Chapter 1

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa! Wait for me!”

Sungjae turned around and saw his hoobae Sooyoung running to catch up with him on their way to school.

“Oppa! Why didn't you wait for me today?” panted Sooyoung, as she tried to catch her breath after finally catching up with Sungjae.

“I got sick of waiting for you to wake up on time, so I headed off on my own today,” said Sungjae teasingly.

Sooyoung slapped Sungjae’s arm in a peeved manner and walked off ahead. Sungjae stifled a laugh and ran forward to catch up with her.

Sungjae and Sooyoung had gotten to know each other in middle school, though Sungjae was a year senior to Sooyoung, as they were in the same music club. Their own bright personalities had made them hit off really well with each other and they had become close friends who frequently walked to school together, since they lived only two streets apart. They were both in high school now. Sooyoung was a freshman, while Sungjae was a sophomore.

Sungjae always hung out with his own group of guy friends in school. Even though they were not considered kingkas, the seven of them were a prominent group in school and there wasn’t a single student in Cube High School who didn’t know of their existence. To add fuel to fire, Sungjae’s handsome features only served to draw more girls’ attention to them like moths to a flame. He didn’t care for any of this attention though. All that mattered to him were his close friends. His group of friends never did anything to get more attention and mainly kept to themselves, though they sometimes found it hard to do so.

Sooyoung’s group of friends were also a bright bunch that caught everybody’s attention. Her group caught the attention of the guys because Joohyun, the senior in her group, was a goddess to the boys in her school. She was very shy though, and kept mostly to herself. Despite this, she took very good care of her hoobaes in the group.

“I’m heading to class. See you, Sooyoung-ah,” said Sungjae with a smile.

Sooyoung stuck her tongue out cheekily at Sungjae and walked towards her class. Sooyoung reached her class and had just sat down before Seulgi walked over to her and said, “Yah, Sooyoung-ah. Hyunwoo sunbae-nim came by just now to see if you were around.”

Sooyoung looked up in surprise and said, “Really? Why would he want to see me?”

“I don’t know but it seemed important. I think it had something to do with the music club. Maybe he’ll come by again later,” replied Seulgi.

“All right, unnie. Thanks for letting me know,” said Sooyoung.

“I have to get to class. See you later during break!” replied Seulgi as she walked off.

Sungjae reached his class and was immediately swamped by Changsub who walked over and put his arm around Sungjae’s neck.

“Yah, maknae-ah. Wanna head over to the arcade after school? They’ve got a new game that I’ve been itching to try out,” said Changsub.

“Sure! I want to try beating my record at the basketball game anyway,” replied Sungjae enthusiastically.

“Haha! Are you sure, Sungjae-ah?” laughed Changsub. “You stink at basketball.”

“Hyung! That’s all the more reason to train right?” replied Sungjae in a nettled tone. “But don’t you have to meet Chorong-noona today?”

“Aish, I can’t possibly see that crazy woman everyday,” replied Changsub. Changsub and Chorong were dating and were well-known to be a loving couple in school but they loved to tease and put down each other no matter whether the other was present or not. “So I’ll see you at the school gate at 2pm?”

“Arasso. I’ll see you later,” replied Sungjae, as Changsub got up to go to his own class.

As Changsub walked out, Hyunwoo walked in. While Sungjae pretty much kept to his group of friends in high school, he knew Hyunwoo pretty well as they were in the same class and were part of the music club. While Sungjae wasn’t as close to Hyunwoo as he was to Changsub and the rest, they still had an amicable relationship. Hyunwoo had also recently taken on the role of president in the music club.

“Sungjae-ah!” called Hyunwoo. “Have you seen Sooyoung today?”

“Yeah, I have,” replied Sungjae. “She just went to class.”

“Oh?” replied Hyunwoo in slight surprise. “I must have just missed her. It’s okay, I’ll tell her later. Thanks for letting me know.”

“Why are you looking for her?” asked Sungj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter