Careful Who You Mess With

Shadows In His Heart

Hyorin walked with a new sense of determination in mind. She had just needed a few moments to calm herself. It was a new day and on this day she didn't care about Jaejoong or what he did. She would only care about doing her job and doing it right. So she decided to take it upon herself to find him. He couldn't ignore her forever right? Clearly, he had moved on she thought as she remembered the night before. Not caring whether he was awake or not she took a breath and knocked on his door loudly. No answer. So she knocked again.

"Can I help you?" Came the cool voice of the same woman she had seen the night before.

"... I just needed to talk to Jaejoong" Hyorin heard herself say much more calmly than she felt as she noticed that the girl's hair was wet and that she was only wearing one of Jaejoong's long shirts.

"Oh, he left early this morning, you must be Hyorin right?" She said a fake smile on her face, "My name's Chae Rim" She introduced, enjoying the look of discomfort on her face. She wasn't lying, Jaejoong had been gone by the time Chae Rim had managed to break her way in to find him so she had decided to make herself at home. Who would've known things would work out for the better when Hyorin would come to his door.

"He left already. Well, then I'll just come back later... nice to meet you Chae Rim" Hyorin said as she tried to keep her mind from thinking all the things that this moment implied. In all this time, Hyorin had never seen Jaejoong let a woman stay over. She must be special.

"No, he told me to train you in his place. You know, because he'd be gone so I'll meet you down in the training area" Chae Rim ordered as she shut the door in Hyorin's face, not allowing her to get in another  word.

Hyorin scoffed as she turned and headed down to the training arena. He wanted his new girlfriend to train her?! What the hell was wrong with him?! She must be in the same line of work Hyorin thought bitterly. Also, Chae Rim was a very stupid name and Hyorin didn't like her at all. That woman looked vicious. She was pretty, but in that dangerous it'd be hard to love her kind of way and suddenly she wondered if Jaejoong loved her. It seemed like he fell in and out of love easily. She shook her head, she had no business thinking about that. It was his life she had other things to focus on she told herself as she began to stretch and waited.

One long hour passed before Chae Rim finally showed up. While Hyorin wore so loose sweat pants and a normal t-shirt, she had clearly put more effort into her outfit. Wearing tight sweat pants with little glittering studs on the side. It was a nice pair of pants Hyorin admitted grudgingly suddenly feeling  under dressed.

"So what's your relationship with Jaejoong?" Chae Rim asked casually as with no warning she suddenly ran forward and kicked Hyorin's feet from under her, leaving her on the ground as she looked down on her from above, "and don't worry you can just refer to me as unnie from now on"

"He trains me" Hyorin answered simply as she tried to keep her temper in check while she stood up and looked at her new 'unnie' square in the face.

"That's nice. You must hate having him as a trainer" Chae Rim said, trying to seem aloof as she once again went for Hyorin and started sparring with her, "He's such a cold guy to people who aren't personally close to him"

"Is he cold to you? I've never felt that he was to me" Hyorin lied, relishing the angry expression that crossed Chae Rim's face. Her attacks intensified and Hyorin was glad Jaejoong had been her trainer all this time, otherwise she might not have been able to hold her own.

"No we're very, very close" Chae Rim snapped as she shut and began to actually attack Hyorin.

The fact that Hyorin could block and dodge most of her hits only served to get her angrier and angrier and both women could tell. All of the hate Chae Rim had felt suddenly came rushing back in waves. She looked at the girl in front of her, that smug look in her face and hated her all the more. So she did something Hyorin wasn't expecting. Like a cobra she struck her arm out and grabbed a fistful of Hyorin's long hair and pulled her towards her as she gave her a swift punch in the jaw.

Hyorin's cried out as she felt Chae Rim's foot then contact with her spine and she sent her flying into the floor. They were supposed to just be used their feet and hands! No grabbing, that was definitely not part of any training and definitely not hitting the face. Hyorin looked up angrily as Chae Rim approached her slowly, looking like a tiger about to devour its prey. She knelt down besides Hyorin and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry, seems like you weren't quite... what's this?" She asked, a sickeningly fake sweet tone of voice as she moved Hyorin's sleeve and saw the bandage on her shoulder. With a somewhat feral grin she squeezed down on it, not missing Hyorin's wince.

"Let me tell you something, Jaejoong is mine. He's always been mine. I don't know how much you know, but I'll warn you now. Stay far away from him alright?" She warned as she dug her fingers into her wound, finally causing Hyorin to cry out as blood seeped out, "There was another girl like you, her name was Yu Jin and just like I made sure she was out of my way I can just as easily get rid of you too" She hissed her beautiful face contorting with such hate that Hyorin grit her teeth and said nothing, her jaw sore from the punch and a burning pain emanating from the hold she had on her shoulder.

"Alright lessons over for the day!" Chae Rim called out as she suddenly let go and stood up, "This was good for us right Hyorin? I'm glad I came back, I'll see you later!" She said in a mockingly sing song tone.

Despite the pain Hyorin pushed herself back up and went over to the stand, grabbing a long wooden pole. Chae Rim's back was to her and this time Hyorin didn't hold back. Despite the fact that her shoulder felt like it was on fire she swung out and just like she thought Chae Rim didn't see it coming. She struck on her back sending her stumbling forward as a somewhat confused Chae Rim attempted to block. But Hyorin was far angrier and far more determined as she searched for open spots and when she did make contact, she made sure there would be bruises left for a long time.

"Hey! Stop this right now!" Chae Rim screamed in the midst of the fight. Surprised when Hyorin suddenly kicked the long pole out at her.

"Sorry.... unnie, I guess I got carried away. I forgot to warn you, I don't know what type of girl Yu Jin was, but I'm not her so don't think you can mess with me like you did with her and as for Jaejoong, I don't want him I'm not here to fall in love so you go deal with your own and leave me the alone!" Hyorin snapped as she left her there and went off to her room.

With a hiss of pain Hyorin took off her shirt and looked at the blood seeping from her bandages. Fighting to keep her breath even she peeled the bandages off and biting her lip she cleaned up the mess that had made. The wound was healing nicely, it was the way her claws had dug in that opened it back up. Firmly she bandaged it back up scrambling to find a pain killer and quickly taking it afterwards. Hyorin ran a hand through her long hair, her scalp sore at the spot where it had been pulled. The next time she would see Jaejoong she would warn him to keep his girlfriend away from her.

Hyorin spent the rest of the day and the night in her room with a cold compress on her jaw, although she could already tell it wouldn't make a difference since she could already see a deep purple settling in. It was a miracle that hadn't gone after a more prominent part of her face. Finally at around 2am  and very aware that there was someone that deeply seemed to hate her was roaming the halls Hyorin cautiously went to get something to eat.

"Sorry!" She said as Siwon bumped into her, a vexed look on his face.

"Hyorin! It's great to see you! And what happened to your face?!" He said, his expression clearing up.

"It is? And nothing, I got hurt training" She answered as she fished change out of her pocket and looked longingly at the vending machine only a few feet away.

"Yeah it is and be more careful during training" He said as he pushed a set of car keys and a piece of paper into her hands, "I'm really tired and was just going to bed and I got this call to go pick up Jaejoong from some bar or whatever and since you're already awake and you two work together you can go get him"

"No I'm hungry and then I'm going to bed. It's late" Hyorin muttered, suddenly very annoyed.

"Fine, I guess I'll have to go find Chae Rim... I heat dealing with her though but I'm pretty sure she's my only hope" Siwon answered dreading the thought of all the effort he would have to put into finding her... at this rate he might as well go himself.

"Actually I can do it. You know, you look tired and you should probably get some rest. I'll take care of it" Hyorin said quickly as she took back the keys and address and with a last longing look at the vending machine ran off to the car garage.

She didn't care what Chae Rim did... nope not at all. She didn't even care what she and Jaejoong did together. But Siwon did look so tired... she was just doing a good deed she told herself as she hopped into the black car and drove off, a smile on her face.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I can't imagine having to rewrite any of these chapters thank god I saved on my computer instead of just leaving my chapters on here. Mostly because when I try to rewrite something it just never seems as good as the first time I wrote it. There just doesn't seem to be the same feeling. Anyways, the second chapter of my chapter updates for last week is finally up. I'm putting the finishing touches on the next update so that will probably be up in a couple hours (imagine the surprise for the ppl that read this and didn't see my posts 3 days ago, triple surprise!) ^___^ Still, I hope the site stays up and working fine because it would be a pain to have to repost these same chapters again :/

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!