Chapter 22

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day in school, just as the students were preparing to start their first lesson, Moonbyul walked over to Sooyoung’s table.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” said Moonbyul hesitantly.

 

“What is it?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Do you know Sungjae-oppa’s gang well?” asked Moonbyul.

 

“Well, I wouldn't say well. But I know all of them and they treat me like their little sister. Eunkwang-oppa even told me I could tell them if Sungjae-oppa ever dared to bully me,” replied Sooyoung with a laugh.

 

“Do you know if they’re dating anyone?” asked Moonbyul.

 

“Well… As far as I know, I know that Changsub-oppa is dating Chorong-unnie. Hyunsik-oppa is dating Seungwan-unnie. Ilhoon-oppa seems to have a thing going on with Joohyun-unnie but I’m not too sure about that one. Why do you ask?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Oh no, it’s nothing. Just curious. My friend Yongsun said she was interested in someone recently but she refused to tell me who it was. I thought it might be one of Sungjae-oppa’s gang,” replied Moonbyul, as she blushed.

 

Sooyoung giggled and replied, “You don't need to lie to me, Byul-ah. I’m quite certain Minhyuk-oppa is currently still single and available.”

 

“Bwoh? Who said anything about Minhyuk-oppa?” protested Moonbyul.

 

“Nobody. You can hide your feelings from anyone but you can’t hide your feelings from me, Byul-ah. Why don't you tell him you like him, Byul-ah. Minhyuk-oppa is so nice and I’m quite certain he’s not a player, from what Sungjae-oppa tells me,” ranted Sooyoung.

 

Moonbyul blushed hard and pretended to look at her phone. Sooyoung’s cheeky streak got the better of her and she suddenly snatched the phone out of Moonbyul’s hands.

 

“If you’re not going to tell him, maybe I should tell him for you,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! Park Sooyoung! Return me my phone!” protested Moonbyul.

 

“Shiro! I’m helping you find your happiness!” replied Sooyoung.

 

However, though Sooyoung scrolled through Moonbyul’s contacts, she couldn't find Minhyuk’s name anywhere.

 

“You don’t have his contact, Byul-ah?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Moonbyul giggled and replied, “Yeah, you’re right, I don't.”

 

But Sooyoung could tell Moonbyul was trying to hide something from her again.

 

“Don’t lie to me, Byul-ah. You know I can read you like a book,” replied Sooyoung pointedly.

 

Moonbyul looked at Sooyoung and heaved a sigh of defeat. “All right, all right. I have his contact,” said Moonbyul resignedly. “But you have to promise me you won’t do anything rash if I show it to you. I’m really not ready to tell him anything yet.”

 

“All right, I promise,” said Sooyoung.

 

Moonbyul took back her phone and scrolled to a particular contact, before showing it to Sooyoung. Sooyoung looked curiously at the screen and almost burst out laughing.

 

“Squirrel-oppa? Why do you call him that?” asked Sooyoung in amusement.

 

“Haven’t you noticed? Minhyuk-oppa tends to stuff his mouth full of food when he eats. His cheeks bulge out like a squirrel when he does that and it looks sooooo cute!” swooned Moonbyul.

 

Sooyoung giggled at Moonbyul’s expression. “No, Byul-ah. I wouldn't have noticed. And you should be happy that I haven’t noticed. My main focus is on someone else in Minhyuk-oppa’s gang, Byul-ah,” said Sooyoung.

 

Moonbyul blushed even harder and replied, “Arasso, Sooyoung. But you have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone, not even Sungjae-oppa.”

 

“Tell anyone about what? Your squirrel-oppa?” asked Sooyoung cheekily.

 

“Yah! Park Sooyoung!” protested Moonbyul, though she could do nothing else, as the teacher stepped in that moment to start the lesson.

 

 

Sooyoung ate lunch with Sungjae and his gang that day. As they tucked into their meal, Sooyoung looked at Minhyuk out of the corner of her eye. True to Moonbyul’s word, Minhyuk did indeed stuff his mouth full of food when he ate and his cheeks bulged out like a squirrel. This made Sooyoung smile to herself as she ate. However, Sooyoung didn't realise that Sungjae was looking at her.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, why are you looking at Minhyuk-hyung and smiling as you eat?” asked Sungjae a little jealously.

 

Eunkwang heard and turned to the pair. “Andwaeyo, jesu-ssi. Sungjae will get jealous,” said Eunkwang teasingly.

 

Sooyoung blushed and said, “Anniyo. It’s just that I think it’s funny how Minhyuk-oppa stuffs his mouth full of food until his cheeks bulge out when he eats.”

 

Minhyuk laughed and said, “Ah mianhe, jesu-ssi. I’ll eat in smaller mouthfuls from now on.”

 

“And I’ll stuff my mouth full of food when I eat with you from now on. That way you’ll only look at me when you eat,” said Sungjae.

 

“Anniyo, oppa. I actually never noticed this about Minhyuk-oppa but someone told me about this today,” defended Sooyoung.

 

“Omo, who told you about it? Someone has a crush on Minhyuk-hyung? Who is it?” asked Sungjae interestedly.

 

“Hahaha, yes someone has a crush on Minhyuk-oppa but I’m not going to say who it is. I promised this person I wouldn't say it,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Waaahhhhh, Minhyuk-hyung! Someone has a crush on you!” teased Sungjae, as he got up to ruffle Minhyuk’s hair.

 

“Aish! Sit down, maknae!” complained Minhyuk.

 

Sungjae laughed and sat down. The rest of lunch passed uneventfully and Sungjae got up to walk Sooyoung back to class. As the two walked off, Sungjae asked, “Sooyoung-ah, can you tell me who has a crush on Minhyuk-hyung?”

 

“Andwae, oppa. I promised her that I would keep it a secret,” insisted Sooyoung.

 

“You can’t even tell me?” asked Sungjae a little forlornly.

 

Sooyoung laughed and linked her arm through Sungjae’s, before replying, “Don’t look so sad, oppa. You also wouldn't want me to share your secrets with others, right?”

 

“Arasso. But I hope that person confesses to Minhyuk-hyung soon. I’m dying to know who it is,” said Sungjae.

 

“I also hope that person will confess soon too. She’s really nice and I think Minhyuk-oppa deserves someone like her,” replied Sooyoung.

 

“Just like how you deserve me?” asked Sungjae cheekily.

 

“Yah!” s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter