Clash part 1

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I secretly groan. I keep tapping my right foot against the concrete pavement while looking at the guy squating in front of me.

"How do you do it?" I ask out of no where.

I see Hyunhyeong flinch. He turns to face me and stares at me for a long time. I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to answer me. I know exactly what he's doing right now. That's right you . Read my mind. Hyunhyeong rakes his hair and sighs in frustration.

"Lisa please, let's not do this right now. It's not the right time."

We're actually quite busy right now. We're currently in the middle of scouting the surroundings of the YG Power plant.

We received a tip a month ago from an anonymous person that the rogues will be targeting and attacking one of our Facilities. That is why we're making our rounds to these places everyday.

CL-sunbae and the giant idiot, Junhue are in the middle of checking the other side of the building for any signs of explosives that the enemy might've implanted, leaving me and Hyunhyeong to tend to the other side.

"When exactly is the right time?" I grit my teeth. "We can't exactly talk back in the Den since you're obviously avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you." He can't even look me in the eyes. The jerk.

"Really?" I scoff. "Yah, Song Hyunhyeong."

"It's Yoyo." He corrects. "We're currently outside doing a mission so concentrate on that one first."

I'm taken aback. I bite my own lip and turn around. I hear him sigh behind me.

If you don't want to talk then just listen. I'll do all the talking.

I wait for his reply but he doesn't say anything back.

You knew all along that i have feelings for you but you didn't say anything back. I thought at first that you're not just ready yet but it's been five years Hyunhyeong, five years!

Hyunhyeong turns to face me. "Then, you shouldn't have waited."

My eyes widen. I feel hurt.

"My feelings for you will never change." Hyunhyeong adds. "I can only see you as a sister."

"That's bull!" I shout. "How can you treat someone that has feelings for you as a sister?"

"Lisa!" Hyunhyeong raises his voice and i'm taken aback.

When he sees my reaction he tries to compose himself first before talking again.

"It's my mistake. I should've just told you to forget about your feelings for me a long time ago." Hyunhyeong sighs. "I didn't mean for you to wait. I thought that you'll give up eventually when i try to ignore you and your feelings."

My lip quivers. "How can you say that?"

Hyunhyeong's eyes widen. He might have realized what he had just said. He looks sorry but he doesn't say anything back to ease the pain i'm currently feeling.

"Don't expect me to apologize or console you." He says while looking away. "I don't want to lead you on anymore. It's better this way."

I turn around. I wipe my tears away and am about to run when i suddenly feel the earth beneath us shake. I stumble but Hyunhyeong is fast enough to grab me by my shoulders to steady me.

"What's going on?" I ask, particularly to no one.

"The rogues are here." Hyunhyeong answers.

Just then, this horde of masked men appear, surrounding us. We back up a little bit and get our own weapons. Hyunhyeong's a fine swordsman. He wields two swords, each on his hand. I also chose to wield a sword but i can only handle one.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" Two men come in front. Unlike the others, they wear full masks.

"Let me guess." The other masked man points at me then at Hyunhyeong. "The Sniff and the Reader."

My eyes widen. How did they-- i bite my lip, realizing the truth. I can't believe it. Jisoo really did betray us.

"Hmmm... A Sniff like me huh?" The man who spoke earlier laughs. "Taehyun-ah, looks like Jisoo's right."

"!" I hear hyunhyeong curse beside me.

He hurriedly reaches out to touch his earpiece but it suddenly flies across the field including mine.

"." Hyunhyeong curses again. He lowers his voice. "We have to warn the others."

"What do you mean?" I whisper back.

"I happen to read their minds earlier." Hyunhyeong grits his teeth. "This is only a diversion. They're not after this facility. They intend to blow up the YG Drug Manufacturing Facility instead."

*****

An hour before the rogues' attack:

I sigh once again. This is getting boring. We've been scouting the whole place for hours now and there are no signs of the rogues anywhere. Even TOP-sunbae is now just lounging around, playing with his rifle. I turn and see Donghyuk scanning the surroundings below us, deligently. I look around the place. We're currently on top of the building for our patrol. I shiver when the night, cold air passes us. I look up to see the stars shining brigthly. Ah! This is kind of refreshing. I stand and stretch. I want to go to the building's edge to have a glimpse of our surroundings.

"Don't wander off too far." Donghyuk tells me. "I won't be able to hide your presence from the enemies."

"Don't worry." I try to smile. "I won't."

He turns around and continues to study the surroundings. I become curious and choose to join him. I study him and i can't help but wonder what's going on inside his head right now. If only i have Hyunhyeong's stow.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Donghyuk faces me. "Rosé?"

I blink and turn away, looking above. I shift the bundle of arrows behind me and adjust the bow that's slung across my shoulder. I notice Donghyuk, checking up his gun.

"Why don't you use two guns at a time?" I suggest. "I think you have higher chances of hitting your targets that way."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter