♣ ChanBaek

Exo Family Stories

tenor.gif

Christmas thread story 2 for you.
I hope you enjoy it even though it's short ♥

 

 

 

The sounds of the TV told Chanyeol that Baekhyun was probably in the living room and according to the sounds he could hear, he could tell that the other was watching his favorite show.

 

“Hey baby, I’m ho-” He paused mid-sentence as Baekhyun was not sitting on the couch when he stepped into the room. “Uh, baby?”

 

Turning around he stepped back out of the room and looked down the hall. “Baek? Where are you?”

 

Just as the ask had slipped past his lips, the door to the bedroom opened and Baekhyun showed up, smiling at him. “Oh, there you are,” Chanyeol returned the smile when the smaller walked up to him. “What did you do?”

 

After receiving a kiss Baek lifted his hands, telling him that he just have taken a shower per sign language.

 

“Why that? Were you cold?” Chanyeol asked, getting a nod as an answer. He hummed. “Are you getting sick?”

 

Baek shrugged and then walked past Chanyeol, mentioning him to come along. Chanyeol followed his husband and sat down next to him on the couch. He raised a brow when Baek leaned over to grab something from the coffee table. “What’s this?” He mumbled to himself, taking the envelope that Baek handed to him.

 

Flipping the envelope over, he fumbled a pastel peach colored card out. “No way,” he gasped while reading through the letter. “Who would have thought?! Junmyeon and Sehun are really having a baby, wow!”

 

Apparently the card they had gotten was an invitation to a baby shower from their closest friends. According to the letter they were having a girl and Junmyeon was a couple of weeks into the second trimester along already.

 

“I’m amazed that he haven’t noticed yet,” Yeol said.

 

Baek nodded, frowning a little as he tried to remember if Sehun and Junmyeon ever gave it away in any sort of way that they were expecting a child but he couldn’t recall anything that could’ve given them a hint. Raising his hands he told Chanyeol that they should think of what to get their friends as a present.

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. “Do you want to look online and order or should we go shopping?”

 

Asking whether they would have time to go and shop, Baekhyun broke into a smile when his husband told him that he would have a day of the following day.

 

“It was not easy to convince my boss to give a day off but I did it,” the bank clerk proudly smiled. “So do you want to go for a little shopping trip tomorrow?”

 

Of course Baekhyun’s answer was yes and so the couple the next morning got up rather early to spend their day at the mall. Their first stop was a big baby store and Baekhyun’s eyes started to sparkle at all the tiny pieces of clothes and and other cute accessoires.

 

Not sure what their friends would actually need for their baby Chanyeol suggested to get a gift card. “It’s convenient,” he said.

 

Baekhyun agreed and yet he frowned. A gift card was nice but he wanted to get Sehun and Junmyeon something to unpack at the baby shower. Tapping onto Chanyeol’s arm to get his full attention, he told him that he’d like to get them something small in addition to the gift card.        

 

“Okay, and what have you thought of?”

 

Baek shrugged, then suggesting something like a pair of shoes or a unique clothing item.

 

“That’s a good idea,” Chanyeol approved. “Maybe we can find something that represents Sehun and Junmyeon at the same time.”

 

Looking for that unique certain something took almost three hours but in the end they were able to find a tiny pair of sneakers from which they knew Sehun and Junmyeon owned a pair themselves.

 

Baekhyun was happy to have found the shoes and couldn’t stop smiling. And just as much as he couldn’t stop smiling, he couldn’t stop looking at the tiny shoes.

 

Chanyeol noticed every glance Baekhyun spared the sneakers and he smiled to himself. They had talked about children before but the decision on whether they would have a child of their own and when lay in Baekhyun’s hands.

 

As Baekhyun was mute he was concerned to might not be able to give a baby the love and attention it would need as parents usually cooed or simply talked to their babies. Chanyeol told him that him being mute surely would not affect a possible child of their own in any way but he didn’t want to push his love.

 

Baekhyun had to be a hundred percent sure and ready for a child and he would patiently wait, even it would take another couple of years. And after all they were still young, they didn’t have to rush into things.

 

The day of their friends baby shower party rolled by very soon and just as much as they hoped for, their present got very much approved off. “Oh my gosh, they’re amazing,” Junmyeon beamed, gently holding onto the tiny shoes. “Where did you find those?”

 

“In a small shop on the top floor of the mall. It’s next to the electronic shop. I would have walked past them to be honest,” Yeol said. “Baek found them hidden in some corner of the shop.”

 

“They’re so cute, thank you so much.”

 

Baek smiled, patting Junmyeon’s back when he was given a hug. As they pulled away he gazed down to his friends swollen midsection. “Quite a bump already, huh?”

 

Baek nodded, mouthing a “Yes.”

 

“We were truly surprised to read that you’re already that far along,” Chanyeol said.

 

Sehun chuckled. “We wanted to keep it a secret as long as possible.”

 

“Do you already know the gender?”

 

“Yes, but we won’t tell,” Sehun said. “We also already have a name.”

 

Baekhyun made a face, pouting. Junmyeon laughed at him. “You can guess if you like.”

 

“But will you tell if he’s right or wrong?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Don’t do it, babe. He’s messing with you,” Chanyeol said, shaking his head.

 

Baekhyun smiled, mentioning it’s okay by using body language.

 

“There’s actually something we would like to ask you,” Junmyeon smiled.

 

“Oh yes? What is it?”

 

“We would like to ask if you’d want to become our child godparents,” Sehun answered.

 

Both, Baekhyun and Chanyeol gasped. “What? Us?”

 

Baekhyun pointed at himself, then using his hands to ask why exactly they wanted to have him as one of their baby’s godparents.

 

“Well, apart from the fact that you’re our best friends and we trust you with our lives, we would like to have our child to have someone around who’s experiencing life a little different from us,” Myeon said.

 

“Yes,” Sehun nodded along. “Baek, you as someone who can’t use words to communicate can naturally teach our child that nothing in life is a burden and that you can reach your goals, no matter what. And Yeol, you’re best example of great humanity. If our child can learn one thing from you than its commitment. You learned a whole new language to be able to communicate with the one you love and neither of us would ever be able to teach our child this because we’re not in this situation. We can talk big but that’s it. You two are the best example that love, trust and patience are three of the most important things when it comes to relationships.”

 

Stunned by their friends words, Chanyeol and Baekhyun just stared at Sehun for a moment. “Oh wow,” Yeol eventually spoke up. “When did you mature like this?”

 

Sehun gasped. “What?”

 

Junmyeon laughed out, giggling into his palm.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Sehun complained. “I’ve always been mature!”

 

“Depends on what you call mature,” Chanyeol whispered, earning himself a glare from his younger friend. “But we would love to be your child’s godparents,” he then smiled.

 

Baekhyun eagerly nodded his head, eyes filled with tears of joy.

 

“Oh Baek, don’t cry,” Myeon cooed, grabbing Baek by the hands. “We’re happy that you like to become his godparents.”

 

“His godparents?” Chanyeol voiced out. “So it’s a boy?”

 

“Oh sit-”

 

“Babe!” Sehun goraned. “Really?!”

 

“Sorry,” the expecting apologized. “I’m just not used to call him ‘it’ or just baby.”

 

“Still,” Sehun grumbled. “It was supposed to be a surprise.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, sorry.”

 

“So, since we now know it’s a boy, can we also know his name?”

 

“No,” Myeon smiled. “And we would very much appreciate if you don’t tell the others that you know the gender.”

 

“Of course,” Yeol said. “We won’t tell anyone. But I think we now should get some drinks to toast.”




 





 

Ever since they had been guests at their friends baby shower Chanyeol was certain that Baekhyun got infected with baby fever. Every time they saw a baby or small child, watched a diaper commercial or passed by a clothing store for kids Baekhyun got all smiley.

 

He never mentioned anything to actually wanting to finally have a baby but Chanyeol was sure it wouldn’t take much longer and yet he was a little caught off guard when Baekhyun stopped him from grabbing a from the bedside table in one intimate night.

 

“A-are you sure?”

 

Baekhyun was blushing, giving a shy nod.

 

“Really?”

 

Again Baekhyun nodded, this time much more determined.

 

Smiling Chanyeol leaned in to steal a kiss from his husband. “Alright then.”

 

After their first night of not using protection Chanyeol had the feeling they happened to have as much as they never had before in their relationship. He wasn’t sure if it was because they were actually trying to have a baby or if it was because they didn’t have to have a to hand anymore.

 

He wasn’t quite sure but he wouldn’t complain. They were not only much more active, they also were a little more experimental and Baekhyun got naughtier and naughtier, sometimes truly surprising Chanyeol with his actions.

 

The man let out a laugh when Baekhyun appeared in the living room, more or less seductively dancing his way further into the room with wearing a fluffy santa robe. “Not that I want to complain but a pair of stockings would round that picture off even more.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue but also raised his finger to mention Chanyeol to stay where he was.

 

“Oh,” Yeol chuckled. “You really do have stockings?” He was given a nod. “Well, I’ll wait here then.”

 

Baekhyun skipped away and the bank clerk snickered, focusing back onto untangling the light string of their Christmas tree. He cursed a little as the knot seemed to become even bigger and tighter than looser.

 

He was so caught up that he for a full five minutes didn’t even notice that Baek didn’t have come back to the living room. Only when he frustratedly dropped the tangled Christmas light to the floor he realized. “Uh, Baek?”

 

Getting up from where he sat on the living room carpet he walked towards the bedroom. “Baby?”

 

Peeking into the room he found Baekhyun sitting on the edge of their bed, staring at the wall. He was pale and deeply breathing in and out. “Baek? Babe, what’s wrong?”

 

Kneeling down in front of his husband, Chanyeol rested his hands on top of his bare thighs. “Hey,” he called out. “What’s wrong?”

 

Baek’s hands were shaking when he lifted them to form some sings, telling Chanyeol that he suddenly got dizzy and felt sick, also having a headache.

 

“Shall I get you a glass of water?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“Then at least lay down for a moment, okay?” Chanyeol reached to grab a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie that lay on the bed and helped Baekhyun changing into the clothes.

 

He watched when Baek crawled under the comforter and sighed in worry. For the past the week the smaller had been battling with strong headaches and they just couldn’t tell where they were coming from.

 

When Baek first complained about sudden dizziness they thought he might would’ve been pregnant but two taken tests turned out negative. “Babe, I think you really should go and see a doctor with this. This is not normal.”

 

Baekhyun gave a nod, closing his eyes.

 

Gently running his fingers through his loves soft hair, Chanyeol turned away and left Baekhyun alone to get some sleep. He went back to untangle the string light and decorated their Christmas tree when he finally did it.

 

Once the tree was all done he added a little more Christmasy touches to their apartment by setting up some more Christmas decorations. Usually nothing got put under their tree as the couple years ago had decided to not get themselves presents for Christmas but this time Chanyeol placed a nicely wrapped gift under the tree.

 

Baekhyun recently had lost his favorite bracelet and even thought the one Chanyeol had found in a jewelry store was no emotional replacement, it at least was able to adore Baekhyun’s wirst as best as it could.

 

Just had he had put the gift under the tree Baekhyun shuffled into the room, instantly gasping when he saw the present. “It’s just something small,” Chanyeol said, smiling.

 

Baekhyun frowned and started to complain.

 

“Baby, really. It’s just a tiny gift and there’s no need for you to get me something.”

 

Baek pouted and puffed his cheeks. Chuckling Chanyeol stepped towards his husband and embraced him. “Babe, it’s fine, really.” He kissed Baekhyun’s lips when the other looked up. “Are you feeling better?”

 

Baek mouthed a “Yes,” and nodded his head but mentioned that he still had a slight headache.

 

Chanyeol hummed. “Maybe some hot soup will help.”

 

Cooking some soup the couple settled down on the couch, spending the rest of the day in the living room with watching movies, kissing and cuddling, snuggling into bed later the night, enjoying each other’s presence.

 

Chanyeol unfortunately had to leave for a few hours of work the next day even though it was Christmas Eve and when he came back later the afternoon he was surprised to find the apartment empty. Texting Baekhyun where he would be he got a short reply that he would be home soon and Chanyeol was almost sure that Baekhyun was out, last minute shopping as he knew he would get a present this year.

 

As expected Baekhyun walked into the apartment with a paper bag in his hand Chanyeol grinned at him. “A gift for me?”

 

“Maybe,” Baekhyun signed his husband, sticking out his tongue.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Would you like to have a cup of tea to warm up?” He turned towards the kitchen when Baekhyun nodded and started unwrap his fuzzy scarf from around his neck.  

 

Preparing two cups of steaming tea he met Baekhyun in the living room where Baek had sat down in front of the Christmas tree. “Why are you sitting down there?”

 

Lifting his hands, Baekhyun started to sign. “As we go to meet my family tomorrow I thought we could exchange presents today.”

 

“Oh, and with today you mean now?”

 

Baek nodded, smiling.

 

“O-okay, sure,” Yeol said. He placed the tea mugs on the coffee table and then sat down by his husband on the floor. Grabbing his present for Baek he handed it to his love. “Merry Christmas, baby.”

 

Brightly smiling Baek took the present and unpacked it, mouth falling open when he opened the lid of the jewelry box and the bracelet was revealed.

 

“Good?” Chanyeol asked, softly smiling when Baek took the bracelet out its box to put it on. “You were so sad that you lost the other one and I thought you might would’ve liked to have a new one,” he said, helping Baekhyun to put the piece of jewelry on.

 

The smile on Baekhyun’s face told Chanyeol that he had done right with the bracelet. “So, my turn now?”

 

Eagerly nodding, Baekhyun handed his husband his present. Chanyeol had a pair of attentive eyes on him when he fumbled with the bow that was tied around small box and he was curious to finally see what Baekhyun had gotten him as the other obviously couldn’t wait to see what he reaction would be.

 

Much to Chanyeol’s surprise there was nothing much in the box, only a card. He l{aughed out. “Did you get me a gift card?” He gazed at Baekhyun before looking back at the card, flipping it around. “Merry Christmas, Da-”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide. The card he had unpacked was not just an ordinary card but an ultrasound image glued onto Christmas card that said ‘Merry Christmas, Daddy’.

 

“D-daddy?” Chanyeol whispered, gazing up. “You are p-this is our baby?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, lips curling into stunning smile.

 

“Oh god, baby. This is so amazing.”

 

Baekhyun was pulled into a crushing hug and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

 

When Chanyeol pulled back again he had tear in his eyes. “When did you find out? We took a test only fife days ago, it came out negative.”

 

Baekhyun told him that he only found out himself this morning as he went to visit a doctor because of his headache. He had told the doctor about the presumed pregnancy and about the negative tests and that the doctor due to this information still performed a blood test to rule out a pregnancy for sure.

 

“So, your headaches are related to the pregnancy?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, then signing that he was only two weeks along and that the headaches should be gone again very soon.

 

“Oh wow,” Yeol said. “I can’t believe it. We’re having a baby. This is the best Christmas ever!”

 

Baekhyun agreed, nodding his head. A surprised gasped escaped him when he all of the sudden was pulled into a deep kiss. “Thanks baby,” Chanyeol breathed against his mouth. “Thank you so much!”

 

Silently giggling Baekhyun lifted his hands. “Thank you, too.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and sighed. “Do we have to go to your parents house tomorrow? All I want now is to do nothing but cuddle you and talk to our baby.”

 

“The baby is not even bigger than a grain of rice,” Baek amusedly signed.

 

“Still,” Yeol said, pouting.

 

Smiling, Baekhyun leaned forwards and cupped his husbands face, mouthing an “I love you,” to him.

 

“And I love you,” Chanyeol replied, leaning in for a kiss. “Merry Christmas, my love.”