Prelude

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the is going on?" I shout.

The alarm that keeps blaring non-stop is starting to hurt my ears now. I turn to the others and they also look uncomfortable by it. They're trying hard to cover their ears.

Right after the General left the conference room, Commander Tukutz decided to postpone the meeting. The others who were still in there immediately left but the others like CL-sunbae, Seungri-hyung and the Commander himself chose to stay behind. I also left and decided to head back to the Stow quarters to tell my fellow Bestowed of what we have just discussed inside the conference room.

"Something's wrong." Hyunhyeong says. "The blanks outside are in a state of panic right now."

I scowl before turning to the new guy, Chanhyuk. "Check it."

Chanhyuk nods back and in a blink of an eye, he disappears. Chanhyuk and his sister, Suhyun are both class b Bestowed. Chanhyuk can teleport anywhere his mind can see while Suhyun has the ability to move things with her mind.

After half a minute, Chanhyuk finally returns, looking troubled.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Some unknown people broke in." He answers.

"What? But that's impossible!" Junhue shrieks. "It's a ing YG headquarters! No one should be able to break in."

"Well, some people just did!" Chanwoo counters.

"Yah! This place is a ing dungeon, man!" Junhue tells his bestfriend. "And no one gets in or out of here."

"Oh god!" Rosé covers her ears. "Stop swearing you guys!"

"I was just saying." Junhue glares at Chanwoo.

"Shut the hell up or i'll rip that mouths of yours off of your faces!" Jinhwan glares at the younger ones.

"Jin-ah, stop scaring the kids." Hyunhyeong whispers when he sees Suhyun hide behind her brother.

I sigh. Ah! This is tiring. So this is how Hanbin felt like when he was still alive. How did he even try to bear this responsibility alone? I laugh bitterly and everyone stares at me.

"Ah! I really miss that motherer."

"Hyung, are you alright?" Chanwoo asks.

I keep laughing.

"Oh my god!" Junhue turns to Jennie. "Your brother finally lost it!"

Jennie rolls her eyes before walking towards me. Everyone gasps when she suddenly slaps me.

"Oww!" I reach out to touch my swelling cheek and glare at my sister. "What was that for?"

"Oh! Good. I thought you really lost it that time." Jennie crosses her arms. "So what are we going to do now?"

"We can't even reach the sunbaes." Lisa starts to fidget. "It looks like the communications are down."

I keep glaring at my sister while rubbing my hurt cheek until i notice that everyone is now looking at me intently. They all expecting something from me. I bite my lip. I'm not Hanbin. I don't know how to lead. I can feel my fists clenching at my sides. But, this is the time that i have to step up.

"We do what we're best at." I smirk. "It's time to kick some butts out there. Tell these motherers they chose the wrong Den to hangout."

My friends start to cheer. We all get out of our quarters to join the fray. There's chaos everywhere. There are our people fighting aginst these people wearing gas masks.

"Aaahhhh!" Junhue immediately dives in to the horde with his metal staff as his main weapon.

"That idiot!" Jinhwan also joins in. He uses his high frequency voice to render the nearest enemies unconscious.

Lisa and Hyunhyeong nod at each other before brandishing their swords. Chanhyuk grabs the nearest enemy and teleports to a high place, then drops him. Suhyun is using her telekinesis to blow anyone away who tries to approach her or Rosé who is just standing beside her, nocking her arrows. Chanwoo is using his super-strenght to knock his enemies down like a bulldozer. And there's Donghyuk. Damn! He's really kicking some butts out there. No doubt, he's the most badass Bestowed you can see in this place. Even without using his Stow, Donghyuk can easily knock his enemies down. We're somehow thankful to have him on our side. Jennie on the other hand keeps piercing her enemies with her icicles. I'm about to help my friends when one of the masked men blocks my way.

I scowl. "You sure you want to take me on?"

The man never respond. He just choose to attack first. I grunt when i'm suddenly blown away. What the hell? What just happened? I stand and face the man standing in front of me. I summon a fire and try to send it towards him but he suddenly disappears and reappears behind me.

"Miss me?" The man asks then kicks me.

I struggle to get back up. I shake my head to bring my senses back. I glare at the man.

"If you want to beat me, you have to be a lot faster than that." The man taunts me. "Oh, come on! You might have already noticed it by now."

My eyes suddenly widen. Is it possible? Is this guy a Bestowed too? I look around. Are they all Bestowed? Where did they come from? I look back to see some of my friends facing their own enemies. I curse before screaming.

"Be careful!" I shout and some of my friends turn towards me. "Some of these motherers are Bestowed!"

"What?" Jennie freezes her enemy and gapes at me afterward. "Give me a break!"

"Oh god! I think this guy i'm facing right now is one!" Junhue wields his metallic staff and hits his enemy right at the balls. "Opps, maybe not."

"Dickhead!" Lisa rolls her eyes before swinging her sword at her enemy.

"Bobby-ah!" Jinhwan catches my attention. "There's one marking Rosé!"

I growl. "Don't let them get near her! She's the only Healer we have!"

"On it!" Chanwoo immediately runs towards Rosé.

I turn my attention back at the enemy that's in front of me. "How many of you are here?"

The man laughs. "Are you serious? Why would i tell you that?"

"Then maybe you can answer this one instead." I scowl. "What kind of stow do you have?"

"Hmmm. Since you're going to die anyway, i'll answer that question for you." The man crosses his arms. "I'm a type D Bestowed. I have superspeed as my Stow."

"Superspeed huh." I scoff. "You know what? You're too cocky for a type D Bestowed. You're just some bastard whose head got a little bigger just for throwing a few punches at a type A cutie like me."

The man suddenly has gone quiet. I might've hit a nerve there. I take my stance, preparing myself for the attack. In a blink of an eye, i find myself getting blown away again. I hit myself against the wall and fall. The lights around the place flicker.

"Man! That hurts!" I groan, trying to regain my balance.

The speedy guy doesn't stop there. He grabs the helm of my jacket and punches me over and over again. After a few more punches, i'm finally able to get a hold of his wrist. He looks surprised.

"My turn." I sneer.

The speedy guy screams when his wrist starts to smoke. He falls on his knees. I let go of his burnt wrist and punch the guy across his mask-covered face. I hear him groan. I also kick the man on his gut over and over again until he finally loses his consciousness.

"Bobby-ah!" I turn and see Rosé running towards me. "You're hurt! Let me heal you."

I wince when i try to smile. Then, the speedy guy who i thought is unconscious suddenly gets up and grabs Rosé.

"You bastard!" I grit my teeth. "Let her go!"

The guy scoffs. He gets a knife and points it at Rosé's neck. "Don't move or i'll slit your Healer's throat."

Chanwoo and the others immediately stop. The enemies surrounding us begin to seize our weapons from us and assemble us in one place, forcing us to our knees.

"Now that you've got us surrounded and weaponless, let her go." I glare at the speedy guy.

The guy just laughs in return. He presses the knife even more towards Rosé's neck and it starts to bleed.

"Yah!" Chanwoo's eyes widen.

Being the childhood friend of Rosé's, Chanwoo is the most worried among us all. He tries to charge at the guy but Junhue and Donghyuk pull him back.

"Fine then." The speedy guy throws his spare knife towards Chanwoo. "Kill your leader with this and i'll let the girl go."

Chanwoo's eyes widen. He turns to look at me and back at the guy again. "No."

"Then the girl dies." The speedy guy presses the knife again on Rosé's neck and we hear her whimper.

"No, wait! Stop!" I stand up and one of the enemy soldiers pushes me back on my knees.

I can feel my jaw clenching. If only glares can kill, this motherer might've been dead already. I take a deep breath before looking back at Chanwoo.

"Do as he says." I tell him.

"Jiwon-ah!" Jennie protests.

The others also start to protest. Rosé also looks aghast. She keeps shaking her head but what exactly can i do? I don't want to see anyone dying on my watch.

"Jung Chanwoo!" I shout and the boy actually flinches. Chanwoo looks at me. I nod and smile at him. "It's okay."

Chanwoo picks up the knife.

"Jung Chanwoo!" Jennie shouts. "Don't you dare!"

Jennie struggles to break free from Jinhwan's hold. I look at my sister and shake my head.

"No! No, please!" Jennie begs.

Chanwoo starts to walk towards me with the knife extended forward. He gulps before looking at me. I nod the second time to reassure him. Just when he's about to plunge it into my heart, we hear something falling down. We all turn and see Rosé, standing alone and is still safe while the speedy guy is now lying on the floor, either unconscious or dead. Next to them is the guy who i thought i would never see again.

"I can't have you dying on me now." Hanbin puts back his leather glove back on his right hand and smirks. "I still need your help."

*****

The men who are wearing these wierd looking gas masks are like bees swarming inside the YG Den. Joker and his men were able to make an opening earlier using these advanced explosives they brought.

"Joker and his men will take care of the enemy soldiers." Mino turns to us. He kicks a bag in front of him. I scowl when i notice that there are a total of five bags sprawled on our feet. "He will lead them away while we plant these babies around the place."

My eyes widen. "Are they all bombs?"

Mino ignores me and turns to look at his first-mate. "Divide yourselves  into pairs and plant them around the place." Mino pauses to look at his friends. "Take care of the rest. I'll go ahead and look for her."

Jinwoo nods. "Be careful."

Mino then looks at me. I blink before looking away. He approaches me and is about to grab my arm but i suddenly back  away.

"I want to stay here with them." I tell him.

Mino scowls. "What?"

I swallow.

"It seems to me that you're going to look for that woman." I try to say. "I don't want to run around the place just to look for someone i don't know. It'll just tire me so i'll stay here instead."

"Fine." Mino immediately says. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter