Chapter 21

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung and Sungjae walked down the street, away from So Hyun’s grandmother’s house with Sooyoung’s arm linked through Sungjae’s. She found that apart from holding hands with Sungjae, this was the way she felt closest to Sungjae. In addition, Sungjae’s scent would help soothe her nerves when she walked with Sungjae with their arms interlinked.

 

“Aigoo, I’m so tired!” exclaimed Sungjae.

 

“Of course you would be, oppa. You were playing with So Hyun for so long,” replied Sooyoung.

 

“I want to sit down!” whined Sungjae.

 

Sooyoung giggled and pulled Sungjae over to a park bench. They sat down on it and Sungjae leant in on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“This feels awesome,” commented Sungjae blissfully.

 

Sooyoung giggled and replied, “Shouldn't I be the one lying on your shoulder, oppa?”

 

“To hell with gender stereotypes! I want to lie on your shoulder today. No, you know what? I think I want to lie here today,” said Sungjae, before adjusting himself to lie on Sooyoung’s lap.

 

Sooyoung gave a small start of surprise and blushed. She had not expected that Sungjae would make such a bold move this early in their relationship. But Sooyoung’s expression eventually softened, as Sungjae made a cheeky face while lying on her lap, and she allowed Sungjae to lie comfortably on her lap. After a while, Sooyoung plucked up her courage and began Sungjae’s hair. Sungjae closed his eyes at Sooyoung’s touch and continued to lie on Sooyoung’s lap peacefully.

 

“Can we just stay like this, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae after a while.

 

“Of course we can, oppa,” said Sooyoung softly. “You’re behaving like a cat now, snuggling into my lap and getting me to your fur.”

 

Sungjae smiled blissfully and replied, “You make me behave like one. I just want to snuggle up to you all day.”

 

“You can take a short nap here if you want, oppa. I don't mind,” replied Sooyoung with a laugh.

 

“Jinjja? Okay then,” said Sungjae.

 

Sungjae closed his eyes and soon dozed off. Sooyoung gazed at the scenery in front of her as Sungjae slept and the wind caressed both of them with its soft touch.

 

Oppa sleeping on my lap on this beautiful day with such wonderful weather and scenery. What more could I ask for?

 

However, her thoughts were rudely interrupted when she suddenly heard a loud rumbling sound.

 

Didn't we have lunch? Is my stomach that empty?

 

Sooyoung looked down at her stomach and saw what was making that loud noise. Sooyoung fought hard to suppress a giggle when she saw the source make that noise again.

 

Aigoo, I didn't know oppa snored this loudly.

 

Her eyes twinkled as she smiled at Sungjae’s sleeping form. She ran her fingers gently through his hair and, without realising, leant forward to kiss Sungjae on his cheek. Sooyoung gave a surprised expression after she did so, as she was not one to initiate things like that.

 

“Did you enjoy that, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae suddenly, still with his eyes closed.

 

Sooyoung gave a slight start of surprise and said, “Are you awake, oppa?”

 

“Yes. And I enjoyed that more than you did,” replied Sungjae cheekily.

 

Sooyoung blushed harder and slapped Sungjae on his arm, before pushing him off her lap.

 

“You’ve slept enough, oppa. My thigh is getting numb,” said Sooyoung with a giggle.

 

Sungjae pulled himself up and sat back on the bench with Sooyoung.

 

“But noona, I’m still sleepy,” replied Sungjae childishly, as he laid his head on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Aish, you big baby,” said Sooyoung, as she got up to stop Sungjae from leaning on her.

 

“Yah! Who are you calling a baby? Shall I prove to you I’m not a baby?” asked Sungjae in mock anger.

 

Sooyoung screamed and clung onto Sungjae’s neck as Sungjae swept Sooyoung off her feet and swung her around in a princess hold. Sungjae ran around with Sooyoung in his arms for a while, before stopping under a big tree, still with Sooyoung in his arms.

 

Sungjae looked deep into Sooyoung’s eyes, before saying, “Saranghae, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Nado, oppa.”

 

 

Sungjae settled into his seat in class after walking with Sooyoung to school. As he got ready for his first lesson, the teacher walked in with a new student.

 

“Quieten down, everybody! We have a transfer student with us today,” called the teacher, before turning to the new student. “Please introduce yourself.”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Jung Eunji imnida,” said the new student politely, as she bowed to the class.

 

“Yah… she’s pretty!” murmured some of the boys behind Sungjae.

 

“Thank you, Eunji. You may sit in the empty seat next to Sungjae,” instructed the teacher.

 

Eunji walked over to Sungjae and smiled at him, before settling into the seat next to him. Sungjae smiled back a little awkwardly, before looking to the front and got ready for the lesson.

 

As the bell rang for break, Sungjae reached into his pocket and checked his handphone. Sooyoung had just sent him a message.

 

Oppa, shall we have dinner together today? I want to go shopping for a gift for So Hyun today.

 

What’s the occasion?

 

Sungjae waited for a few seconds before Sooyoung replied.

 

It’s So Hyun’s birthday this coming Saturday. I want to buy something for her, especially after she drew those two lovely pictures for us.

 

Ah, I see. Sure, I’m free later today. I’ll see you at the school gate?

 

Okay ^_^

 

Sungjae smiled to himself as he walked out of the classroom. Just as he stepped out of the front door, a voice behind him called, “Jamkahnmahn!”

 

Sungjae turned in surprise and saw Eunji behind him.

 

“Er… what is it?” asked Sungjae.

 

Eunji blushed slightly and replied, “Er… Are you Yook Sungjae?”

 

“Neh. Can I help you?” asked Sungjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter