Chapter 4

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you take this man before you to be your lawfully wedded husband and to cherish him, love him, care for him and protect him till death do you part?” asked the pastor.

Sooyoung looked into his eyes with all the love she had for him and said, “I do.”

“Do you take this woman before you to be your lawfully wedded wife and to cherish her, love her, care for her and protect her till death do you part?” asked the pastor.

He looked lovingly into Sooyoung’s eyes and saw her eyes sparkling with happy tears and the love that she had for him. He reached out his right hand and wiped a tear that had leaked from her eye and smiled.

“I do,” he replied.

“If there is anyone here who should object to this couple becoming husband and wife, speak now or forever hold your peace,” said the pastor, as he looked out at the audience.

“ANDWAE!” shouted Sungjae, as he shocked himself out of his nightmare.

Sungjae sat up in bed, covered in cold sweat.

Yah, what was that? What was that dream about? Did I just dream of Sooyoung and Hyunwoo? Did I just dream of Sooyoung and Hyunwoo … getting married? But why did I protest so loudly?

Sungjae got up and walked to his window. The full moon above shone down brightly like a lamppost. The cool wind caressed his face as he looked out at the night scene in front of him.

What’s wrong with me? Shouldn’t I be happy for her instead? Why did I scream like that when they were declared husband and wife?

“Sooyoung-ah!” called a voice from the other end of the corridor during their break.

Sooyoung turned to see Seungwan calling from the other end of the corridor and walked over to meet her.

“Wae, unnie?” asked Sooyoung.

“Shall we go have bingsu together after school today? There’s a new shop that opened near my place and I really want to try it out. Seulgi and Joohyun-unnie will be coming too. Are you free?” asked Seungwan.

“Sure! I heard from Hyunwoo-oppa that that place’s bingsu is not bad,” said Sooyoung.

“Hyunwoo? Since when did you get to know him so well?” asked Seungwan.

“Anniya, I’ve been visiting him since he got injured. I feel bad that he got injured because of me during the spring festival,” explained Sooyoung.

“Omo, I heard about that. Talk about a knight saving a damsel in distress, huh?” teased Seungwan.

“Unnie~~~ Don’t tease me like that,” whined Sooyoung.

“Arasso. Anyway, we’re meeting at the school gate at 2pm. Don’t be late!” said Seungwan, as the bell rang for the next class.

“Arassoyo, unnie. See you later~” said Sooyoung, as she headed back to her classroom.

Class ended at 1.45pm for Sooyoung that day and as she walked out of her classroom, she collided with Sungjae.

“Omo! Mianhe, oppa!” apologised Sooyoung.

“Kwenchana. Are you heading home now? Shall we head off together?” asked Sungjae.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, oppa. I’m going out with my unnies today, so I won’t be heading home straight. Mianhe, oppa,” said Sooyoung.

“Arasso. Kwenchana, Sooyoung-ah. There’s no need to apologise. The spring festival just ended and you’ve been working your fingers to the bone. It’s good for you to unwind and relax with your unnies. I’ll see you tomorrow then,” replied Sungjae with a smile.

“Gomawo, oppa. See you tomorrow then,” said Sooyoung, as she walked down the corridor.

Sooyoung and her gang were soon seated in the bingsu shop, each with their own favourite flavour bingsu sitting in front of them.

“Sooyoung-ah, you told me Hyunwoo-ssi told you about this bingsu shop right?” said Seungwan.

“Neh. He told me the bingsu here was nice and that I should try it if I had the chance,” replied Sooyoung, as she dug into her bingsu.

“Ahh, jinjja?” said Seulgi. “Did he tell you anything else?”

“Bwoh?” asked Sooyoung. “What else would Hyunwoo-oppa tell me?”

Seulgi and Seungwan smiled at each other but said nothing.

“So what was Sungjae saying to you outside your classroom?” asked Joohyun.

“He was asking me if I needed him to walk home with me. But I didn’t since I was going to be here with you all,” replied Sooyoung.

“Aigoo, looks like we asked you out at the wrong time. You missed an opportunity to go out with Sungjae,” teased Seungwan.

“Anniya, unnie. We’re just friends,” protested Sooyoung.

“Don’t lie to us, Sooyoung-ah,” said Seulgi. “All of us can tell that you have feelings for Sungjae but that silly boy hasn’t figured it out yet.”

“Unnie~~~” whined Sooyoung. “It’s true that we’re just friends. But I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to tell oppa my feelings. Anyway, how can a girl tell a boy her feelings first?”

“Why not, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Seulgi. “Seungwan confessed to Hyunsik first because Hyunsik’s always so quiet and shy around girls. There’s nothing wrong with a girl confessing to a boy first.”

“I know. But…” replied Sooyoung hesitantly.

“Would you consider it if someone other than Sungjae confessed to you, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Joohyun sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter