Their Mutual Goodbye

Shadows In His Heart

Ji Yong had his arm around her father neck and Hyorin stood over the dead body of what used to be Chae Rim. They were both breathing heavily and her hand shook slightly from the number of shots that she had shot out. It all happened in a blur, all it took was a small second of eye contact and Ji Yong and Hyorin made the most important bet of their life. It took a few seconds but their hearts were caught in their throats and they lunged towards their own targets.

Chae Rim managed to finally use that small knife she had before after Hyorin had wrestled the gun away from her and now she had a deep gash in the right side. After that it went downhill for Chae Rim and after the ringing of the 5th bullet died out, her body collapsed down and Hyorin for the first time did not feel any guilt in the kill she had made. She owed this one to a little boy who was waiting for news.

"I have one more bullet... just. For. You" She spat through gritted teeth as she held her bleeding wound and staggered over to the man she had never really had it in her to call father.

"Hyorin please I'm your father—" He began struggling against Ji Yong's hold.

"Shut up" She snapped " MY father? I only had my mother and you took her from me you bastard. You killed her and then manipulated me! So you're going to atone for all your sins. I could torture you... but I'm sick and tired of you so you're going to end it right now" She whispered as she got down on her knees besides him and motioned for Ji Yong to hold him tighter.

With  a cold look in her eyes, she gripped his hand and placed her weight on the wrist until she heard an audible crack that she knew would haunt her later. His scream rang out around them and she ignored it, keeping the memory of her mother in her mind.

"You should have killed me with my mother... you were greedy and this is the price you pay" She hissed as she grabbed his broken wrists and folded it 90 degrees forward and placed the gun in his hand, with her own hands around his.

He screamed louder, his eyes widening at the gun and she realized what a coward this man was. Sending people to kill for him, but more afraid than all of them. It was disgusting to watch she decided. She brought his hand up to his own temple and watched him as he spit out false apologies. He didn't feel anything, she could tell. All he was afraid for was his own life.

"I hope you regret every second you of your life where you're going" She whispered and without another second to waste she forced him to press the trigger and it was done.

She let go quickly and let the gun drop besides them. Ji Yong stood up first and helped her up.

"It's over Hyorin" He said softly and she nodded.

For the first time, she felt really free. It was perfect. She had done her part and now things would be alright. The tightening guilt that she always felt was melting away because this was something that she had to do ever since she stepped foot in here even though at the time she didn't know it.

"Let's go" Ji Yong said as she stumbled on her way out of the large office.

"I have to get something" Hyorin whispered.

"I'll come with you" He offered taking a step forward.

"No it's alright go meet up with Seung Hyun. I have to do this by myself" She insisted and went on her way.

She made her way down slowly, holding her side tightly even though stabs of pain made her dizzy and stumbled a couple of times. But it was all alright compared to the feeling she got when she walked into her room knowing he would be there. And it was just like she had imagined it. He was there waiting for her patiently, except in real life he looked worn down and his wrist was bleeding.

"It's over" She whispered as a small sob escaped with it as she leaned into his body, putting an arm around him.

"Yes it is" He whispered into her hair, "You got hurt..."

"Just a little. I'll be fine" She said with a wince as another stab of pain shot through. She pulled the key from her pocket and unlocked him, wasting no time to really push herself into his arms and smiling as he wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"Can we go now?" She whispered weakly, the stab wound was really getting to her.

"No... we can't" Jaejoong whispered.

"W-what? Why?" She asked him pulling away to search his eyes. He wouldn't look at her and she knew there was something bad coming.

"Hyorin... I love you. I really do, but don't you think we can have a happier life if we're not together?" He said with a lot of difficulty. This was for her own good he reminded himself. She should have the chance to have a normal life like he never really could give her.

"No, we can't. We can't be happy without each other" She said quickly.

"Yes we can Hyorin. Please you have to try. We have a chance to be normal and we can't be normal together...." He whispered, seeing how her heart was breaking in front of him was killing him, why was this so hard? "Our pasts will always haunt us"

"Why are you saying this now? Why can't we be normal together Jaejoong. I love you. I can't... I can't be without you... I don't want to be without you!" Hyorin insisted, the tears finally spilling down as her head spun and she swayed in his arms. This was too much. This was supposed to be a good day, a good moment.

"Look at you Hyorin! Because of me you're here and hurt! You need a normal life one that you can be safe in where you don't have to worry about being chased" He pleaded as she placed a hand on the side of her face and placed a small kiss on her lips.

It was salty from her tears and he was shocked when a drop fell from his eyes onto her cheek.

"Please no... don't go Jaejoong"

"We were never supposed to meet. I awes never supposed to fall in love with you. As it is, we already pushed our luck. Seung Hyun came and talked to me...if we separate you can have a normal life and... so can I. I won't be persecuted or be wanted anymore" He whispered pulling her into his arms.

He didn't care about that. Seung Hyun could throw him in jail for all he cared, but he wanted Hyorin... and now.. he couldn't even have her because the was right. He was being selfish.

"You'll have a new start...." Hyorin sobbed as she forced herself to think about Jaejoong.

He didn't want to join this line of business but he had to because he was young and he was parentless and now... she could do something for him. Something out of her love. For him. Even though it might kill her. For every time he had protected her, for all that he had comforted her, for the love he had shown her... she could pay him back.

"Oh god... I don't think I can" He admitted.

"I want you to be happy" She whispered, "So that means you can't ever do something illegal or hurt anyone ever again. And you'll... you'll have to learn to live peacefully, learn to cook, always eating out is unhealthy" She choked out as she dug her nails into his back trying to memorize everything about him.

"You too... you have to be happy. Above everything meet a man who makes you happy. A man with a good job and who treats you well. You have to be happy" He muttered into her shoulder as a small sob went through his body.

He hadn't cried since he was seven.

"Jaejoong someday... can we meet again?" She cried.

"Yeah someday... I'll come find you" He whispered, knowing that it wasn't going to happen. He would never stop loving her and if he looked for her. He would disrupt her life and take her away.

"Liar" She accused as a knock rang on her door.

"Hyorin! Are you there!" Seung Hyun asked from the other side.

"I'm coming" She called out, not once taking her eyes away from Jaejoong.

"You should forget me" He whispered hurriedly.

"I'll never forget you" She answered honestly and with that she pushed herself out of his arms and into a standing position. Placing her hand on the gash on her side she gave him a weak smile and turned away.

With that, she turned herself off and walked out the door where Seung Hyun waited with a satisfied expression in his eyes.

"You made the right choice" He whispered as he helped her down.

"No. YOU made the choice for me. It was the wrong one too" She whispered as more tears spilled out and she refused to look back.

"He told you?"

"I was going to figure it out eventually even if he hadn't. Jaejoong wouldn't have left without me if it hadn't been for you" She accused as he opened the door and helped her into his car.

"I know and I'm sorry but it was for the best"

"You better keep your word. Jaejoong's record better be wiped clean and you better hope he spends the rest of his days the as the happiest man on earth" She said groggily as she felt the blood loss making her lose her mind.

"I'm going to regret this aren't I?" She muttered.

"Yes you are" Seung Hyun said gently and that was the last thing she remembered before she passed out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well.... this was my originally planned ending. I have some thinking to do so I'm not marking it as final because I think I might want to come back and give them a happy ending, becuase I really like happy endings.... XD But yeah I'll update soon and probably pick it back up because I did have an idea on what I wanted to do if I was gonna continue with this so I threw the set up somewhere in one of the past 5 chapters I think so it should be all good ^^

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting! =)