Chapter 30

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yook Sungjae! YOOK SUNGJAE! OPEN THE DOOR!” screamed Sooyoung, as she slammed on Sungjae’s front door with all her might.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, calm down. Think of your condition!” coerced Moonbyul, as she tried to hold Sooyoung back.

 

But for once, Sooyoung was obstinate and pushed Moonbyul away, as she continued pounding on Sungjae’s front door and screaming his name. Sungjae opened the front door with an irritated expression and asked, “What the hell do you want, Park S-”. But before he could finish his sentence, he was hit in the face by a sheaf of papers thrown by Sooyoung.

 

“What’s the meaning of this, Yook Sungjae?!” screamed Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae glanced at the papers that were floating to the ground and recognised the logo of the hospital on them.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Sungjae nonchalantly.

 

“What are you trying to do? Give me your heart? What the hell were you thinking, Yook Sungjae!” screamed Sooyoung, still in her state of madness.

 

“I told you before, Park Sooyoung. We have nothing to do with each other anymore since the day we broke up. You have no right to control what I do. Now if you’re done with your madness, please pick up after yourself and get out of my sight. I don't need a mad woman shouting at me in front of my house!” replied Sungjae with a touch of venom in his voice.

 

Moonbyul covered her face in shock as Sooyoung raised her right hand and dealt Sungjae a tight slap across his cheek.

 

“That’s right, Yook Sungjae. We have nothing to do with each other anymore. Whether I live or die is none of your concern. I have the right to decide whether I want to receive a donor’s heart as well, don’t forget. So don't waste your time and effort. I will never accept yours,” said Sooyoung, as she the spot and stomped off onto the street, Moonbyul following her closely behind.

 

Sungjae gazed after her retreating figure, as he held up his hand to his stinging cheek and a determined look steeled his eyes.

 

I will protect you, Park Sooyoung. My life was supposed to be over the day I hurled myself at those gangsters. This is a belated gift of protection from me, Sooyoung-ah. What were the chances that my heart would be compatible with you? Even family members probably wouldn't have that level of compatibility and low risk of rejection. It’s a sign, Sooyoung-ah. You’re meant to recover. I’ll make sure that you recover, no matter what.

 

As Sooyoung stormed down the street, Moonbyul fought to keep up with her. Once she reached Sooyoung, Moonbyul asked, “What are you going to do, Sooyoung-ah?”

 

“There’s only one thing to do. I need to speak to Eunkwang-oppa,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Can you please calm down, Sooyoung-ah. If you want to stop Sungjae-oppa, then you at least have to be physically fit to do so. Don't get yourself into a state that will endanger yourself,” coaxed Moonbyul.

 

“I’ll be fine, Byul-ah. I know not to agitate myself. I need to remain calm if I want to stop Sungjae-oppa,” replied Sooyoung with cold determination, as she fished out her handphone from her pocket.

 

Sooyoung scrolled through her contacts and hit Eunkwang’s name. The phone rang for a while before Eunkwang answered.

 

“Yoboseyo?” said Eunkwang.

 

“Oppa, are you at home now? I need to talk to you,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Oh, Sooyoung-ah. What’s up?” asked Eunkwang.

 

“I want to tell you face to face. Are you home now?” insisted Sooyoung.

 

“Neh. It sounds urgent,” commented Eunkwang.

 

“It is. Okay, I’ll head over now,” said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung put her phone away and continued her stride towards Eunkwang’s house, Moonbyul trailing behind her. They arrived at Eunkwang’s house about ten minutes later and Eunkwang answered the door almost immediately after Sooyoung knocked.

 

“Come in, Sooyoung-ah. Why do you look so flustered?” asked Eunkwang.

 

Sooyoung walked into the living room with Moonbyul and sat on the sofa. Eunkwang followed suit in the adjacent sofa and looked at Sooyoung expectantly.

 

“Oppa, I think Sungjae-oppa is about to do something foolish to save me,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Bwoh?! Sungjae? I thought you two had broken up?” said Eunkwang with a surprised tone.

 

“I saw Sungjae-oppa at the hospital today. I followed him into one of the clinics in the hospital and found out that he did a heart compatibility check. His heart is 98.9 % compatible with me, so he intends to donate it to me!” said Sooyoung agitatedly.

 

“BWOH?! Are you sure, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Eunkwang in shock.

 

“I’ve already seen the compatibility report because the clinic staff passed it to me. I also confronted Sungjae-oppa about this just now. I’m scared, oppa. What should I do?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Eunkwang thought for a while, before replying, “This is a serious matter, Sooyoung-ah. Of course Sungjae shouldn't be doing what he’s thinking of, no matter how desperate he is. I’ll speak to the others on how we should deal with him before we make plans. If I know Sungjae well enough, he won’t do anything to himself until there’s no other choice but to give you his heart. He will want to ensure that you really receive it, since there’s a chance that you could reject it if he tries to do anything while you’re still fine.”

 

Sooyoung looked calmer as Eunkwang assured her. Just as Eunkwang finished, the doorbell rang.

 

“Ah, that must be Minhyuk-ie. We were about to go out to the PC café before you came,” said Eunkwang, as he got up to answer the door.

 

Despite the situation with Sooyoung, Moonbyul flushed a deep red at Eunkwang’s words.

 

“Minhyuk-oppa is here?” asked Moonbyul before she could stop herself.

 

Minhyuk stepped in as Eunkwang opened the front door and, before seeing the others in the living room, said, “Yah, Eunkwang-ah! Are you ready?”

 

“Minhyuk-ah, I think we need to cancel our plans for today. I’m going to call Changsub, Hyunsik, Peniel and Ilhoon over. We need to discuss something important,” said Eunkwang, gesturing to Sooyoung and Moonbyul at the same time.

 

Minhyuk saw Moonbyul standing in the living room and turned a deep shade of maroon. He turned to Eunkwang and said, “Maybe I should do the calling, Eunkwang-ah.”

 

“Kwenchana, I’ll do it. You go take a seat first,” insisted Eunkwang.

 

Minhyuk had no choice but to walk into Eunkwang’s living room. Moonbyul saw him walk in and stood up to walk out. Sooyoung reached out and held her back.

 

“I know you’ve been thinking about me all this while and you want to be a good friend to me by not thinking about what Minhyuk-oppa said to you earlier, Byul-ah. But if you really want to be a good friend to me, then stop pushing Minhyuk-oppa away. Your happiness is at your doorstep now. Don't miss it and go a roundabout way to find it again, Byul-ah. Take it as a favour to me,” replied Sooyoung with a smile. “I think it’s going to take some time for the other oppas to arrive. Take this time to talk to him, Byul-ah.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and walked over to Eunkwang, leaving Moonbyul alone with Minhyuk. Moonbyul and Minhyuk stared at each other awkwardly for some time before they sat down. The awkward silence hung over them for another few minutes before Moonbyul spoke up.

 

“I’m sorry for ignoring you recently, oppa. Sooyoung has been my number one priority recently and I didn't want to give you a half-hearted answer to your confession,” said Moonbyul hesitantly.

 

“Kwenchana, Byul-ah,” replied Minhyuk with a sheepish smile. “I probably shouldn't have said all that at a time like this. I know how close you are to Sooyoung and I wouldn't expect anything less. Thanks for still takin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter