Calm Before The Storm

Shadows In His Heart

Hyorin stretched out as she slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes as she felt the cool empty bed around her. With small yawn she suddenly noticed her lack of clothes and the night before replayed in her mind. She sat up, holding the sheets tightly around her, and looked around her empty bedroom. Had the night before really happened? Her face reddened as she reached out for one her shirts, laid out neatly at the edge of her bed.

Every single excruciatingly descriptive detail played out in her mind and Hyorin rolled over and screamed into her pillow from a mix of frustration and embarrassment... with an entire bucket of silly happiness thrown in. In one moment everything she had worked so hard to establish was gone. Also, she didn't even understand how her first kiss had almost turned into her first everything. She just, couldn't seem to stop herself and just thinking about it... She shook herself and wondered if Jaejoong would begin to avoid her all over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clothes that laid in front of him looked worn out and used, but that was the reason he had bought them straight off the man's back. They even had a faint odor, but Yesung knew he couldn't afford to take them to get washed. The difference in styles was useful though. While he opted to wear more clean cut types of clothes the large black hooded sweatshirt with the ripped up jeans made him look younger than he really was.

Handling the clothes with care he put them in his briefcase along with the other things he needed and after making sure there was no one around he snuck out of his room. Walking calm, just in case he was caught by a random security camera, he exited the building through the back and hopped on a lonely bike hidden off the side. He went off to a small coffee shop with no security cameras and made sure to take the most hidden path he could.

He pushed the doors open, acting aloof he headed straight into the bathroom, knowing the shop owners wouldn't really care since he had come by before. Yesung locked the doors behind him and pulled out the clothes. Going as fast as he could he shed his normal clothes and put on his new attire. Drawing the hood over his head, he opened the window in the small bathroom and threw his suitcase outside. Pausing to unlock the door he too climbed out and set off to the extremely busy library of Seoul university. One of the few places where it would be near impossible for his mission to be tracked back to him. With over 500 students easily accessing the open internet there, he should be safe.

Just in case though, he made sure to walk over there and 'accidentally' leave his gps enabled phone back in his office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyorin tensed as soon as she walked into the training area. She could smell the cheap and heavy perfume from the other end of the hallway, but hoped that Chae Rim had just been passing by. Instead, she walked in to find her whispering something to Jaejoong, a very cozy hand on his shoulder. Hyorin closed the door behind her loudly, annoyed even further when Chae Rim did nothing, but glance at her briefly as she moved closer to Jaejoong.

"Let's begin, it's been a while and we have a lot to do" Jaejoong said, cutting off whatever Chae Rim was saying and abruptly walking away from her.

Her eyes narrowed a fraction and met Hyorin's, silently blaming her.

Hyorin was uncomfortable to say the least, as she practiced with Jaejoong. She could feel Chae Rim's cold eyes on her the entire time, calculating something she wasn't quite sure she wanted to know about. Scoffing every time Hyorin would mess up, which thankfully wasn't that much. Meanwhile, Hyorin tried to make eye contact with Jaejoong, trying to get some sort of confirmation of what had happened the night before... and why he was so chummy with Chae Rim. He moved so fast that she never got the chance and it was really beginning to piss her off as her own counterattacks intensified.

She messed up though, her mind so wrapped up in analyzing what had happened that she could only blink as Jaejoong's suddenly reached out and grabbed her arm fiercely tight and stopped his fist within inches of her face. He glared at her, her poor performance bothering him, as he stepped back and turned to Chae Rim.

"Get out. She's not focusing" Jaejoong ordered coldly.

"What? No I want to stay" She whined.

"Get out!" He barked.

"Why? Why do you need to be in here alone with her?" She asked accusingly.

"Fine then make yourself useful" He snapped, "Spar with her. Absolutely no facial contact" He added angrily.

Chae Rim looked at him in surprise and back to Hyorin, eyeing the faint bruise she had left on her face. She rolled her eyes and with a feral grin she stretched out and stepped onto the mat. Jaejoong nodded and they began.

Hyorin felt even more uncomfortable now than before. It was fine sparring with Chae Rim, it was as civilized as sparring could be anyways. She just didn't understand why Jaejoong wouldn't just kick her out though. She didn't need to practice with her. Hyorin's eyes quickly slid to Jaejoong's and their gazes met. Hyorin couldn't help herself, this relationship business was still relatively new to her, so how was she supposed to know that she couldn't even hold his gaze without looking away immediately, a growing blush on her face. Hyorin saw the change in Chae Rim's face as she caught the small exchange that had only lasted a fraction of a second. Her eyes grew cold and hard and her gaze narrowed as her moves became more directed.

It was only a few moments later that Hyorin saw something glint in her hand, in the next second Jaejoong was standing in front of her and Chae Rim landed on the ground from a particularly vicious flip that Jaejoong had made sure forced her to land outside the mat.

"Get the hell out of here" He spoke, his voice so emotionless and cold that it was nothing but a threat.

Chae Rim knew she had pushed her limits as far as she could for the day. So she pasted a fake smile on her face and shrugged, giving the small pocketknife a twirl and skillfully hiding it in her pants pocket once again.

"I was just kidding, I'd never hurt a fellow coworker" She chimed as she walked out, the loud slam of the door betraying her fury.

"I don't want her here when we train. I don't want to be anywhere near that psycho" Hyorin said angrily.

"Fine. Now go shower, we're done for now. We've got a new mission coming up soon. Your fighting has gotten better. Focus more on your target next time" Jaejoong said dismissively.

"She pulled a knife on me and that's all you have to say? Why was she even here to begin with?" Hyorin asked.

"I don't know she just showed up" He answered calmly.

Hyorin stared at him, at his dismissal of her and scoffed in disbelief.

"What happened last night? Were you drunk, was that it?" She asked, her body tense and apprehensive of his answer.

"Yes I was" He answered flippantly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"" Hyorin muttered angrily a she turned to leave when he caught her.

"I was kidding" Jaejoong said with a grimace.

"Really? Because that wasn't funny" She snapped.

"I'm not exactly a funny type of guy" He admitted awkwardly, "and clearly I won't try it again"

"Seriously though, what was that yesterday? I mean what are we now? Ugh, that is... has anything changed between us?" She asked him quietly.

"Everything's changed Hyorin" Jaejoong answered.

"What does that even mean Jaejoong?" She asked as she looked up at him.

"It means that because everything's changed we have to be even more careful. This has to be kept a secret between us. You've seen Chae Rim, she's crazy and sadly she's not the only one in this building to be like that. It's safer for you if no one knows" He said to her.

"... That's not much of a relationship is it?" She asked, feeling unreasonably disappointed, she knew it was going to be like this.

"No, it isn't" He answered truthfully.

"It won't be that bad. There'll be moments when we can get away and if we go far enough we won't have to hide" He assured as he brushed a stray piece of hair away from her face, "Also, I can make this relationship worth your while..." Jaejoong teased as his lips touched hers softly.

"You're trying to distract me" Hyorin muttered as he wrapped his arms around her and she turned her head away.

"Is it working?" He whispered into her ear.

"No, I'm still mad at you for always going off and leaving me without any explanations" She told him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to the whole communicating thing" Jaejoong apologized, "If I take you somewhere will you forgive me?"

"Take me somewhere... like a date?" She asked him curiously.

".... I suppose" He said thoughtfully.

"Well it wouldn't hurt" She answered, a decisively happier tone in her voice as she allowed a small smile onto her face.

Jaejoong laughed softly as he bent down to kiss her, her arms entwining around his neck and his hand resting behind her. He was enjoying the kiss, so much that when his phone rang and rang out he ignored it,. The ringing wouldn't stop though and with much reluctance he pulled back. Hyorin cleared as they parted, her cheeks flushed.

"What?" Jaejoong snapped.

"What?!" He answered again, surprise in his voice as his eyes met Hyorin's questioning ones, "How long ago?! Yes, I understand"

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly as he briskly hung up and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

"Someone's hacked our systems" Jaejoong answered tensely, "I've got to go. I'll see you later" He said as he took one last look at her and took off knowing he couldn't tell her that it was only her case files that had been specifically targeted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

IMPORTANT UPDATE NOTE: Hello there! Well, I'll get to the point, my school year is almost done (only about a month and a half left) and now is the time where my finals are coming up and of course, all my professors have decided that research papers is the new trend. Anyways, I'm really sorry about how my updates have been coming in super slow lately, I'm promise it's not just me being lazy! I will try my hardest to update once a week or whenever I have time, but until school ends I can only promise an update once every two weeks T-T

Thanks you guys for sticking with my story despite my crazy schedule and unreliable update moments. You guys are daebak!!! (ahhh that was really lame wasn't it? ^_^" It doesn't matter I look for moments to use that word wayyy too much lately XD)

Thanks for reading/writing/subscribing  ^____^