Sacrifice

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I puff a sigh, looking at the guy lying beside me. I frown when i can't seem to wake him up from his deep slumber.

"Hey! Wake up!" I keep shaking Chanwoo. "I said wake up!"

I finally slap Chanwoo across his face and i hear him groan. He stirs and finally opens his eyes.

"Thank god!" I exclaim.

"Lisa?" He asks, squinting.

I help him sit up. Chanwoo shakes his head, trying to send the grogginess away. He looks around, scowling. He's trying to remember something.

"What happened?" He finally asks me.

I sigh. "You were knocked out by the enemy rogue."

Chanwoo's eyes widen. "That's right! The rogue!"

Chanwoo quickly gets up and scans our surrounding.

"Where is he?" Chanwoo then turns towards me, remembering something. "And you! Are you okay? Did he do something to you? Did he hurt you?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine."

Chanwoo looks confused. "Then what happened to that guy?"

"He just left." I tell him.

"He left?" Chanwoo asks, looking confused as ever.

I nod. "After knocking you out, the Rogue decided to let me go and left. I can't exactly go after him and just leave you behind."

Chanwoo scratches the back of his neck, looking sorry and embarrased. "Sorry about that and thanks."

I try to smile. "Nah. I should be the one to say that. Thank you for trying to save me back there."

Chanwoo smiles back. "Well, it didn't turn out exactly as i expected but yeah, don't mention it. We're all friends here right?"

"Aww~" i reach out to ruffle his hair. "You're a good kid Chanwoo-ah."

"Yah." He warns.

"Hold on." I pout. "Why aren't you calling me noona when it's clear that i'm a year older than you? Rosé and i have the same age but you call him noona."

Suddenly we hear these alarms blaring. We look down nervously when we feel the earth beneath us shaking. The whole place is now clad in a flashing red light.

*****

"What the hell?" I hear Junhue behind me. "What is it now?"

We're still in the middle of our fight with the Sniff when this sound suddenly interrupts us. The Sniff looks down at his watch.

"!" The Sniff curses.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk. I think i might already have an idea of what's going on here. An idea suddenly pops up inside my head.

"What?" I ask the Sniff who just keeps on staring at us nervously. "Are you in a bit of a hurry?"

The Sniff gulps, shifting his hockey stick on his hands. "Don't get me wrong mate. It's not like i'm scared to die or anything but if you don't want to die here, i suggest you start packing and leave before your 15 minutes are up."

I hear Junhue gasps. "Oh my god!"

Junhue is about to run but i pull him back, grabbing the hem of his shirt. He makes a choking sound before turning to face me.

"Didn't you hear him?" Junhue whispers. "He said this place is going to blow in 15 minutes. We need to get out of here before it's too late!"

I glare at Junhue and he immediately purses his lips, gulping. I turn to the Sniff who's getting worried and uncomfortable by the minute that passes by.

"I'm not the kind of guy who lets his prey slip away." I tell him and the Sniff gapes. "I'd rather die than let you get away."

"Well, not me." Junhue whispers, rolling his eyes. "I didn't ask for this."

I ignore him. "This is actually not a bad idea. Why don't we all die in here?"

The Sniff is starting to sweat now. He keeps tapping his foot on the floor while biting his nail. "Yah! Are you really that desperate to catch me?"

I just shrug and lean on the wall like i don't care.

"Yah." Junhue speaks loud enough for the both of us to hear. "Are you out of your mind? Do you really intend to die here?"

"Shut it." I warn. "I know what i'm doing."

I look back at the Sniff. "It's your choice. It's either you let us capture you or we all die in here."

The Sniff groans. He keeps looking around, trying to look for his way out no doubt.

"Save it." I tell him. "There's no way we'll let you escape from here."

A few more minutes have passed and we just keep on standing in the middle of this empty hallway.

"Ten minutes." I try to break the silence.

"Oh god! We're all going to die." Junhue heaves a nervous sigh.

"Fine!" The Sniff shouts. "Do whatever you want with me just get me out of this goddamn place."

Junhue's jaw drops and i just smirk at him. "What did i just tell you?"

*****

"What's going on?" Jinhwan struggles to balance himself.

The floor beneath us starts to shake violently. All the lights around us also begin to flicker then an alarm is suddenly triggered.

"Yah!" Jinhwan glares at the Elemental. "Stop making the floor shake or we're all going to die here!"

"It's not me!" The Elemental says, wide-eyed. "I don't want to get buried with you down here."

"He's telling the truth." I tell Jinhwan. "I think there's something else that's causing these quakes."

"!" We hear the Elemental curse.

I turn towards him and immediately read what his mind is thinking. My eyes widen and turn to Jinhwan.

"We don't have much time." I tell him. "We have to get out of here. This whole place is going to blow up in 15 minutes."

"What the ing hell?" Jinhwan isn't able to control himself anymore. He usually doesn't say these kinds of words, especially if he's around strangers.

I turn around facing the Elemental. "If you want to live, i suggest you follow us."

"Yah." Jinhwan's eyes widen. "Are you out of your mind? Are seriously inviting this guy to come with us?"

I glare at Jinhwan. "We're not like them. We don't let people die, not if we can help it."

Jinhwan sighs and doesn't say anything back. I shift my attention back to the Elemental.

"The hallway connecting this part of the facility to the other side had collapsed." I tell him. "The only way you can get out of here is if you come with us willingly. My friends and i are the only ones who know the way out of here."

"Why would i trust you?" He squints his eyes, studying me. "What if it's a trap? How would i know if you're telling the truth?"

"We all want the very same thing." I say. "To live and reunite with our friends."

*****

I'm panting really hard. I pause to catch my breath. I look up and see that my brother is also doing the same thing. There's steam everywhere. Everytime our stows make contact, the whole place gets to cover by it. I turn to my left to check up on my sister. Jennie is still there, standing and looking lost.

My sister seemed to be really shocked and shaken after she found out that our long lost brother is fraternizing with the enemies so i told her to stay out of the fight. I let a growl escape from me. I really hate to see my sister acting like this and this is all my brother's fault. I charge at Jinwoo-hyung, tackling him.

My brother and i are still in the middle of our fight when we hear someone scream. We all turn towards its direction and scowl when a girl suddenly comes out from the girl's bathroom. She's making a scene, grabbing her hair and pulling it. She looks like she's in pain.

"Hayi-ah!" Jinwoo-hyung runs towards the girl and restrains her. "What's wrong? Talk to me!"

But the girl suddenly loses her consciousness.

"Hayi-ah!"

I can feel Jennie behind me. She reaches out to touch my arm, clinging herself unto me. I look down at her and she seems freaked out of the girl.

"Hayi-ah, please wake up."

We suddenly feel this tremor, causing us to hold on to each other. A falling debri is about to fall on my brother and the girl. I unconsciously reach out and burn it into a crisp before it could've touched them.

Jinwoo-hyung's eyes widen. I blink before looking away.

"Don't get any wierd ideas." I reason. "I didn't do it for you. I did it for Jennie."

Jennie suddenly looks up at me and bites her lower lip before smiling. Jinwoo-hyung grunts when he tries to lift the girl up. I grimace when i notice the burn on his left side that's causing him some pain.

I look down at my sister and she gives me a meaningful look. I smile and ruffle her hair before separating myself from her. I approach my brother.

"Here, let me carry the girl." I say.

My brother just stares at me, blinking. He looks awed and happy at the same time. He actually looks like he's trying to suppress his smile.

"Hurry it up before i change my mind."

"Oppa, give her to him." Jennie nudges our brother. "You're hurt and not fit to carry her. We have to get out of this place as soon as possible or we're all end up getting burried here."

Jinwoo-hyung winces before handing the girl to me. Jennie helps me placing the girl behind my back. She then turns to our brother.

"Here." Jennie uses her stow to treat Jinwoo-hyung's burn.

"Jennie--" Jinwoo-hyung stutters.

"I'm not mad at you for leaving us back at the orphanage." Jennie cuts him off. "The fact that it was actually the Organization that took you and the others is to blame for that."

Jinwoo-hyung bites his lip.

"But the fact that you never came back for us hurts a lot." Jennie's voice starts to tremble. I start biting my own lip while looking away. "And now this? Why are you even helping them?"

"You don't understand." Jinwoo-hyung reaches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter