Hunt

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The captain loses his consciousness.

"!" I curse.

I look around, panicking. I don't know what to do next. I stand up and grab my hair in frustration. Come on Kim Jiwon! Think! What would Hanbin do? I bite my lip and pluck my phone inside my pocket.

"I need the people from the Den to know what happened here."

"Tsk tsk tsk. What a mess."

I turn when i hear someone speak.

"Who's there?" I stand firm and brace myself for an attack.

My gaze falls to a man who emerges from the shadows. I scowl. He doesn't look dangerous to me at all. He's just some middle-aged man who happens to wander around the area wearing only an old orange jumpsuit. I relax.

"Yah!" I point at him. "Ahjussi, you shouldn't be here."

The man ignores me and kneels on the nearest body lying lifeless on the ground.

"Yah!" I shout. "If you don't want to get into trouble, i suggest you get out of here when there's still time."

"Are you the one who killed these people?" The man stands and looks at me.

"Wah!. Are you crazy?" I scoff. "Why would i kill our own men?"

I pause.

"Hold on." I cross my arms and glare at the man. "Why am i having this conversation with you? Yah! Ahjussi, i'm warning you now, you don't wanna mess with our business. You should actually be thanking me right now. The people i'm working for are not that fond of witnesses."

"And who exactly are these people you're working with?"

"Trust me, you don't wanna know." I fake a yawn. "Now off you go before i change my mind of sparing your life."

The man laughs. "You know, for a recruit such as yourself, you're cockier than i expected."

I gape. What the hell? How did he know i'm a recruit? Who the hell is this man?

"..Therefore i'm assuming that you're not just a recruit." The man studies me. "A bestowed perhaps?"

My eyes widen.

"Bingo." The man smiles at himself.

I hiss. My relaxed composure before is now replaced by wariness. I squint and try to study the man in front of me.

"Relax. I'm not an enemy." The man says. "I'm actually one of you guys."

"How would i know if you're really one of us?" I raise an eyebrow. "I haven't seen you in my life."

"Ah! About that." The man laughs nervously and rubs the back of his neck. "That's actually my fault. I'm actually trying to hide from the geezers. I really don't like how those old men think."

I scowl.

"I spent most of my life wondering around, looking for kids who have the potential to be bestowed." The man shares.

Hold on, i think i already heard it somewhere. A high-ranking officer whose face is unknown to most of the recruits, the man behind the Special unit and the mind behind the Elites' force. I think his name is..

"Aishh.. I really wanted to extend my vacation but it seems like Teddy-hyung has his hands full with you guys. So i decided to help out for a change."

My jaw drops. I can't believe i'm seeing the real guy for the first time. I thought he's just a legend. I flinch when the man suddenly grabs my hand ang begins to shake it.

"Commander Kim Jungsik." The man introduces himself. "Codename Tukutz. Nice to meet you."

I smile awkwardly. "Kim Jiwon, codename Bobby."

The man releases my hand and turns around. "Now that its been taken care of... Yah! You can come out now!"

I scowl once again. A moment later, two people come out behind the conveyor machine. The guy who looks like my age is standing in front of the girl protectively.

"It's okay Chanhyuk." Commander Tukutz smiles at them. "You're safe now."

The Commander then faces me. "I found them a few days ago being chased by bad guys. I saved them and decided to bring them to the Den."

"But Commander," i try to lessen the volume of my voice. "Will the Higher-ups agree to this? I mean they're civilians."

"Agent Bobby." The Commander sighs. "Do you know the reason why they were being chased?"

I scowl. "No. And why would i know that? It's my first time meeting them."

The Commander blinks. "Good point. Well, they were being chased  because they're different from them."

I pause and look at the two people standing not too far from us. They look like a mess. The guy is glaring at me while the girl hiding behind him is just looking at us curiosly. I think i already got the idea.

"It seemed like you already knew."

Commander Tukutz turns around and beckons for them to approach us. They carefully manuever themselves towards us.

"Bobby, these are Lee Chanhyuk and Lee Suhyun." The Commander introduces. "They're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter