

"This is easier said than done. You don't run over him all the time."

Kyungsoo only hummed at his husbands words. If the situation really bothered Kris that much, then he would find a solution to solve the problem. And he already had something in mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wiggling his tiny feet, Chanyeol in interest watched as his Papa tied a small golden bell to a colorful hairclip. Every time the bell made a sound he laughed out, round eyes forming into cute crescent moons.

"Alright, baby," Soo said and held the hairclip up, showing it to his son. "This is for you," he then said. "From now on you'll wear this every time Daddy is home, so he can hear you and won't knock you over anymore."

Letting out a gurgling sound, Chanyeol pursed his lips into a cute pout as Kyungsoo fastened the hairclip at one of the straps of his cute jumper. As he moved and the bell rang, making a clinking sound, the boy broke into laughter. He wiggled his whole body in order to make the bell ring again.

Kyungsoo laughed with him and helped his baby up onto his feet. For good half an hour Chanyeol just toddled around, laughing at the jingling bell. But eventually he got tired and sat down. By the time, Kyungsoo had brought a basket of washed, dry laundry and while the young father folded his and his family's clothes, Chanyeol played with one of Kris, silly striped socks.

"Oh," Soo voiced out to get his baby's attention. "Yeol, do you hear this? I think Daddy is home."

Squeezing the sock in his hands, Chanyeol let out a loud squeak. As soon as Kris had stepped into the hall, shouting a short "I'm home" the boy squeaked again. He pushed himself up from the ground but before he could run off, Kyungsoo caught him, holding him in place.

"Uh, Chanyeollie, where are you?" Kris called out for his son, confused that his baby didn't come run around the corner like usual. He raised his brows when he stepped into the living room and saw Kyungsoo holding him. "Why are you holding him back? Is something wrong?"

"Not at all," Soo smiled. "We want to show you something."

"Oh okay, what is it?"

"Turn around and you'll find out."

Visibly confused, the tall Chinese turned around. "Okay, this is kind of cre-" "Just shut up and listen," Kyungsoo cut him off. "O-okay," he said and closed his eyes to concentrate to whatever would come now. He heard Kyungsoo whispering a "Go" to their son and frowned at the jiggling sound of a bell that got louder and louder the closer the boy came to him. "What is this?" He opened his eyes once the sound stopped and found his son standing in front of him.

Chanyeol beamed at him, stretching out his little arms to signal that he wanted to get picked up. Kris bent down and scooped the boy up. "Oh," he voiced out as he spotted the tiny bell. He gently nudged it with his finger and Chanyeol squealed when it made a sound.

Kyungsoo stepped towards his husband and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind. "I thought this could might help you with your 'knocking over your son' problem."

Chuckling over the comment, Kris turned his head to peek at the younger. "When did you get this idea?"

"I don't know," Soo shrugged. "Suddenly I had to think about the neighbors cat and how Mrs. Lim told us that they got her a collar with a bell so they would know where she is."

"So, you made a cat out of our son?"

Kyungsoo snickered. "Since he takes a lot after you, I'd more compare him to an overly excited puppy."

The Chinese man playfully gasped for air. "Does that mean you compare me to a puppy, too?"

"No, I'd never do that."

"Oh god, you really do that," the tall man whined, pursing his lips into a pout.

Chanyeol immediately copied his father's action, pouting as well. The boy's cuteness caused the parents to laugh out. "Ah, you're really a cute puppy, sometimes," Kris laughed at his son.

"Oh, I didn't show you yet," Kyungsoo suddenly said. He stepped around his husband and looked at his son. "Yeol", he called out to get his attention. "Yeollie, kiss."

Kris eyes widened in surprise when the boy suddenly pursed his lips and leaned forwards to his Kyungsoo a kiss. A wide smile spread over Chanyeol's face after his father gave him a peck.

"Ohh, I'm impressed," the Chinese said. "Yeol-ah, Daddy wants a kiss, too."

Immediately, the little boy pursed his lips again, patiently waiting for his Daddy to lean in and give him a kiss. "Muah," Kris voiced out, causing his son to laugh. Still giggling, Chanyeol let his head fall against the Chinese's shoulder and snuggled close.

With his lips curled into a smile, Kyungsoo watched their interaction. "Alright," he said. "I'll go and prepare dinner now. Do you want to take him with you? He didn't have his bath yet."

"Oh, no, no, no," Kris quickly said, shaking his head. "Knowing me, I'll drown him."

"Don't be silly," Kyungsoo laughed. "I bathe with him all the time."

"Yeah, but you are the born parent and I...I am me. Just remember what happened to our fish."

"Well yeah, I still don't know how you managed to drop the poor thing into the toilet but that's not point. Yifan, he's baby not a fish."

"Right now I wish he'd be one," the man mumbled. "Can't you come with us?"

"I won't sit the next fifteen minutes next to the tub watching you," Soo said.

"Actually I hoped for you to bathe with us."

"All three of us in the tub?" Kyungsoo looked at Kris, raising a brow when the man pouted at him. "You think that will work?"

"Yeol," Kris whispered, nudging the baby's side. "Do this," he said and pouted when Chanyeol looked at him. "Pout."

Of course Chanyeol mimicked the action and pouted, turning his head to Kyungsoo when Kris did so, too. Kyungsoo laughed and shook his head, giving in anyway. The little family got into the tub, playing with the rubber duckies and watching Chanyeol as he curiously inspected the bottle of his baby shampoo.

Drying off ended with a , squeaking baby running away and a half Kris face planting the floor while trying to catch his son. Eventually, Kyungsoo caught the little runaway, making sure that the hairclip with the tiny bell was safely secured on Chanyeol's pajama once he was fully dressed, so his Daddy would never knock him over again.