Call

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hanbin-ah!" I hear Jisoo calling for me but i ignore it. "Yah! Kim Hanbin!"

Jisoo grabs my arm and pulls me. I groan and turn towards her.

We are now on our way back to the Den. I let Bobby go on ahead with Taeyang-sunbae while i accompanied Jisoo to check on her friend at the cafe but it turned out that he was not around when the attack happened.

"What is your problem?" Jisoo knits her eyebrows.

I scoff and look at her accusingly.

"What's my problem?" I take a step forward and Jisoo flinches and takes a step backward. "You're my problem!"

Jisoo gapes. "Hey that's kind of unfair."

"Unfair? Me? I'm being unfair to you now?" I sigh. "Look, I already told you. You leave this kind of matter to me. I'll find a way to get you out of there myself. All i'm asking from you is to trust me."

"But--"

"I don't want something like this to happen ever again." I reach out and caress her face. "I don't want you getting hurt. I hate the idea of you putting your life in danger."

I feel Jisoo shake. She inhales and reaches out for my hand that touches her face. She holds it tightly.

"I'm sorry if i lied to you and never told you about my plan but.." Jisoo looks at me. "Somehow, i have to do something about it on my own."

I scowl.

"You don't have to feel responsible for me. I chose to be here."

"Jisoo-ah--"

I want to argue more but Jisoo suddenly hugs me.

"Please, let me help." She whispers. "By all means, I'm not stopping you of helping me look for a way out of there but i also want to do something for my own self for once."

I close my eyes and hug Jisoo back. I kiss the top of her head. God! Why does she have this kind of effect on me?

"I don't want you getting yourself into trouble because of me." Jisoo breaks away from the embrace. "From now on, i want you to think of what is best for your own good."

I smirk. "Why? Are you that worried about me?"

Jisoo rolls her eyes. "Don't get ahead of yourself Kim Hanbin-shii. You're my ticket out of the organization after all."

I smile and pull her towards me for another hug. I comb her hair with my fingers and whisper something that makes the two of us surprised.

"I love you."

What did i just tell her? ! I was being swayed by my emotion and told her the first thing that popped up inside my head. I'm sure Jisoo is freaking out right now.

I feel Jisoo flinch but she doesn't move to break away from my embrace. I'm still waiting for her reply and almost give up on the idea when Jisoo answers me back.

"I love you too."

My eyes widen. Jisoo pushes me and looks at me in the eyes. She's blushing terribly. She bites her lower lip and when she can't contain her embarrassment any longer, she tries to hide her face with her hands.

I laugh.

"Yah!" Jisoo shouts. "Why are you laughing?"

I pinch her cheeks. "You're so cute."

Jisoo scowls. I loosen the hold on her cheeks and study her face. I don't know, i should be happy right now that Jisoo feels the same way about me but i can't shake off the feeling that somehow this happy feeling will not last long.

"Warsh whrung?" Jisoo asks and i can't help but laugh.

I let go of her cheeks and pull her for another hug. No matter what happens, i'll protect her even  if it means sacrificing own myself.

*****

"There they are!"

I turn and see Lisa, Rose and the others running towards us. I turn to Hanbin and he smiles at me reassuringly. He squeezes my hand before letting me go.

My heart flutters. Ah! I can't believe i'm with this man now. I first met the guy surrounded by dead bodies he killed for crying out loud! I should be terrified dating this guy. But the way Hanbin looks at me, the way he takes care of me and worries about me, i can't help but mesmerize on how he can act ordinary considering the fact that he's not your any other typical guy. His friends consider him a great guy and i do too. He's not selfish and always considers the other's well-being, one of the many reasons why he's still stuck in here. He can't leave the others behind. He's willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Maybe that are just some of the many reasons why i fell for him.

Hanbin turns to the soldier and reports something while Lisa pulls me away from the gathering crowd.

"What was that?" Lisa eyes me suspisciously.

I scowl. "What what?"

Rosé smiles knowingly and she and Lisa exchage giggles and amused looks. "We saw that."

"You saw what?"

"Noona!" This time, Chanwoo and Junhue join us. "What happened out there?"

"We saw Bobby-hyung earlier carrying Teayang-sunbae." Junhue says while fidgeting.

"Aish! Yah!" Lisa pulls me away from them. "Can't you see we're still talking to her?"

"Calm down Lisa-ah." Hyunhyeong appears with Jinhwan and Jennie. "We're just worried so we have to ask."

I see Lisa flinch and lets go of my arm. Hyunhyeong eyes me, no, it's more like he's trying to read my mind. That's it! I almost forgot that he has the ability to read minds. Then my attention shifts towards Jennie who is obviously glari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter