Keepers

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hurry it up!" The voice shouts. "Walk faster!"

The owner of the voice pushes me and i stumble forward.

"Aish... Yah!"

What is his problem? He can't actually blame me for stumbling down since my eyes are covered.

I feel the guy pulling me back up. I straighten myself and continue walking until we finally stop. I hear a whirring sound and feel a door opening in front of me.

"Oh? You're here already?" I hear another voice.

"Where's he?" The guy holding me asks.

"He's inside." The other guy answers.

Damn it! Jongsuk already warned me about this and told me to be ready but i still got overwhelmed when some random guy had suddenly approached me in an abondoned alley and rendered me unconscious. Is sigh. Oh well, this is all part of the plan anyway.

We finally stop and i feel the guy beside me reaching out to unfasten the cloth covering my eyes, revealing six people; five guys and a girl.

I squint at the sudden brightness. The guy beside me is still holding me in place.

"Where am i?" I look at the guy at the center.

I try keeping my expression neutral.  To be honest, I've actually been in this kind of situations for many times before and i pretty much got used to it already. It's actually part of my job.

"And who are you people?" I add.

The man at the center smirks. "That's odd. For a normal person like you, you seem rather calm."

I flinch. Aish... This one is sharp.

"Yah! I'm a man." I try to reason. "Men shouldn't act scared in front of a lady."

I turn to the only girl present around at that time. The girl just furrows her eyebrows, trying to study me while the blonde guy beside her glares at me. He's trying to hide the girl behind him.

"Enough chit-chat." The guy in front of me growls.

I gape. Kids these days sure know how to act cool. I look at him and he stares back at me. For a moment i'm breathing just fine but after looking at the guy's eyes, my breathing becomes shallow. My chest contracts. My head starts to throb and my vision starts to blur.

"Now tell me how you got this." He asks.

I look up and see Jisoo's necklace. That's right! Before losing my consciousness, I remembered the guy who's currently holding me searched something in me. That must be it.

"Give-" i gasp.

The guy blinks and i'm able to breath again. Damn these bestowed.

"I'll be careful if i were you." The guy behind me whispers. "Mino's a really impatient guy. You don't want to get into his bad side."

Mino. So that's his name.

"Oppa." The girl speaks and all the guys turn towards her. "There's something wrong with him." The girl then steps away from the blonde guy. "I can't see clearly through his future."

I arch an eyebrow. Don't tell me she's a seer too? Jongsuk didn't warn me about this. This isn't good. Then i notice all the eyes resting on me. Suddenly the guy with the raven hair grabs the hem of my shirt.

"Just who are you?" The guy grits. "And who are you working for?"

"Yoonie-ah!" The gentle-looking guy warns and the guy called Yoonie releases me.

"Tch."

"Do you think he's working for them?" The blonde guy asks Mino. It seems like Mino's the one in-charge.

"I think he's one of them." The gentle-looking guy speaks. "And when i say them i meant the Keepers."

My eyes widen. How did he know about us? The gentle-looking guy might've seen my expression because he suddenly smiles at me.

"I'm right all along."

"Are you sure Jinwoo-ah?" The guy behind me asks.

I bite my lip. No one is supposed to know about our existence.

"What are they exactly?" The girl asks the guy called Jinwoo.

"They're called protectors." Jinwoo answers. "They're blanks who are trained to protect the bestowed whom they swore their allengiance to. In other words, they're a group of people who worships bestowed and opposes the Organization who're trying to hurt their 'gods'."

"So they're basically a secret organization?" The blonde guy asks.

"More like a cult if you ask me." Yoonie gives me his disgusted look."

Jinwoo shakes his head. "Not exactly. They're actually everywhere, hiding and poking around in others' businesses. It's actually my first time seeing one. They're a very secretive bunch after all. You usually find people like him inside the government, hiding, disguised as military officers and even inside the Den although it seldom happens."

"Heol." The guy holding me exclaims.

Mino looks at me for a moment then rests his gaze at the necklace he's holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter