Chapter 25

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bwoh? Why do you say that, Byul-ah? Don't cry. Calm down and tell me what happened. Maybe it’s just a misunderstanding,” said Sooyoung soothingly.

 

Moonbyul related what had happened outside their classroom and Sooyoung’s eyes burnt with anger at what Chandong had tried to do. But as Moonbyul shared what had happened after Chandong left, Sooyoung relaxed and listened calmly.

 

“I think you’re mistaken, Byul-ah. I don't think Minhyuk-oppa would feel rejected at all. I think anyone would be shocked if the person they like suddenly asked them out like that. Don't worry too much, Byul-ah,” coaxed Sooyoung.

 

Moonbyul’s tears eventually stopped and she smiled. “Gomawo, Sooyoung-ah,” said Moonbyul.

 

“What’s there to thank me for? Anyway, since you’re not going out with Minhyuk-oppa, shall we go out on Saturday afternoon instead? I need to go to the mall to pick out a present for Sungjae-oppa’s birthday,” suggested Sooyoung.

 

“I don't mind. I’ve got nothing on anyway,” said Moonbyul.

 

 

“I think you made a mistake, Sungjae-ah,” said Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk and Sungjae headed over to the café near Minhyuk’s place after school to discuss what had happened earlier that day.

 

“Bwoh? What do you mean?” asked Sungjae, as his handphone beeped. Sungjae checked the message he received before putting it away to listen to Minhyuk.

 

“I went over to Byul’s classroom to ask her out this Saturday,” related Minhyuk. “Chandong was there trying to do the same thing. He even got a bit physical with her, so I rushed over to stop him, since Byul looked uncomfortable. I tried to ask her if she wanted to go out with me on Saturday after that but she seemed uncomfortable with it, so I didn't push it. I think you got it wrong, maknae-ah. I don't think she likes me that way.”

 

“I think you’re the one who got it wrong, hyung,” replied Sungjae.

 

“Bwoh?” questioned Minhyuk. “Why?”

 

“Moonbyul has had a crush on you for the longest time. How calm do you think she will be if her long-term crush finally asked her out on a date?” asked Sungjae rhetorically.

 

Realisation hit Minhyuk like a boulder, which made him do a facepalm.

 

“Aish~~~! Pabo-yah! Now I’ve gone and made it awkward between the two of us!” ranted Minhyuk.

 

“Don’t think too much about it, hyung,” coaxed Sungjae.

 

 

Moonbyul stood in front of the mall entrance waiting for Sooyoung to appear. Moonbyul was usually very punctual and had arrived at the mall entrance ten minutes before their agreed meeting time. The big clock at the mall entrance struck noon, which made her look up.

 

Sooyoung’s late.

 

Moonbyul took out her handphone from her bag to call Sooyoung but it slipped out of her hand as she took it out. Her handphone fell on the floor, causing a corner of the protective casing to chip off.

 

“Aish~! Why did you have to drop out?” moaned Moonbyul, as she stooped to pick up her handphone.

 

“Kwenchana?” asked a familiar voice behind her.

 

Moonbyul nearly dropped her handphone again, as she turned around to look at the owner of that voice.

 

“Kwenchana, Byul-ah?” asked Minhyuk.

 

“Oppa?!” exclaimed Moonbyul. “What are you doing here?”

 

Why did I have to meet him here?

 

“Sungjae asked me out today. He said he needed help picking out a present for Sooyoung’s birthday,” said Minhyuk.

 

“Jinjja? But Sooyoung’s birthday is two months from now. Why would Sungjae need to buy her present so early?” replied Moonbyul.

 

“Bwoh?! Aish, Yook Sungjae! Then why did he ask me out today?” grumbled Minhyuk. “Anyway, why are you here?”

 

“Sooyoung asked me out today. She said she wanted me to accompany her to buy Sungjae a birthday pre…” Moonbyul’s voice trailed off, as she started to realise what was happening. “Oppa, when is Sungjae-oppa’s birthday?”

 

“It was two months ago,” replied Minhyuk slowly, as realisation dawned on him as well.

 

The pair stared at each other awkwardly for a while before Minhyuk said, “Well, it looks like neither of them are going to turn up today. Do you want to grab lunch together?”

 

Moonbyul blushed slightly.

 

I’m going to kill you, Park Sooyoung. I’m going for an impromptu lunch date with Minhyuk-oppa wearing what I wear to the mall. Couldn't you have given me proper warning so that I could have worn something nicer?

 

“Neh,” replied Moonbyul.

 

“We can get you a new handphone case as well,” said Minhyuk.

 

 

“Do you think they would have met by now, oppa?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Don’t worry too much, Sooyoung-ah. I’m sure with our flawless acting skills they would have believed whatever we said and met at the same place,” assured Sungjae.

 

The Bbyu couple were in Sungjae’s room, waiting for a response from either Moonbyul or Minhyuk. True to Sungjae’s words, barely before he had finished his sentence, his handphone beeped. He picked it up and checked the message.

 

Yah, Yook Sungjae! I’m going to kill you on Monday!

 

Sungjae gave a loud laugh and said, “See! I told you that they would have met by now. Have more faith in your plan, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

Sooyoung’s phone also beeped at that moment and Sooyoung giggled as she checked her phone.

 

I’m going to pull out your hair on Monday, Park Sooyoung!

 

Sooyoung laughed and replied to Moonbyul’s message.

 

Have fun, Byul-ah!

 

Sooyoung giggled and leant against Sungjae.

 

“I hope they become a couple, oppa. Moonbyul has had a crush on Minhyuk-oppa for the longest time. But she’s always felt inferior to his fan club,” said Sooyoung.

 

“I hope it’ll work out for Minhyuk-hyung too. He and Eunkwang-hyung have always been taking care of our group and watching out for all of us that I sometimes feel that they’ve neglec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter