Recall

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Years Ago:

"Where is she?" I scream while trying to force myself through the soldiers blocking the ER.

"Calm down Mino-ah." Jinwoo grabs me by the arms. "The doctors are already treating her inside."

I grit my teeth. "What happened to her?"

"Something went wrong during her test." Jinwoo answers. "They were trying a new type of drug on her but her body couldn't handle the side effects."

"Damn it!" I kick the nearest vending machine and it becomes dented.

Just then a group of blank soldiers comes running in. There are three of them. They look like they just came in from a mission since they're still holding their weapons. I immediately recognize one of them. I can feel my anger rising up again. I charge at the guy and drag him against the wall.

"Where were you?" I shout at him.

"Mino-ah!" Jinwoo tries to pull me away from the guy but my grip on his uniform's hem is too strong.

"Hey!" This time TOP-sunbae helps Jinwoo. "Get off of him!"

I let go of the guy who looks lost and shaken. He slides down against the wall and unto the floor. He stares at the double door of the ER, looking tired and helpless.

"Dara-ah." GD-sunbae whispers.

"GD!" CL-sunbae runs to his side. "Are you okay?"

"How long are you going to stand and watch them hurt her?" I accuse. "Do you even love her that much?"

GD-sunbae's head turns towards me. "I love her!" He shouts. "I love her so much that i'm actually doing this for her. She made me promise. And i intend to keep it till the end."

I scowl. What does he mean? What promise?

"We're losing her!" We all hear Professor Psy yelling inside the ER.

"No!" GD-sunbae scrambles to his feet and runs towards the door. "Dara-ah! Sandara Park!"

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" TOP-sunbae is able to stop his friend before the other soldiers stationed by the door could've grabbed him. "Calm down. They're trying to save her right now."

"No! Don't leave me Dara-ah!" GD-sunbae is crying now. "Jaebal!"

"Oh god!" I hear CL-sunbae exclaim. She's trying to hold back her tears.

"Mino-ah." I feel someone pat my shoulder. I turn and see my bestfriend, Jinwoo. "Are you okay?"

I don't know what to answer. I can't feel anything or even hear anything. I feel empty. The red light above the double doors of the ER catches my attention. Someone is dying in that room. Dara-noona  is inside that room fighting for her life. I bite my lip really hard that i can finally taste blood.

"Yah! Mino-ah!" Jinwoo grabs my shoulder and makes me turn towards him.

"I'm not going to tolerate them anymore." I grit my teeth. "They've gone too far this time."

"Yah, what are you thinking?" Jinwoo whispers. "What are you going to do?"

I look at my old friend. "Prepare yourself Jinwoo-ah because hell will break lose soon."

A few days later:

"Noona, how're you feeling?"

It's been days since that life and death situation fell on Dara-noona and thankfully, she survived it. She's still bed-riden though and weak.

"Mino-ah." Dara-noona smiles. "You came again."

"Of course." I smile back. "I can't miss a day without seeing you noona."

Dara-noona laughs and hits me playfully by my arm but it's too weak compare to her previous beatings. I suddenly feel sorry for her. She's not getting better at all.

"Noona," i grab her hands with mine. "Let's get out of here."

Dara-noona's eyes widen. "What are you saying Mino-ah? You know what will happen once you escape from this place. They'll hunt us down and ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter