Chapter 36

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, yah, yah, Park Sooyoung! What are you screaming about? I’m wearing shorts!” barked Sungjae in annoyance, as he picked up his towel and continued to dry himself off.

 

Sooyoung peeped from behind her hands and was relieved to see that Sungjae was indeed wearing shorts. But the sight of Sungjae’s bare torso made her feel shy and she turned away from him.

 

“Hurry up and put on a shirt!” squeaked Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and pull her into a back hug, as Sungjae rested his head on Sooyoung’s left shoulder.

 

“Wae, Sooyoung-ah?” whispered Sungjae softly but cheekily into Sooyoung’s left ear. “Is something wrong?”

 

Sooyoung blushed hard at Sungjae’s actions and tried to push his arms away. But Sungjae kept his arms tightly wrapped around her and pulled her in even closer.

 

“Stop struggling, Sooyoung-ah. I won’t do anything else. Just let me savour this moment for a while,” said Sungjae.

 

Sooyoung eventually stopped pushing Sungjae’s arms away and leant with her back to Sungjae’s bare torso. Though Sungjae had just showered, Sooyoung could detect his scent mixed in with the smell of his shampoo and body wash and it made her heart beat faster. Sungjae loosened his grip as Sooyoung motioned to move away from him but was surprised by her sudden daring streak as she leant her cheek into his chest and hugged him as she faced him.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” said Sungjae in slight surprise and shock.

 

“Wae, oppa? Is something wrong?” replied Sooyoung in the same cheeky tone that Sungjae had used just a few moments ago. “It’s my turn to savour a moment.”

 

The Bbyu couple stayed that way for a while longer. When they finally started to move apart, Sooyoung moved in and gave Sungjae a peck on the lips.

 

“What’s gotten into you today, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Sungjae in shock. “You’ve never been like this before.”

 

“Why are you so shocked, oppa?” asked Sooyoung teasingly. “Weren’t you the one who was making the moves on me just now?”

 

“Well… well…” stammered Sungjae. “That was just a joke.”

 

“Well, then so is this,” replied Sooyoung with a cheeky smile, as she tiptoed and kissed Sungjae on the lips again.

 

Sooyoung’s teasing sparked off a sudden wave of desire in Sungjae, causing him to pull Sooyoung in for a deep kiss. Sooyoung responded fully and both were lost in their desire for each other for a moment. Sungjae moved down to Sooyoung’s neck and was encouraged by Sooyoung as he felt one of her hands move behind his head and push him closer to her neck, while her other hand clawed at his back. Sungjae’s scent, coupled with her hands on Sungjae’s flesh, sent Sooyoung’s heart into overdrive as she pulled Sungjae in even closer. Her sudden action destabilised her and they collapsed onto Sungjae’s bed. The sudden jerk on their bodies shocked both of them back into their senses and Sooyoung pushed Sungjae off her. Sooyoung got up frantically and straightened her clothing and hair, while Sungjae hurriedly put on a shirt.

 

“Mi-Mianhe, Sooyoung-ah,” said Sungjae stammeringly. “I don't know what came over me.”

 

“K-k-kwenchana, oppa. I-I was partly at fault too. I shouldn't have teased you like that,” replied Sooyoung in an equally shaky voice.

 

An awkward silence hung over the pair for a while, before Sooyoung spoke up.

 

“I think it’ll be a better idea if we don't spend the rest of today together, oppa,” suggested Sooyoung.

 

Although Sungjae hated the sound of Sooyoung’s suggestion, he knew it was for the best.

 

“Arasso, Sooyoung-ah. I’ll see you in school tomorrow then,” replied Sungjae.

 

Sooyoung nodded and picked up her bag. Sungjae walked over and saw her out. As they reached the front door, Sooyoung turned and said, “I know we’re doing this just to make sure things don't get out of hand. But I’m sure this is still within limits.”

 

Sooyoung leant forward and gave Sungjae a brief kiss on his cheek, before smiling and walking out of the front door. Sungjae smiled and watched her walk down the street.

 

Once Sooyoung was out of the front door, Sungjae walked back into his room and closed the door. Ruffling his hair in frustration, he laid on his bed and thought about what just happened.

 

Aish, Yook Sungjae! You can’t do as you please with Sooyoung, even if she’s your girlfriend! You nearly crossed a line with her! What would her parents think? What would eomma and appa think? What would my hyungs think?

 

Although Sungjae berated himself over his lack of self-control with Sooyoung, he could not help but smile at the episode. He and Sooyoung had, for a moment, abandoned their misgivings and given in to desire. Though he knew that that was a line that he could not and would not cross again, he realised that Sooyoung had achieved a new level of trust in him through this episode. She had trusted him enough to give in to her desire for him, as he had with her, and he was determined not to betray this trust. He would control himself as he should from now on.

 

 

“Yah, Yook Sungjae! Have you been listening to anything I’ve been saying for the past 5 minutes?” shouted Changsub frustratedly.

 

“Bwoh? Were you talking to me, hyung?” asked Sungjae, shaken out of his reverie.

 

Changsub, Sungjae and Minhyuk were at the canteen for their break and deciding what they should do after school that day.

 

“We were talking about how we were going to go to the bowling alley after school today,” said Changsub.

 

“Again? Aren’t you sick of losi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter