Prey

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep running and running until i can no longer catch my breath. They're back! I can finally see Hanbin! I have to admit, i missed him. I really want to see his face, his perfect nose, his slender lips, his sharp jaw and his strong yet gentle touch. I want to feel him again.

"Hanbin!" I shout as soon as i get inside the room.

I see Bobby sitting on the patient bed, injured. He's hugging his sister who is crying really hard on his lap. I scowl.

"Jisoo-ah--" i turn and see Rosé.

I look around and it seems like almost everyone is present in that room. I see the elites hovering around the general who looks as troubled as the others. I turn and see the others like me on the other side of the room who look uncomfortable and scared.

What's going on? Why are they looking like that? I feel a small tug inside my chest. Where's Hanbin? I try to look for him but Bobby's voice distracts me.

"Jisoo-ah."

"Where is he?" I ask him. I try to sound as calm as i can but a little squirm escapes from me in the end.

Bobby grimaces. He opens his mouth but no words come out. He bites his lip and starts crying. I gasp. I take a step back, covering my mouth to prevent myself from screaming.

"No." I whisper. "It can't be."

"I'm sorry Jisoo-ah." Bobby is shaking now. "I'm sorry I couldn't save him."

Jennie is still crying but she tries to hug his brother who in return cries on his sister's shoulder.

"I failed him." Bobby goes on. "I'm sorry."

"Oh god!" Rosé exclaims and begins to cry too.

Lisa reaches out to hug her friend. Chanwoo also heads to the girls and starts to rub his childhood friend's back. I hear Junhue curse under his breath and turns to leave. Hyunhyeong follows him. Jinhwan looks back at Jennie for the last time before leaving to follow the two boys. I can't see Donghyuk anywhere as usual.

"Are you okay?"

I flinch when somone taps my shoulder. I turn and see Dr Park Bom. I don't know what to answer. I don't even know what to feel. I still can't believe that Hanbin, my Hanbin is gone.

"Where's his body?" I ask.

Everyone turns to look at me. Bobby manages to stop his self from crying to answer but the general stops him.

"We have a rule that once a recruit dies, we dispose of the body by burning it." The general answers. "It's the only way to hide the Organization's existense."

I gape at them. "You mean you burned his body right there and then without giving him a proper--"

I can no longer hold back my tears. Is he really dead? I haven't even say my sorry yet and he already left me? How dare him. I wipe my tears away. No. He can't be dead. Something tells me that Hanbin is still alive. He won't leave me like this. I believe in him. I believe in us.

I feel someone grip my shoulder and when i turn, i see CL-sunbae. She leans closely towards me and whispers something.

"Listen to me very carefully. There's something i want to tell you." I can feel CL-sunbae's breath in my left ear. "But before that, we need to get out of here so we can properly talk."

I scowl.

"I want you to pretend to be upset and walk out from this room then i'll follow you outside." CL-sunbae raises her left eyebrow. "What are you waiting for?"

I glare. I take a deep breath and begin to shout. "No! I don't believe you! Hanbin's not dead!"

I run outside and a few moments later, CL-sunbae shows up.

"Good job!" CL sunbae smiles widely. "You almost had me there."

"I'm not pretending." I say. "I am upset. Now tell me what you were saying back then."

"Fine." CL-sunbae sighs. "When we arrived at the scene, we tried to look for B.i's body and just like what Bobby had told us, we found a burnt body in the place where he said he had left him."

My eyes widen.

"I'm not finished yet." CL-sunbae raises her right hand. "We found the body, yes but there was something odd about that body."

I scowl.

"Bobby told us that B.i didn't have a chance to fight back since he was too injured by the explosion so he couldn't have possibly taken his gloves off."

"Yeah, so what?"

"The body didn't have gloves on it."

I can hear my own heart beating. Is this really true? I'm not dreaming right? Hanbin, my Hanbin is probably still be alive out there. I may not know where but at least he's alive. I can't help myself from smiling.

"It's a good thing i arrived first at the scene and had taken care of the business before the others could've noticed the anomaly."

"But why?" I ask CL-sunbae. "Why did you try to cover for him?"

CL-sunbae leans against the wall. "I've been keeping my eyes on them since a long time ago."

"Who?"

"Others like you." CL-sunbae smiles sadly. "Ever since my friend had died, i'm trying to keep my promise to her."

"A friend?"

"Yeah. She's also a bestowed but she died a long time ago because of us." CL-sunbae's expression suddenly darkens. "B.i and the others already have experienced enough pain and suffering inside the Den. For once, i want them to feel what it's like to be free. That's why i tried to help B.i hoping he can lead a perfectly normal life once he's free. Among the kids here in the Den, B.i suffered the most."

I want to ask some more but she suddenly straightens herself and turns her back on me to leave.

"Now that you know he might still be alive, please refrain yourself from doing something unnecessary." CL-sunbae pauses. "And don't tell anyone about this. If they knew B.i is still ali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter