Anomaly

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blank girl losses her consciousness after hitting her head pretty hard on the concrete pavement. I curse under my breath when i see the bastard getting away. I really want to beat the crap out of him but i choose to stand down and help the girl instead.

I kneel down beside her. She's out cold. I pull my leather gloves out from my back pocket and try wearing it once again but i pause thinking of something ridiculous and crazy.

I look back at the girl lying in front of me. I want to confirm it with myself. I extend my right hand towards the girl. I know it's a huge gamble but i'm willing to take it. She might be the only key to my cursed life.

I touch the girl's hair first then run my fingers through the strands. I hear her groan. I let my fingers linger on her smooth brown hair for a little longer and finally caress his soft skin. I shiver. It's my first time touching someone like this with my bare hands.

The girl stirs and i finally just realize that she's still alive. My eyes widen. I didn't kill her. No, i can't kill her. My stow doesn't affect her. My hunch is right after all. She's not just a blank. She's special. She might even be like us.

I look at the girl one last time. I have no other choice. There's only one way to find out and that means having to bring her to the den.

*****

"Back off!"

I hear Hanbin's angry voice. That's new. I seldom see him get angry but when he does, you have to steer clear ahead. He's a whole lot different from the usual Hanbin you see. How do i know? Simple. I've been friends with that er for the longest of time.

I crane my head to see what's happening. I notice that there are a lot of people around the great hall and they're all eavesdropping.

I finally see Hanbin standing by the metal gate and is surrounded by some armed men. My inner instinct kicks in. I run my way towards my friend and put myself between him and these motherers.

I've always been protective of Hanbin. He's already like a brother to me and my sister. You may not know this yet but Kim Hanbin was always the one who saved us back in the days by volunteering himself every time the organization came to pick someone from us to use for their experiment.

"Are you blanks deaf or what?" I glare at the soldiers surrounding us. "Didn't you hear him to back off?"

"Kim Jiwon." There's warning in Hanbin's voice.

I know what he's trying to say. He wants me to back down. He doesn't want me to get involved in his mess.

I turn to look at him and just realize that he's not alone. On his back is the very same girl we came across with last night. She's hurt and unconscious.

"What the hell's happening in here?" We all hear a booming voice and turn to see Agent Lee Chaerin or CL as what most people here call her.

A soldier comes running towards her and reports. We can't hear what they're talking. We're just looking at them, not letting our guards down.

"B.i, what's the meaning of this?" CL asks. "Why did you bring a blank civilian here?"

I move to confront her but Hanbin pulls me back, shaking his head.

"I'll tell you everything but first, this girl needs treatment."

CL eyes him suspisciously but chooses to do the right thing. She calls for a medic. The medics then take away the girl from Hanbin and head towards the medical facility.

Hanbin then turns towards me. "Go." He says, tilting his head towards the retreating shadows of the medics. "I want you to keep an eye on the girl."

I nod and leave to follow the girl.

*****

I feel like my head's going to burst. I want to open my eyes but they feel heavy. What time is it? I still need to go to work. I also need to apologize to Se7en-oppa for causing some scene with Jackson yesterday. Jackson. I suddenly get up and immediately regrets it when dizziness suddenly hits me.

"Good. You're finally awake."

I turn and stiffle a gasp when i see an unfamiliar face sitting on a chair beside me.

"Hanbin actually came here a while ago to visit you with some doctors who did some tests on you." The stranger continues.

His voice actually seems kind of familiar. I know i heard it somewhere before.

"Who are you?" I ask. I look around and realize that i'm not in my room. "Where am i?"

"O-oh. Don't tell me you got amnesia?" The guy scowls. "Hanbin won't like it."

I frown.

The guy then smiles at me and extends his hand. "The name's Jiwon by the way. Kim Jiwon. But you can also call me Bobby."

I gape at him. I'm totally lost h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter