Chapter 35

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul and Minhyuk walked into the patbingsu shop hand in hand and headed over to the counter.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” greeted the counter staff.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” replied Minhyuk with a smile. “Do you have patbingsu in double portions for sharing?”

 

“Yes, we do,” said the staff, as she pulled out a menu from underneath the counter and opened it to a certain page in front of the pair. “Our couple patbingsus are double portions and are cheaper than buying two normal patbingsus. Would you like to try them? You can share one with your sister.”

 

At the counter staff’s words, Moonbyul giggled and Minhyuk gave a loud laugh.

 

“She’s my girlfriend,” explained Minhyuk.

 

The counter staff flushed a deep red and apologised quickly, “Mianheyo. It’s just that the two of you look really alike, which made me think you two were siblings. I think you two look more like siblings than me and my dongsaeng.”

 

Minhyuk and Moonbyul looked at each other and laughed.

 

“Yeah, we do look like each other, don't we, oppa?” asked Moonbyul.

 

“Neh, dongsaeng-ah,” replied Minhyuk with a laugh, as he ruffled her hair.

 

The couple went back to looking at the menu and eventually decided on the house specialty.

 

 

The next day, Sooyoung had a routine checkup at the hospital in the evening. Though Sungjae had went over to her house and tried to insist on accompanying her, Sooyoung had insisted equally persistently that he shouldn't miss the movie marathon his hyungs had planned that night.

 

“We’ve spent enough time together recently, oppa. You didn't interact much with your hyungs before my heart transplant. I think it’s only fair to them that you spend some time with them now, especially since I’m no longer in any kind of danger anymore,” coaxed Sooyoung.

 

“Why are you pushing me away, Sooyoung-ah?” whined Sungjae. “All I want is to spend more time with you.”

 

“Arasso, oppa. But I’m sure your hyungs will want to spend some time with you now. Furthermore, they did so much for us when I was struggling with my heart. This is the least we can do for them. Anyway, it’ll just be for one evening, so be a good boy and listen to me,” said Sooyoung, as she gave Sungjae a quick peck on his cheeks to placate him.

 

Sungjae pouted and hugged Sooyoung from behind. “Fine, I’ll go. But you’re all mine tomorrow, since it’s Saturday tomorrow,” said Sungjae.

 

“Arasso, oppa. Now go, before you’re late,” said Sooyoung firmly.

 

Sungjae held Sooyoung tightly before finally letting her go.

 

“See you tomorrow then,” said Sungjae reluctantly.

 

“See you, oppa,” replied Sooyoung with a smile.

 

Both of them headed to the front door and left Sooyoung’s house together. However, each had to walk in separate directions. After Sungjae watched Sooyoung walk out of sight, he turned the other direction and headed over to Eunkwang’s house.

 

“Maknae-ah! You’re finally here! Why are you so late?”

 

Changsub’s voice nearly knocked Sungjae over as the front door opened. A pair of hands reached out and pulled him into the living room, where a sea of snacks and drinks had been laid out in front of the television.

 

“Omo, are we preparing for war? Why did you guys get so much food?” asked Sungjae in awe.

 

“You’re feeling this way because you haven’t hung out with us for too long, maknae-ah!” continued Changsub in his excited rant, as he dragged Sungjae into the living room. “What do you want to watch tonight, Sungjae?”

 

“Me? Haven’t you all decided on the lineup for tonight?” asked Sungjae.

 

“We’re hanging out tonight cuz we haven’t seen you for so long, Sungjae-ah,” said Minhyuk. “So you’ll have the honour of deciding everything that we’re gonna watch tonight.”

 

“Heol, you guys even bought alcohol? Are we even allowed to drink yet?” asked Sungjae incredulously.

 

“Aish, don't worry about that, Sungjae-ah. What’s most important i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter