Cursed

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Kim Hanbin!" I hear my friend calls for me. "Are you even listening to me?"

I scowl at Jiwon. Jiwon is Bobby's real name. We use these other names when we're outside doing a mission for the organization or whenever we are face to face with our fellow soldiers. And we're now on our way back to our den where the others like us are waiting.

"Yah, Kim Hanbin. Are you okay?"

I haven't notice that Jiwon's still talking to me. I'm currently preoccupied about the girl we came across with a while ago

"Don't call me that outside the den." I scold. "You know the rules. No one should know about our existence."

Jiwon rolls his eyes. I turn around the corner where an abandoned train station is located. We head underground the tunnel until we reach a huge metallic door.

"Don't you think it's kind of typical having an underground station as your sercret hideout?" Jiwon smirks.

Jiwon then heads towards the small indention on the wall. He places his tattooed wrist on it. We then hear a whirring sound coming from the inside and the metallic door suddenly opens.

"After you." He mocks bowing his head.

I ignore him and head inside. We are now inside another tunnel. We walk for another 15 minutes until we finally reach the heart of the den. A young woman with a blond hair greets us and gesture for us to follow her. We oblige.

"You're Lee Chaerin codename: CL right?" Jiwon asks the blonde.

The woman throws us a glance.

"I heard you're one of the elites." Jiwon continues to annoy the woman soldier. "Your squad's supposed to be outside doing a mission right now. Are you okay with staying here with just some lame guarding duties assigned to you?"

Just then, the blonde turns to us with her fiercest glare that makes us flinch. I nudge Jiwon to be quiet and he obeys.

We are brought to a military facility found inside the den. Human soldiers are running back and forth with their riffles slung behind their back and i can see some of them throwing us their curious looks. No, it's not curiousity that's driving them to look at us. It's fear. They're afraid of us, of our kind.

"Stupid blanks." I hear Jiwon mumble beside me.

We stop in front of a door and the soldier standing guard opens it for us. We enter. A man in his middle thirties greets us. He gestures for us to sit but we choose to stand where we're at.

The man sighs. "Did i do something wrong to you boys that you wouldn't even accept my gesture of good will?"

"Only your gratitude will suffice." I answer.

"Look, we're all comrades here and we need each other in order to survive." The man says. "We need you to protect this country and you need us to protect you."

I can feel Jiwon shaking beside me. I look at his hands and it balls into a fist. He's angry.

"Look, General Park. We just came in here to give our report. If you just want to talk about this all over again then we're leaving."

"Hold on." General Teddy Park stops us from leaving. "Fine, go ahead."

Both Jiwon and i turn to face him again. We straighten ourselves before giving the report.

"Kim Hanbin, codename B.i of S class together with Kim Jiwon, codename Bobby of A class are here to give the report about the runaway traitors." I begin.

I see the general nodding to himself.

"There are a total of ten traitors the higher ups ordered for us to eliminate including the former justice secretary who participated in the plot of killing the president."

"We encountered the targets around 9 o'clock this evening in the outskirts of kangnam-do." Jiwon adds. "The targets then divided themselves and went to different directions."

"That's when Bobby and i chose to split up and finish the job." I finish.

Jiwon throws me a once-over look. I know what he's thinking. He's thinking about the girl we encountered that night. He must be wondering why i haven't told the general about her yet. I give him a meaningful look and thank the heavens he understands.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter