Touch

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A reaper she said. Like a grim reaper? Hanbin is? Then images of the dead bodies i saw the other night flashback into my mind. I'm almost forgetting that Hanbin's the one who killed those people.

"What's going on?"

We all turn and see Hanbin with a tray full of delicious food. My eyes automatically rest on his gloved hands. Hanbin looks at the siblings but they remain quiet. Finally, Hanbin gives up and moves to put the tray in front of me but i suddenly flinch and move away from him.

"Kim Jisoo-shii." Hanbin tries to approach me but i back away again.

I can feel all the eyes around the great hall on us. I know we're making a scene right now so i run outside and the last thing i heard from Hanbin is his curse.

I run and run until i reach the darkest part of the tunnel. I stumble and fall. I gather myself up and feel a stinging pain on my left knee. I know i should've worn my jeans. Exposing my legs like this makes me look like a e.

"Kim Jisoo-shii!"

I hear Hanbin's voice. I turn and see him standing not too far from where i am. I try to run again but ends up stumbling forward. Stupid knee! Hanbin immediately runs towards me and grabs hold of my hand before i could've fallen.

My eyes widen. I unintentionally push him away and he looks surprised.

"I--" i stammer. "I'm sorry."

Hanbin looks angry and i suddenly feel scared.

"What is it?" He asks. "Did those two tell you something unnecessary?"

I gulp and face him. "They told me who you really are."

"And who am i exactly?"

I hesitate. "A killer and a murderer."

Hanbin grimaces and i suddenly feel guilty. I shake my head. Why are you feeling guilty Jisoo-ah? It's true. He's a killer. He killed those people the other night, remember?

"Do you really think, i am that kind of person?"

"Well, it's true isn't?" I practically shout. "I saw you. You killed those innocent people the other night! How am i supposed to think otherwise?"

Hanbin's lips draw into a thin line. "I didn't kill those people because i wanted to. I killed them because it's my job. I have a duty to protect this country, to protect you!"

I flinch. What does he mean? Did he mean that those people were not innocent? Were they criminals? Spies? I shake my head.

"It doesn't matter." I counter. "The point is you've killed people, Kim Hanbin-shii. However you think of it, it's still wrong."

"Do you think i don't know that?" Hanbin rakes his hair in frustration. "I don't want to kill people but no matter how hard i try, my stow keeps me otherwise."

I'm taken aback. Hanbin raises both his hands and takes off his leather gloves. He's staring at them with so much hatred.

"I'm a reaper. I leave deaths on my wake." Hanbin laughs bitterly. "This is my stow, my curse."

I know i should be scared of him. I'm not stupid to realize that myself. But the thing is, i'm not and that's what scares me more.

I try to approach Hanbin and reach out to touch his hands but he withdraws. I try again and this time, Hanbin stands still.

He might've killed people before but it doesn't mean that he's a bad person. I know it because i can see it in the way he takes care of Bobby and Jennie, how he carefully manuevers himself around the people so he won't have to touch them and the way he looks at me right now. He looks torn and... hurt? I've never seen this part of Hanbin before. All i know about him is that he's a badass bestowed and not to mention scary. All the people around him are scared of him.

My right hand finally makes contact with his left and i feel him shiver under my touch. It feels warm. It's not a hand of a murderer. It's a hand of frustrated young man who can't escape his fate.

I can't imagine how lonely he must be. With his stow, he's feared and hated by the people around him. He's being isolated not only from the humans but also from his own kind. So unfortunate. I suddenly feel something wet escapes from the corner of my eye. Why him? Why does it have to be this kind of stow?

"Kim Jisoo." Hanbin reaches out with his right hand and brushes the tear away from my cheek. "Why are you crying?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. I'm sorry. Ugh! I'm such an idiot."

I sniffle and i catch Hanbin, smirking. I frown and pull my hand away from his.

"What's so funny?

"Nothing." He smiles at me.

Hanbin reaches out to brush my lose strands and tuck it behind my ear. I blush. Hanbin then brushes my cheek with the back of his hand.

"You don't know how long i've waited to be able to do this."

Hanbin turns to look to me. I swallow.

"You're the first woman who made me feel this way." Hanbin says. "You're the one who made me realize that despite this curse, i am still allowed to feel this kind of emotion."

Hanbin walks closer towards me until our bodies can finally feel each other's warmth. I can hear Hanbin's ragged breath. He's so close!

"I didn't know that being able to touch someone like this can be so intoxicating." Hanbin carefully grabs my chin and ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter