Target

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mino-ah!!!"

I hear Dara-noona's voice. I turn and see her running towards me. I look around and everyone inside the great hall is watching us. She's smiling from ear to ear. She's practically jumping up and down, squealling.

"Mino-ah, look!" Dara-noona shows her elegant silver necklace with a black pearl as a pendant.

"Wow." I act impressed. "Exquisite."

Dara-noona pouts. I laugh.

"Don't be mean Mino-ah." Dara-noona keeps looking at her necklace, admiring it. "Jiyong gave it to me last night."

I flinch. Seriously, i shouldn't be surprised at all since they're already in that kind of relationship.

I've always liked and admired Dara-noona since i came here in the Den. She'd always visit us in our room and gave us some treats after our tests. She cares for us more than anyone in the facility. She knows what it's like to be experimented. She understands us because she's one of us.

"I was so nervous last night when he told me he needed to talk to me." Dara-noona continues. "I thought he's going to break up with me."

"What? That's crazy!" I force a laugh. "GD-sunbae will regret it for the rest of his life if he ever tries to let you go."

"You think so?"

"Of course!" I grab both of her shoulders. "You're beautiful, sweet and kind. Everyone here knows that."

"But i'm different." She grimaces.

Argh! I really hate it when she's making that face. If given a chance to be with her, i will make sure to make her smile everyday for the rest of her life.

"It doesn't matter." I tell her. "He loves you and that's what matters."

Finally, i see a smile escapes from the corner of .

"That's better." I poke her cheek.

"Yah! Mino-ah!"

I flinch when i hear my name. I turn and see Seunghoon staring at me. I did it again.

"You okay man?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't i be?" I continue walking.

We are now on our way to our target's house. Since we already got a target, we decided to do some reckoning. I brought Seunghoon with me since he's the perfect man for this job.

"This is it." Seunghoon says. "This is the place Hayi told us."

I look around. It's pitch black and everyone's seemed asleep. I move and start climbing the fire exit. Seunghoon follows. We finally reach the window of the room and try opening it but it's locked.

"Here, let me try."

I let Seunghoon take over. He gets something out from his hair. I notice that it's a hairpin. What the hell is he doing with that kind of thing?

Seunghoon eyes me. "Relax, Hayi gave it to me earlier. She said my hair is kinda messy."

Ah! Hayi. Figures.

"We're in." Seunghoon enters the room.

I follow him inside. I take in my surroundings first before going around the place. It smells like a girl in here and it's actually kind of familiar.

"Yahhh.." Seunghoon whistles. "I didn't know our target's a total babe. Why did Hayi leaves that part of the detail?"

"What did i say about touching things?"

I knit my eyebrows and head towards my friend. He's holding a frame and i take it away from him. I'm supposed to put it back but something has caught my eyes. I take a closer look at the picture.

"Hey! You're doing it too." Seunghoon pouts and picks up the next thing his hand can get a hold of.

I can feel my heart pounding. I can see the girl. She's hugging an older guy. He must be her brother. I can see it in the way the guy s his arms around the girl's waist, lifting her off the ground. She's beautiful alright especially when she's smiling like this but that's not what i'm surprised about. Around the girl's neck is the very same necklace Dara-noona had when she was still around.

"Mino-ah!" Seunghoon calls. "Someone's coming."

I shake off my daziness and immediately put back the frame on the table. We hurriedly hide ourselves; Seunghoon hides under the table while i choose to hide behind the heavy curtain.

"I told you she's not here." A young man barges inside the apartment unit. He's talking to someone over the phone. "I've tried calling her for how many times now but her phone always goes straight to voice mail."

The young man begins to rummage through the stuff around the apartment, looking for something.

"I'm trying!" The young man rakes his hair. "Then why don't you come here and look for her yourself? It's  your sister that's missing for god's sake."

He pauses. "Hold on. Something's not right."

I flinch. I clench my fists. Does he know that we're here? I see the young man moving towards the table where Seunghoon is hiding. ! I look around, thinking how i can distract the man from finding my friend. Then i see a stray cat just outside the balcony. That's our way out! I concentrate and focus my stow towards the poor thing. I hate to be rough on it but i have no choice. Seconds after i make eye contact with it, the cat starts to screech and spasm. The young man flinches.

"!" He curses. "It's nothing, It's just a stupid cat."

I exhale.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter