♣ KrisSoo

Exo Family Stories

https://data.whicdn.com/images/82138468/large.png
1st story of my Christmas 'thread'. Enjoy~
See you tomorrow with some ChanBaek. ♥

 

 

All of his men were there, patiently sitting at the big, long table when Kris stepped into the room, taking seat at the very end of it. Clearing his throat he leaned back into his chair. “I’m sorry for letting you wait,” he said.

 

“No worries, boss. It’s fine.”

 

“T-thanks,” he said, awkwardly nodding his head. “Alright, let’s start. I’m sure most of you already know that we’ve got a little problem with our latest deal.”

 

Most of the guys in the room nodded their heads, a few frowned in confusion.

 

“For everyone who does not know: We are targeted by the police.”

 

“Why that?” Someone asked.

 

“One of Kim’s members got caught by the police and didn’t keep his mouth shut. He made a deal with the police which included him getting away with a mild penalty when he infiltrates an undercover investigator into the clan.”

 

“Oh, so he’s made it?”

 

“Exactly,” Kris nodded. “Unfortunately our deal with Kim got noticed and now we’re under observation.”

 

“Are we going to cancel our deals with the Yakuza?”

 

“No, we can’t. We have to keep everything running as planned. Though we have to be extremely careful from now on.”

 

“Do the Yakuza know?”

 

“Of course they do but they don’t care. That’s why he have to be c-” A sudden loud noise from the outside of the room had Kris pausing. Turning in his seat he gazed at the door, loudly sighing when it was pushed opened and two of his sons entered. “Daddy!”

 

“What is it?” Kris asked but instead of looking at them, he looked past them to the one who was supposed to take care of them, mouthing a “Why are they here?” at him.

 

“Sorry, boss,” the guy whispered, shrugging. “I couldn’t stop them.”

 

Inhaling, Kris glanced down to the couple of little boys that stood by his side. “What’s wrong?” He asked them.

 

“Sehunnie hit me!”

 

“Nini kicked me first!”

 

A wave of soft chuckles rang through the room when Kris palmed his face. “Boys, really. Can’t this wait?”

 

“No,” they both whined in unison, pouting.

 

“Alright, both of you outside now,” Kris said, pointing at the door while getting up from his seat. “Excuse me for a second,” he said into the round and then followed his son’s outside.

 

He was back in no time, sitting back down with a deep sigh escaping him. “I’m sorry,” he apologized, sighing again.

 

“Don’t worry, boss. I have kids too, I know how troublesome they can be.”

 

Kris laughed out. “You can be honest with me, I know I’m a mess at the moment.”

 

“When will Kyungsoo be back?” One curiously asked.

 

“If I’m lucky in a few days,” the Mafia boss answered. “Ironic, isn’t it? I’m the boss of a functioning clan but I can’t handle a few growing up, little humans.”

 

“If it makes you feel better, I’m the same,” one of his henchmen snickered. “My daughter is a little devil but I just can’t be strict with her. She has me wrapped around her little finger and she’s only three.”

 

The men laughed and Kris chuckled, shaking his head. “I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one here who’s not having his kids under cont-” “Daddy!”

 

A voice from outside the door demanded the Mafioso’s attention. “Daddy,” the voice called again and a faint tap at the door had one of the men rushing over to open it. “Thank you,” the little figure behind the door said when he stepped into the room and waddled towards his father. “Daddy,” he said when he came to halt by Kris’ chair.

 

“Yes, honey?”

 

“You bad,” the little boy said, pointing at Kris while frowning.

 

Everyone gasped and Kris blinked in confusion. “Excuse me?” He asked, looking at his youngest son. “I’m bad?”

 

“Ya. You bad.”

 

“May I ask why?”

 

“Hunnie and Nini sad now.”

 

“Because of me?”

 

“Ya. Very sad.”

 

“Well, I guess that’s because I scolded them,” Kris said.

 

“Bad,” the boy stated.

 

“But they were naughty. They were fighting and hitting each other. And that’s not right.”

 

“B-but-” the boy paused, pouting. “They sad. They cry. I don’t like.”

 

A couple of soft cooed ‘awws’ echoed through the room when the youngest of the Mafioso’s children broke into silent tears. He had his rosy lips pursed into a pout while big tears started to roll down his chubby cheeks.

 

“Oh, Yeol.” Leaning forwards over the armrest of hs chair, Kris wrapped his fingers around the small torso and lifted Chanyeol off the ground, bringing him into his arms. “Don’t cry.”

 

Rubbing his son’s back, Kris looked into the round. “Alright, I guess we’ll stop the meeting here,” he said and his men nodded their heads. “Like I said, everything will continue as planned, we just have to be extremely careful. In case something happens or you notice something fishy, please let me know.”

 

Yes, boss!”

 

“Alright, then you’re dismissed.”

 

Waiting until all guys had left the meeting room, Kris stood up from his chair and left the room as well. Turning into the hall that lead to his private living area of the house, he pressed his lips against against Chanyeol’s head. “Baby, don’t cry anymore.”

 

Chanyeol sniffled a little, tightly holding onto his father’s shirt. “I sad.”

 

Kris let out a chuckle. “You don’t need to be sad. Come on, look at me.”

 

Eventually Chanyeol leaned back and looked at his father, blinking his big, still teary eyes.

 

“Can you smile at me?” Kris asked. “Please, give me a smile.”

 

The little boy broke into a loud giggle when Kris poked his side, tickling him. His eyes cutlery curved and a wide smile spread over his face, showing off his little teeth.

 

Leaning forwards Kris brushed their noses together and puckered his lips. “Kiss?”    

 

His request was answered almost instantly and little Chanyeol planted a rather wet kiss onto his lips. “Muah!”

 

Cuddling his son, Kris gave his son another kiss, pecking his rosy lips one more time. “I love you.”

 

“I love you,” Yeol chirped back, beaming at Kris. “I love Nini! I love Hunnie! I love Papa!”

 

The Mafioso chuckled. “Yes, me too.”

 

“When Papa back?”

 

Humming, Kris shrugged. “I have no idea,” he honestly answered. “Maybe on Monday.”

 

“Monday?”

 

“Yes. That’s sleeping two more times.”

 

Chanyeol pouted. “Long.”

 

“It’s not that long,” Kris smiled. “Only tonight and tomorrow.”

 

“Long,” the boy said again. “I miss Papa.”

 

This time Kris nodded, sighing a little “Yes, me too.”

 

It had been the first time since they were married that Kyungsoo had been gone for more than a week and it also was the first time that he had left Kris completely alone with their kids.

 

It happened all in a blur and at first the Mafia boss was not sure what he was getting himself into when he told Kyungsoo to leave all three boys at home but now, that a couple of days had been passed he knew that had better asked his husband to at least take Chanyeol with him.

 

Kris was overwhelmed with the situation. Every time he thought he had everything under control something new happened; whether it was the twins jumping at each other for no reason or Chanyeol wetting his pants out of the blue.

 

Kyungsoo made it look all so easy and Kris couldn't wait for him to finally come back home, so he could shower him with kisses and praise. He had the greatest respect for his love as he never had imagined the kids being so difficult to handle.

 

Opening the door to the their private living space, Kris stepped into the hall and set Chanyeol back to his feet. The boy toddled off, heading towards the living room. “Oh my god, Chanyeol?! Where have you been?”

 

Appearing in the doorway to the living room, Kris raised a brow at the guy who was supposed to watch his children. “You didn’t know where he was?”

 

“B-boss,” the young guy gasped. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. The twins were crying and fighting again and-I’m sorry.”

 

The Chinese nodded. “It’s fine,” he said. “You can leave now. Thank you.”

 

The man bowed and left, hurrying away.

 

Sehun and Jongin sat on the carpet in front of the couch, looking rather sulky. Their eyes were a little puffy and they were unusually quiet, not granting Kris any glance.

 

Opening the fist two buttons of his dress shirt, Kris stepped further into the room. “You two come here, please,” he said and sat down in the armchair by the fireplace.

 

The twins stood up and shuffled over to their father, still not looking at him.

 

“Sehun, what happened? You fought again?”

 

The boy nodded. “Y-yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You don’t know?” Kris asked. “Jongin, then you tell me. Why did you fight again?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“So, both of you don’t know?”

 

The twin nodded.

 

“You know, you two fighting all the time is really exhausting,” the father said. “That you have conflicts with each other is fairly normal but you two always hitting each other is not nice. Do you like hurting each other?”

 

“N-no,” the boys said in unison.

 

“You are old enough to talk about your problems. And if you can’t solve your problems you know that you can come to Papa or me. That’s what we’ve taught you and not fighting until it turns violent.”

 

“We’re sorry, Daddy.”

 

“Really sorry.”

 

Kris nodded. “It’s fine. But you seriously have to stop being so violent with each other.”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“Alright, let’s forget it. Have you thought of what you’d like to have for dinner?”

 

“Chicken!” Jongin instantly squeaked, throwing his arms into the air.

 

“No,” Sehun whined. “Not again!”

 

“But I like chicken.”

 

“I don’t want chicken!”

 

Kris sighed when the twins glared at each other. “Okay, stop,” he said. “Chanyeol. Honey, come here, please.”

 

Holding onto his favorite plush toy Chanyeol waddled over to his father and brother’s, adorable tilting his head. “Ya?”

 

“Honey, what would you like to have for dinner?”

 

Humming the boy thought for a moment. “Bao?” He then asked. “Bao is yummy.”

 

“Bao?” Kris asked, frowning in confusion.

 

“Bāozi,” Sehun explained. “He loves them.”

 

“When did you have bāozi?” The Chinese asked amazed.

 

“We have them a lot. Papa makes them.”

 

“Why do I don’t know this?” Kris mumbled to himself, truly surprised that Kyungsoo obviously learned how to make a chinese dish. “Well, then how about having chinese food for dinner?”

 

“Okay,” Jongin said. “What do you like best?”

 

“Oh, there’s a lot,” Kris said. “My grandma used to make a lot of great food.”

 

“Do you cook tonight, then?”

 

“No,” the father said, almost snorting. He was bad at cooking and him trying to make food would either end up with the house burning down or his children being poisoned. “We order.”

 

Finding the best chinese restaurant that actually also delivered food wasn’t as easy as expected but eventually Kris found a good place and the kids had a lot of fun picking out dished they wanted to try.

 

In the end he ended up with an order worth a hundred dollars but the Mafia boss gladly paid for it. After all it brought his kids closer to their chinese roots and him back memories of the old days when he himself was still a child.

 

After placing the order, Kris thought of using the time until the food arrived useful and got the boys ready for a bath. Sehun was already when he dropped a colorful bath bomb into the tub and Jongin was busily collecting toys.

 

Little Chanyeol sat on the floor, struggling with getting his striped socks off his tiny feet. He let out a whine and Jongin was fast by his side to help him. Kris watched as Jongin helped Chanyeol taking off his clothes and put them into the laundry hamper for him, smiling to himself.

 

Having all boys in the tub was an adventure, Kris painfully had to learn the first night he was alone with his sons. There was water splashing everywhere and it was loud. The twins were having a battle with their toy boats and Chanyeol squealed at each and every bubble that popped when he touched it.

 

It took Kris a good forty-five minutes until all three boys were washed, dried and dressed. “Really,” he huffed as he tried to comb through Chanyeol’s black hair after drying it. “Whom did you this curls from?!”

 

Trying to tame his youngest locks he gave up when the doorbell rang. Chanyeol was left with tousled curls but he couldn't care less. He was busy holding onto his, for his tiny body, giant Rilakkuma plushie as he waddled after his father.

 

The twins were already by the door, greeting the delivery man with bright smiles. “Oh, hey there.”

 

“Is that our food?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes,” the young guy nodded, smiling at the boy. “You seem to be hungry,” he said, holding up three white plastic bags.

 

“Yes,” Jongin chirped. “So hungry!”

 

Kris chuckled softly, grabbing his wallet from the dresser by the door. “Oh,” the delivery man voiced out when his eyes fell onto the black wallet. “You’ve already paid,” he said.

 

“I know,” the Mafioso said, fumbling a bill out of his wallet. “But you deserve a tip.”

 

“O-oh that’s very nice but-”

 

“It’s fine,” Kris smiled, urging the young guy to take a yellow bank note. “I’m sure you can use it well. And it’s almost Christmas, so go and get yourself something nice from it.”

 

“T-thank you very much, sir. Have a good evening. Enjoy your meal. Bye-bye, boys.”

 

“Bye-bye,” Chanyeol loudly chirped, waving his tiny hand at the delivery guy. “Bye-bye.”

 

The boys followed him, Kris when he carried the bags with their food to the kitchen and dropped them onto the tabletop. Helping Chanyeol into his chair, he started to unpack the bags.

 

“Daddy?”

 

“Hm?” Kris hummed. “What is it?”

 

“When you gave the man the money, you said it’s almost Christmas,” Sehun said. “Is it almost Christmas?”

 

“It is, yeah,” the father nodded.

 

“Really?” Jongin asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“But why don’t we have a Christmas tree?”

 

“And why are there no fairy lights?”

 

“Yes,” Sehun whined. “Where are all the Christmas lights?”

 

The twins look at him and Kris didn’t know what to say. “Uh-” He turned to where Kyungsoo had hung up a huge calendar and gazed at it. It was already the 18th of December and so far Kris didn’t even notice that there were no Christmas decorations at all. Normally Kyungsoo took over those tasks but as he was not there at the moment it was no wonder that the house wasn’t decorated yet.

 

“Can we make the house pretty?” Jongin asked. “Can we hang up the lights?”

 

Sehun agreed by nodding his head. “And can we get Christmas tree?”

 

“W-well-” The twins looked at him with wide open, sparkling eyes and there was no way Kris could’ve said no. “Y-yes, we can get a tree tomorrow and we also can decorate the house.”

 

“Yay!” Jongin and Sehun cheered and Chanyeol was squealing along even though he hadn't really paid attention to their conversation as he busy peeling off the sticker off one of the food containers.

 

“We’ll go tomorrow after breakfast.”

 

The rest of the evening the boys talked about nothing but decorating. While devouring their food they discussed on how big they wanted the Christmas tree to be and while brushing their teeth topic revolved about all the pretty fairy lights they wanted to hung up.

 

Kris knew the twins would be up early the next morning when he kissed them goodnight and so he went straight to bed himself after tucking Chanyeol into his crib.

 

As he already had expected Jongin and Sehun were up way too early the next morning, dashing into his bedroom and hopping into his bed to wake him up. “Daddy! Daddy! Wake up! It’s morning!”

 

He knew it was morning and yet Kris let out a slight groan when he rolled over to read the time. “Boys, it’s half past six. Are you crazy?”

 

Plopping down next to him, Jongin smiled at him. “Is half past six early?”

 

“Yes, way too early,” the Mafia boss mumbled.

 

“But we wanna go and pick up a Christmas tree,” Sehun announced.

 

Kris let out a painful huff when his son let himself fall on top of him. He wrapped an arm around him to hold him in place. “Boys, the place where we can get a tree won’t open before 10. Even if we leave around 9.30, you still have to wait for another three hours.”

 

“That’s so long,” Sehun grumbled.

 

“What can we do in that time?”

 

“What about staying here with me for a little while.”

 

“But we’re not sleepy anymore.”

 

“You don’t have to sleep,” the father said. “Let’s cuddle. At least until seven, okay?”

 

“Okay!”

 

Having both of his twins snuggled close, Kris found another hour of rest. While Sehun actually fell asleep again, Jongin quietly lay by his side, every now and then playing with the silver pendant of his necklace.

 

Around quarter to eight it was Chanyeol who eventually had him leaving the warmth of his bed. Walking over to his youngest son’s room, Kris broke into a smile at this sight of his baby boy standing in his crib, holding onto the wood struts with his small hands.

 

“Good morning, baby.”

 

“Good morning, Daddy,” Chanyeol beamed, lifting his arms so Kris could pick him up.

 

Chanyeol was a typical wanderer, twisted and turned a lot during the night, he had to wear a baby sleeping bag so he wouldn’t get cold during the night. Hence he was not able to climb out of his bed himself but had to wait until someone would get him.

 

“Daddy, pee.”

 

“Pee?” Kris asked. “Did you pee or do you have to pee?”

 

“Now pee.”

 

“Oh, the let’s hurry.”

 

At 24 months it was still fairly normal for children to wear diapers and so did Chanyeol. At least during the night. Having two older brothers he fastly learned how to use the potty and though he sometimes a little too late noticed that he actually had to pee, he was using the potty very well.

 

Taking off the sleeping bag, Kris pulled the boy’s pajama pants and down and opened his diaper. “Oh, all dry,” he voiced out. “Very good.”

 

Chanyeol gifted him a proud grin and sat down on the potty, doing his business. “We go buy Christmas tree?”

 

“Yes,” his father nodded. “We will go and get a tree today. Right after breakfast.”

 

“What eating for breakfast?”

 

His son’s question had Kris deeply sighing. “Well-”

 

Kris was for sure not the best cook walking on earth, he more was one of the worst. He hardly could open a can of Ravioli and warm it up and he knew it was somewhat embarrassing that he, the leader of a well functioning underground clan, could not cook but that’s how it was.

 

Kyungsoo had left him prepared food for the boys for lunch and dinner and as thankful as he was for it, he wished his spouse would’ve left him prepared breakfast as well. Only the other day the twins expressed the wish of having french toast for breakfast and it ended with them actually driving to McDonald’s to get something eatable.

 

“Let’s eat some cereals,” Kris suggested. “And some fruits.”

 

The twins were more than fine with having cereals, Chanyeol on the other hand stuck to nibbling on a banana as he wasn’t very fond of the crunchy breakfast cereals.

 

Breakfast was a quick deal and getting the kids ready went just as smoothly. The kids had their teeth brushed and clothes on in no time and while his kids gathered together their hats, gloves and scarfs, ready to go and finally get a tree, Kris went to the storage room to get the boxes with the Christmas decoration.

 

But as he looked for any boxes that were labeled as Christmas or even decoration, he couldn’t find any. Kyungsoo was a very organized man and so the storage room was clean, with labeled boxes neatly stacked up in the shelves and it confused Kris that he couldn’t find any boxes with decoration.

 

“Daddy! Let’s go!”

 

Scratching the back of his head, Kris left the storage room and went over to his kids. Kneeling down to help Chanyeol putting on his boots and thick Winter jacket, he gazed at the twins. “Do you know where Papa keeps the Christmas decoration?”

 

Jongin hummed. “In a box.”

 

“W-well yeah, I know that but do you may know where the box is?”

 

“No.”

 

“Sehun, do you know?”

 

Sehun shook his head, fiddling with his scarf. “Nopie.”

 

Letting out a sigh, the father stood back up and reached for his own coat. Not knowing where the Christmas decoration was brought a little problem along for him.

 

He either had the option to go and get a tree, then coming back home and finding the boxes with the decoration, or he just would go and buy new decoration.

 

And considering that his twins would probably flip tables if he couldn’t find the decoration, he decided to buy new one.

 

With all three boys strapped into their car seats, the family drove off to the Christmas tree farm. Sehun and Jongin were loudly singing some Christmas song they had learned in kindergarten and Chanyeol happily clapped along.

 

It was early but the farm was already packed with many people waiting for the gates to open. To not lose any of his kids while looking for a tree Kris went to borrow a sledge. Sehun took seat in front of his twin brother, wrapping his arms around his little brother who sat between his legs.

 

They giggled in joy when Kris started to pull the sledge through the snow. “Faster, Daddy!”

 

Speeding up a little Kris pulled them along all the way to the very back of the farm where they would find some big trees. They every year had a gigantic tree and Kyungsoo never brought home a tree under 2 meters, so Kris wouldn’t either.

 

It was the first time for little Chanyeol to actually expresince the Christmas tree shopping and so his eyes were wide open as they passed by the rows of full, green firs.

 

“Daddy, this one is pretty.”

 

Stopping in track, Kris looked at the tree Sehun and Jongin were pointing at. “This one?”

 

“Yes!”

 

The father breathed in. “That one is huge.”

 

“It’s pretty. Can we have this one?”

 

“But it’s so huge.”

 

“It’s nice.”

 

“Nice!” Chanyeol chirped along, beaming. “So nice!”

 

Gazing at the huge fir Kris hummed to himself. The tree was actually really nice. It was full and rich in color but it was so unbelievably huge. He was sure it would take away a lot of space. “Well,” he breathed out. “Alright. Let’s take this one.”

 

It took the help of two farm workers to get the tree onto the roof of his car and securely tie it down. The kids were happily hopping around his feet when he paid for their Christmas tree, gasping at the amount he had to leave for the tree.

 

“Can we make it pretty when we’re home?”

 

“We first have to go and get some decoration,” Kris answered Jongins question.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know where Papa put the boxes with the decoration, so we’ll go the mall and get new one.”

 

“All new?” Sehun wanted to know.

 

“Yes, all new.”

 

The boys were not to be hold once they set a foot into the mall and little Chanyeol fell twice as he tried to keep up with his big brothers. He huffed a little when Kris picked him up, carrying him. “Too fast.”

 

Kris chuckled. “Well baby, you’re legs are not as long as theirs yet. But you’ll get as fast as them one day.”

 

Chanyeol was set back to his feet when they entered the home decor store but unlike his brothers, who instantly toddled off, he stayed by his Daddy’s side. He looked around the shop, eyes sparkling at the displayed Christmas decorations.

 

Kris watched as his baby waddled towards one of the shelves, petting his tiny hand against one of the clear package full of light blue colored Christmas tree balls. Stepping forwards to his son, he crouched down. “Pretty?”

 

“Yes,” the boy nodded. “So pretty!”

 

Kris gazed at the package. The pack was huge, containing Christmas tree balls in many variations. Some of the icy blue balls were simply shimmering while others were matt and many glittering.

 

They were much different from the decoration they had all the previous years but Kris actually very much liked them. “Shall we take those?”

 

Grabbing two of the packages when Chanyeol nodded, Kris went to get a basket and then looked for yet another pack of Christmas tree baubles. He though mixing another color into the blue would come out much nicer than having the whole tree decorated in just ice blue.

 

Chanyeol helped picking out some silver and clear baubles and a string light, whose gave the optical illusion of having actual candles in the the tree.

 

With the actual tree decoration in the basket, father and son went to look for the twin. They found Jongin and Sehun the aisle for fairy lights and in the meantime they already had picked out a dozen different lights.

 

“Oh wow,” Kris whistled at the great amount of packages the two boys had taken out of the shelves. “That’s a lot.”

 

“Yes,” Sehun chirped. “This one is for the living room, this one is for the kitchen and this one is for the front door,” he said, pointing at some of the packages.

 

Nodding his head, Jongin continued. “This is for our room and this is for Yeollie’s room. And this one is for the hallway!”

 

Kris wanted to say no but he couldn't. Yes, it was a lot the twins had picked out but it wasn’t more than they actually would have anyways. During the Christmas season Kyungsoo always transformed their home into a cozy, indoor winter wonderland with soft light glowing in every corner.

 

There would be lights in the windows, a wreath on the coffee table and small, wintery decoration items everywhere. That his son’s wanted to copy that was truly no surprise to him.

 

The eldery lady at the check-out was so nice to give Kris a 15% discount on his entire purchase but it didn’t change much on the fact that he had to pay a small fortune for everything.

 

As it was already lunchtime when they finally left the home decor store, the father decided to grab a quick meal at the mall. Stopping at a place where the twins could create their own little pizza with all the toppings they liked and Chanyeol was able to munch on a bowl of mashed potatoes, Kris granted himself a big cup of black coffee.

 

Feeling his phone vibrating in the pocket of his his pants, Kris reached for it. His lips curled into a smile at the message he had gotten from his spouse. Texting Kyungsoo back, answering his question on how they were doing, he raised his phone to snap a picture of his kids.

 

Kyungsoo was fast on replying, wishing them a good time, telling Kris that he’d call them later during the evening.

 

After the kids were properly fed, the family left for home. Chanyeol was already dozing off on their way out of the mall and was deeply asleep when they arrived at home. He didn’t wake up when Kris undressed him, so the father brought him into his room to lay him down.

 

He came back to the twins being already busy unpacking the shopping bags. “Oh no, we have to wait until Chanyeol wakes up.”

 

“Aw, why?” Jongin pouted.

 

“We don’t want to wait,” Sehun complained with a whine.

 

“Well, but it would be unfair so we’ll wait,” Kris said. “In the time Yeol sleeps, I can get the tree in and build it up.”

 

The twins were not very pleased with their father’s decision but they made the best out of the situation and went to their room to play. Kris used the quiet time to bring in the bought Christmas tree. Much to his luck he had bought a new stand at the tree farm as he couldn’t find the one they already owed. Just as all the boxes with the Christmas decoration, the tree stand had mysteriously disappeared as well.

 

The tree the boys had picked out took away quite a space and it’s top almost touched the ceiling but the longer Kris looked at the fir, the more he liked it. He was sure it would look quite nice all spiced up with the baubles they bought.

 

The quietness that had fallen over the house did not last long. Just as Kris had cleaned up all the pine needles that had fallen off the tree, a high pitched cry sounded up. “Ow!”

 

A deep sigh escaped the man and he quickly went to the twins room. Sehun and Jongin sat in the middle of their room, holding onto each other’s hair. “What is going on here?”

 

Jongin was first to let go and cried out. “Sehunnie started it!”

 

“I did not,” Sehun grumbled, pulling at his twins hair.

 

“Sehun,” Kris gasped when Jongin screeched in pain. “Let go of him!”

 

“I did not start it!”

 

“You did!”
 

“I don’t care you who started,” the father huffed. “Why are you two always so violent with one another? What’s with all this hair pulling, kicking and hitting all the time?! Really, we did not raise you like this.”

 

The twins lowered their heads.

 

“Both of you, come along.”

 

Without saying a word the siblings followed their father all the way to the living room.

 

“One of you sits there and one of you over there,” Kris said, pointing at both ends of the couch. “And I don’t want to hear a word from you.”

 

He had them sitting there in silence for only ten minutes but it surely had the effect he wanted it to have. Once he told them that they could leave again, they apologized and quickly hurried back to their room.

 

For the remaining time Chanyeol was napping Kris didn’t hear another single sound from his twins. Chanyeol was still a little drowsy and had his head rested against his Daddy’s shoulder when Kris fetched him from his room and brought him to the kitchen.

 

“Baby, do you want some tea?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“Oh, no tea?” Then how about some milk? Milk and cookies.”

 

This time the boy nodded and Kris chuckled. He was sure Chanyeol only agreed to having milk because he’d get a cookie with it but it was better than him drinking nothing at all. Ever since their youngest had reached an age where he could eat solid foods, Chanyeol quit on drinking. Nobody knew why but he wasn’t simply drinking, so Kyungsoo and Kris had to bribe him into drinking anything at all everyday. Even in summer.

 

Grabbing a bottle of milk from the refrigerator, Kris gathered together four cups and some cookies. “Can you go and get Sehun and Jongin?”

 

Chanyeol toddled off, immediately calling out for his older brothers. “Hunnie! Nini! Cookies!”

 

Bringing everything to the living room, Kris sat down on the floor by the coffee table and waited for his sons to join him. Chanyeol took seat right in his lap while Sehun and Jongin took place on each side of the table, right next to him.

 

While having a glass of milk and some delicious cookies, the family discussed on how they wanted to decorate. Saving the tree for last the twins decided to start with hanging up the fairy lights and of course Kris had to start in their room.

 

Unlike his brothers who had an exact imagination on how the lights should’ve been hung up, Chanyeol was happy to at least have a light of his own in his room. The twins had picked out a soft, warm glowing fairy lights with little moons and stars for their baby brother and Kris absolutely adored it.

 

“Well done,” he praised his sons, earning himself some wide grins. “So, what’s next?”

 

“The living room.”

 

In the living room a dozen of led snowflakes found their way up into the large floor-to-ceiling windows. Chanyeol loudly squealed everytime a star was hung up and he happily clapped his hands when Kris dimmed the lights and switched the stars on so they could see what they looked like, lit up.

 

“Awesome,” Sehun cheered and Jongin nodded in agreement.

 

“Well, then I guess it’s time for the tree, huh?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Kris hadn’t considered that glass baubles and children didn’t mix that well and so about five of the newly purchased Christmas tree balls broke within the first ten minutes of decorating.

Lifting the twins up so they could hang up the baubles in the upper part of the tree, little Chanyeol focused on decorating the lower parts of the tree he could reach.

 

“No! Not this one!”

 

Jongin's sudden loud outburst had Kris flinching and Chanyeol breaking into tears in shock. Big drops of tears dropped onto his rosy cheeks and his little shoulders started to shake.               

 

“Jongin!”

 

“I’m sorry, Daddy. I didn’t mean to.”

 

Bringing Chanyeol into his arms, Kris rubbed his back to calm him down again. “Why did you do that?”

 

“I-” Jongin pursed his lips into a pout and mumbled. “He already took so many sparkling balls-”

 

“But that doesn’t give you the right to yell at him like this. You quietly could’ve told him to take another one.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine,” Kris said, sighing. “But for real, you really need to learn to lower your voice a little. We’re not deaf and Papa and I taught you to quietly voice it out when something is bothering you.”

 

“Y-yes,” Jongin said, gazing to the floor.

 

“You too,” the father said, looking at his other twin child.

 

“Yes, Daddy,” Sehun said.

 

The twins continued decorating the tree, Chanyeol on the other hand had lost joy in it after Jongin yelling at him. He clung to Kris and didn’t want to let go of him. “Are you sure you don’t want to help them?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. He held onto his cookie with both hands and frowned at his older brother. “No.”

 

It took the twins another thirty minutes to finish decorating the Christmas tree and by the time they were done, it was almost dinner time. “Alright babies,” Kris spoke up to get their attention. “Before we have dinner I’d like you to wash up and put on your pajamas.”

 

Sehun was fast to let out a long drawn whine. “No-”

 

“Oh yes,” the father said. “You woke up very early today and I want to have you ready for bed before you get sleepy.”

 

Kris knew the twins were a handful when they were tired and he really didn’t want to have another dispute with them, so the earlier he had them in their pajamas the better.

 

Putting away the empty decor boxes Kris brought his kids to the bathroom. Sehun was still sulky about the fact that they had to wash up so early and was acting up a little. “Sehun, please.”

 

“But I don’t want to!”

 

“But I want you to.”

 

Stomping his feet, the boy loudly huffed. “No!”

 

“Oh. yes.”

 

“No!”

 

“Sehun, please behave,” Kris warned. “I don’t like this behavior. I’d like you to wash up now.”

 

“No! I don’t wanna!”

 

“Okay, young man. One more time and you go in time-out.”

 

Sehun kept shut, not responding in words but he stuck out his tongue at his father, causing Jongin to gasp in shock over the action.

 

“Alright, that’s it.” Kris stood up pointing out of the room. “Off you go.”

 

Sehun stomped out of the room and the Mafia boss followed him, stopping him right in front of the twins bedroom. “You’ll stay here and think of what you’ve just done. And I don’t want to hear a single word from you.”

 

The boy lowered his head and started crying when his father stood back up and turned away to go back to the bathroom.

 

Kris let Sehun standing in time-out until he had washed and dressed Chanyeol and went to get the younger twin when Jongin and Chanyeol toddled off towards the kitchen. Kneeling back down in front of Sehun, Kris chucked him under the chin. “Look at me, please.”

 

Sehun gazed up.

 

“Do you know why I put you time-out?”

 

The boy nodded.

 

“Sehun, there’s nothing to it to get wash up and put on pajamas. It doesn’t even take five minutes.”

 

“I know.”

 

“And sticking out your tongue at me is rude.”

 

“I-know,” Sehun sobbed. “I’m sorry, Daddy.”

 

“Apology accepted,” Kris said, embracing his son when Sehun stepped forwards. “Then please wash up now, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

Sehun was fast to wash up and change into his warm pajamas and joined the rest of his family in the kitchen, sitting down on his chair. “What’s for dinner, Daddy?”

 

“Papa prepared some stew for us, so we gonna have that tonight.”
 

Chanyeol whined a little. “Miss Papa. When Papa home?”

 

“Oh baby, I already told you. He’ll be back on Monday.”

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips into a pout, mumbling something inaudible to himself.

 

To lift his youngest mood again Kris started to talk about Christmas and Santa, asking what kinds of presents his sons wished for. Soon the kitchen was filled with happy chatting, the boys telling her father what they had dreamed of to have for Christmas.

 

While little Chanyeol’s wish for a new plushy was quite modest, the twins were dreaming much bigger. They wanted to have a railway with at least two train stations and two trains, not to forget some buildings to create towns and villages so they could send each other’s towns goodies.

 

Santa bringing presents for them was topic the rest of the evening until they went to bed. For another half an hour Kris could hear his twins talking through the closed bedroom door, but quickly after he tapped onto their door they went silent.

 

And while the two older of his three children then fell asleep, Chanyeol had a hard time drifting off to dreamland. When Kris went to check up on his son one more time, the boy was still awake. “Baby, it’s time to sleep.”

 

“Scawy,” Chanyeol chirped out in his cute voice, pouting.

 

“Alright, come here.”

 

Lifting Chanyeol out of his crib, Kris carried him over to the living room. Sitting down on the couch and leaning back the man laid his son onto his chest, rubbing his back. Chanyeol sighed softly and much to Kris pleasure the boy eventually fell asleep.

 

Not to disturb his slumber Kris didn’t move, apart from continuously caressing his back. Closing his eyes the Mafioso fell asleep as well, only startling back awake when a rustling sound coming from the front door broke the peaceful silence the apartment lay in.

 

Frowning at sound Kris adjusted Chanyeol in his arm and stood up from the couch. Quietly walking to the entrance hall he gazed at the door. There was definitely someone trying to come through the locked door and his senses told Kris that this someone was not coming with good intentions.

 

Not wasting any time he turned away from the hallway and went back to the living room to fetch a gun he had kept hidden in one of the dressers. With his son in one arm and a loaded gun in the other had, Kris went back to the entrance hall. Hiding in a dark corner Kris waited for the front door to finally open.

 

He raised his gun the moment the door sprung open and slowly opened. There was no light coming from the outside hallway, so he couldn’t properly see who was entering his private rooms.

 

Not knowing the actual height of the unwanted visitor Kris lowered the gun a little so he at least would hit a sensitive spot in case he actually had to fire the weapon. Turning his head a little he listened to any sounds coming from the front door. Waiting for any footsteps it were word that eventually flew at him.

 

“How dare you to have gun in this part of the house?!”

 

Gasping in shock, Kris quickly lowered the gun. “K-kyungsoo?!”

 

“Who else?”

 

Stepping out of the corner, Kris reached to switch on the lights of the hallway. As soon as the light flooded through the entrance hall the figure of his husband appeared. Kyungsoo had two bags in his hands and a deep frown on his forehead.

 

“Wu Yifan,” the younger growled when his eyes fell onto their sleeping son. “Having a gun hidden somewhere here with the kids being around is one thing but facing a possible intruder with our son in your arms is nothing but insane. How dare you?!”

 

Kyungsoo was whispering but his voice was filled with nothing but pure anger and Kris didn’t know what to say. There were not many things he was afraid off but an angry Kyungsoo was for sure one of those things.

 

Dropping his bags to the ground, Kyungsoo stepped forwards and took Chanyeol away from his husband. “Get this thing out of here.”

 

Kris nodded and Kyungsoo watched him leaving the apartment, deeply sighing when the man had stepped through the door. Shaking his head he went further into his home, softly gasping at all the set up Christmas decorating. He broke a smile at the sight of the fully decorated Christmas tree and the glowing snowflakes windows.

 

Carrying Chanyeol over to his room he laid him down into his crib. “Oh, what is this?” He whispered to himself, reaching for a hair tie that held together the front part of his youngest unruly locks. It took him three attempts to free Chanyeol’s hair from the messily wrapped rubber band but luckily the npy did not wake up.

 

Kris was not back yet and so Kyungsoo went to check up on his twin boys. The boy’s rooms was dipped into a soft light, coming from the fairy lights that were hanging in the window. Sehun was all sprawled out while Jongin was curled up, hugging his blanket. Turning away, Kyungsoo closed the twin’s room door when he heard his husband coming back to the apartment.

 

He met him in the living room, watching as Kris set the begs he brought home to the floor. “A gun, Yifan? Really? A gun in here? How dare you? Where did you even have it?”

 

Clearing this throat, Kris rubbed his hands together. “It was hidden in the drawer of the dresser.”

 

“In that dresser?”

 

“Yes, the drawer has a double bottom.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned. “I’m truly angry right now. I told you I don’t want to have any guns or other weapons in here.”

 

“I know,” Kris said. “I’m sorry, babe.”

 

“I get that we probably will never be a hundred percent safe because of your occupation but still-” Kyungsoo grumbled. “And why would you carry your baby while facing a possible intruder.”

 

“I d-don’t know. It just would’ve been enough time for me to br-I don’t know. I’m sorry, babe. Please don’t look at me like this. I know I did wrong.”

 

The younger let out a deep breath. “Just don’t bring a gun here again. I swear, I’ll cut off your head if you do that again.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t doubt that,” the Mafioso whispered, letting out a careful chuckle. “I missed you,” he then said, pouting a little.

 

Kyungsoo had to laugh at the dumb his husband made and shook his head. “I was gone for less than a week.”

 

“Less than a week too long.” Kris took a careful step towards Kyungsoo, taking yet another one when the younger gifted him a smile. He reached out for Kyungsoo and pulled him into an embrace. “I’m really sorry,” he again apologized.

 

“You’re forgiven.”

 

Pulling back Kris leaned in for a kiss. A sigh escaped him when Kyungsoo tilted his head upwards, deepening the kiss. “It’s nice to have you back home.”

 

“Hm, I see you have done quite good without me,” Kyungsoo smiled. “That tree is huge.”

 

“Oh yeah, the boys spotted that giant right away.”

 

“What’s with the decoration? With all of it? It’s all new.”

 

“Yeah,” Kris sighed. “Cost me a fortune.”

 

“Why did you buy it all new?”

 

“I couldn’t find the other deco.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned in confusion. “It’s in the basement, in the two big card boxes. It’s label too.”

 

“It’s in the basement?” Kris asked, eyes widening. “Well, I didn’t go down there to look for it. I went to the storeroom.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out. “So this was why you were in the mall with the boys?”

 

“Yes,” the Mafioso noded. “We ordered food the other evening and I gave the delivery guy a bigger tip, telling him to get himself something nice for Christmas and the twins caught up on it, asking if it would be Christmas soon. Well, and then they wanted to decorate and I couldn’t find anything. So we went shopping.”

 

“Wow,” Soo voiced out. “Well, I have to praise you. It looks really nice.”

 

“Oh, don’t praise me. Praise our babies. Sehun and Jongin picked out all the lights and Yeol picked out the Christmas tree baubles.”

 

“Oh really? He picked out the glitter balls?”

 

“He did,” Kris smiled. “He also made great progress with potty training. He had a dry diaper for past three nights.”

 

“That’s very pleasing to hear,” Kyungsoo smiled. “What the hell did you do to his hair, by the way?”

 

A deep sigh left the father. “I’ve got no idea how you do that but his hair is a crazy mess. Whom did he get his curls form? Like really.”

 

“Well, I tie it up too but what you created there was a knot and not a ponytail. We need to practise that.”

 

“Yeah,” Kris said, nodding. “I’ve got to learn a lot, to be honest. Babe, this last week was rough. I never knew how much work you put into raising and dealing with our children and I feel so bad for not knowing what you do everyday.”

 

“You had a rough week?”

 

“Daddy I want to eat this, Daddy I want to drink that, Daddy here, Daddy there,” Kris spoke up. “Sehun and Jongin fought just as much as they nicely played with each other and all inbetween Yeol wet his pants a couple of times. And how the heck to you manage bath time? Do you grow another pair of arms or what?”

 

A chuckle rolled over Kyungsoo’s tongue. “Seem as if though Mafia boss Kris Wu had his hands full, huh?”

 

“More than full. There were moments I felt as helpless as I never felt before.”

 

“You don’t give yourself not enough credit,” Kyungsoo smiled, reaching up to gently caress his husbands cheek. “You’re doing much better than you think you do. And just look at all this, you did this. You took the boys out to get a tree and all this decoration.”

 

“Well, it didn’t go without any fight though.”

 

“The twins fought while decorating the tree?”

 

“No,” Kris said. “Nini got mad at Yeol for putting to many of the sparkling baubles next to each other and yelled at him.”

 

“Oh, really? That’s very unusual of him. They normally never get mad at Yeol.”

 

“Maybe he was tired and therefore a little moody. I mean, it was a long day after all.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “Still surprising.”

 

“Yeah,” Kris agreed. “But let’s forget that. How has your week been?” He asked and gently pushed his love towards the couch to sit down.

“It was exhausting. My father’s back is actually worse than thought. He got emergency surgery but the doctors are sure he’ll need one more.”

 

“Oh, that sounds bad. But why are you here though. I thought you’d come on Monday.”

 

“I wanted to but I couldn’t take it anymore. Both of them were stressing about unimportant things and totally lost focus on what’s important right now. It was just too much,” Kyungsoo said. “Also, I missed you and the boys.”

 

Just as he had mentioned the kids a cry sounded up. Kris smiled. “I’ll go and get him.”

 

Kyungsoo watched his husband leaving and cooed at his son when Kris came back with Chanyeol in his arms. “Honey, what’s wrong?”

 

Chanyeol made grabby hands and whined until Kyungsoo took him away from Kris. He fisted his little hands into Kyungsoo’s thick sweater and sobbed a little.

 

“What’s wrong, honey?” He asked again.

 

“Scawy-”

 

“Scary?”

 

Kris frowned when Chanyeol gave a nod. “He’s said that earlier too. Right after I brought him to bed.”

 

“Maybe it’s the fairy lights,” Kyungsoo said, gazing at his slowly calming down son.

 

“But it’s better than the room being completely dark, isn’t it?”

 

“But the stars throw shadows. Maybe it’s the shadows he’s scared of.”

 

Kris hummed. “Well, I didn’t think of that. Shall I go and switch it off?”

 

“No, let him fall asleep first.”

 

Kris wrapped an arm around his love while Kyungsoo cradled their son and Chanyeol slowly doze off again. He enjoyed the moment but it was yet interrupted by the twins creeping out of their room.

 

“Papa,” Sehun squeaked, hopping onto the couch.

 

Kyungsoo instantly hushed him. “Why are you not sleeping?”

 

“We heard Yeollie crying,” Jongin answered, approaching the couch. He rubbed one of his sleepy eyes and went to Kris when his Daddy held a hand out to him, climbing into his lap.

 

“You need to go back to bed,” Kyungsoo said. “It’s late.”

 

“Don’t wanna,” Sehun pouted.

 

“Honey, you’re tired.”

 

“But I wanna stay with you.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “I won’t go anywhere, I’ll be there with you right after you get up in the morning.”

 

A little sulky, Sehun gazed down. “Okie.”

 

“Come,” Soo said, handing Chanyeol over to Kris. “I’ll bring you to bed.”

 

Kris followed his family and brought Chanyeol back to his own bed, this time switching off the fairly lights before also moving to the twins room. He watched Kyungsoo kissing their two older sons goodnight and then went to their own bedroom with him.

 

Kyungsoo quickly changed into some sleeping clothes and then joined his husband to bed, laying down next to him. A deep sigh left him. “It’s good to be home again.”

 

Softly smiling Kris scooted a little closer and ressed kiss to the younger’s forehead. “It’s good to have you back home,” he said. “We should get some sleep. I’m sure the boys will be up early as hell since they know you’re here.”

 

A chuckle left Kyungsoo. “Oh, I’m sure they will.”

 

Laughing along Kris kissed Kyungsoo’s lips. “Goodnight, babe. I’m so glad you’re home. Don’t ever leave me again, please.”

 

“I try not to,” Soo giggled. “But you really should give yourself more credit. You’re an amazing father and you’re doing a great job,” he said. “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”