The Woman From His Past

Shadows In His Heart

Jaejoong walked his mind deep in thought. In many ways, he felt more than stupid. His mind took all the evidence he thought he had collected and sorted it through again. Did she really have no feelings for him? The way she sometimes looked at him, that connection he sometimes felt with her, it couldn't have possibly all been in his mind right? He shook a strand of stray hair from his face and continued walking to where the low thump of music could already be heard. He should have never said anything to her he told himself for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

It was like those words had a mind of their own. They had fought against his brain and finally managed to claw their way out of his throat for her to hear. Even as he spoke them he wondered what he was doing and why he couldn't stop. He was making the same mistake he had made long ago with Yu Jin. Just the thought of her brought back another wave of painful memories. Jaejoong remembered Hyorin's words of contempt and immediately his mood darkened even more.

Pushing the doors open to the somewhat run down building, he met eyes with a man dressed all in black and with a quick nod he continued on his way. The smell of smoke and liquor immediately surrounded him as he turned to the left and walked down the loud old steps to the basement below. Would Hyorin really be so quick to judge him if she knew what had landed him in that position to begin. Would she even understand the conditions that forced him to work in that place to begin with? In the end, it really depended on her Jaejoong thought bitterly.

A waiter walked over and took Jaejoong's order for the usual vodka, not just the shot but the whole bottle this time. As he waited for his drink he stared down at the glass table in front of him and stared at his faint reflection. Was that what a monster looked like he asked himself, suddenly more and more desperate for that drink. He had been called worse, was it because those words had come from her innocent lips that they bothered him so much? His drink finally came, promising an escape from his own thoughts. He tipped the waiter, poured himself a drink and downed it in one chug.

It burned its way down his throat. Both hot and cool at the same time in a way that he just couldn't explain. He had managed to avoid Hyorin for the past two nights and taking a look at that bottle he knew tonight would make it three. That was fine with him. He didn't really want to see her anyways he thought as he filled his cup to the rim.

"Can I join in?" A soft sultry voice whispered from behind him as Jaejoong felt a pair of soft bare arms wrap around his shoulders. A very feminine scent burst through the smell of smoke and liquor and surrounded him teasingly.

"No" He spoke clearly, cursing his luck for making sure she would be here on the one night he actually decided to come in. He would have been better off drinking in his room.

"It's been so long and you blow me off just like that?" She whispered, her lips lightly touching the edge of his ear, causing him to roughly move his head to the side.

"Get your hands off me Chae Rim" He said an edge of aggression tinting his tone.

With a gentle laugh she slowly eased her hands off his shoulders making sure to take her sweet time. She smiled as she walked around him and took a seat in front of him. Making sure to angle herself so that he could have a good view of her long bare legs in the process.

"Nice skirt" He mocked snidely as he took another drink.

"Don't pretend you don't like it" She answered, her smile widening as she leaned forward.

Jaejoong scoffed at the arrogant woman in front of him. She was sure putting an effort into wearing less and less clothes every time he saw her he noticed as he ran an appreciative look at her legs, finally reaching up to her face.

"It's been a while seen we've seen each other, what was it... right, that mission a couple years ago right?" She asked casually, taking his cup and taking a long drink, leaving a dark red lip stain on the edge.

"Yeah" He answered annoyed as he pushed the cup towards and signaled the waiter to bring him a clean one.

"I told you to come find me after all the fun we had. Weren't you lonely without me all this time?" Chae Rim asked, smiling at his obvious dismissal of her.

"Not at all" He said, keeping his answers short, hoping she would just take the hint and leave.

"Let's catch up" She said, keeping the same calm smile on her face.

"No thanks" Jaejoong finished as he refilled his cup.

Despite his rejection, Chae Rim stayed and eventually Jaejoong grew tired of acknowledging her and just drank and drank trying to pretend she wasn't there. Eventually he felt his mind begin to swim hazily and he figured he should get home. He stood up paying and tipping the waiter for the bottles on the table and went to the exit. He walked up the staircase, aware of the click of high heels behind him. When he stumbled at the top she used the opportunity to gently push him into the wall behind him.

"No good bye kiss?" She whispered, placing her hands on his chest and leaning in so close that if he even shifted the wrong way their lips would meet.

"Not for you. Now take the hint and get the hell out of here" He muttered.

"I don't want to. I'm still your co-worker you know. Just because I'm sort of free lance and don't live in that place doesn't mean you can just throw all respect out the window.... why are you here Jaejoong? You never drink this much in other places... are you remembering Yu Jin?" Chae Rim whispered, her hand resting on the side of his face. For years she had wanted him, first it was that woman then it was her ghost. Chae Rim had given him time, taking jobs out of the country to keep herself away. It must have been fate that on the day she had returned he had walked in. She knew that he didn't let other women in his heart and she was also confident she could do it.

"It wasn't your fault" She continued, knowing that it was both the truth and what he wanted to hear.

He looked at her then and allowed her to move in on him and kiss him. Her lips were soft even as she pressed herself up against him. It was nice, he wasn't going to lie, but it wasn't the same. Because while he kissed her another moment crossed his mind and it certainly had nothing to do with Chae Rim or even Yu Jin and yet this would have to do for now.

"Maybe we should continue this back at your place" She whispered, slightly out of breath as she suddenly pulled away.

~~~~~~~~

Hyorin was walking back from his door when she saw them walk past. Jaejoong and a woman walked past her, paying absolutely no attention to her. Hyorin turned in surprise as she looked back to them. The woman had arm wrapped around him as she walked by him confidently. She was pretty, Hyorin noticed in a haze. She had short brown hair that suited her perfectly carved out features and the clothes she wore did nothing, but accentuate her body.

Hyorin stared intently as Jaejoong fished keys out of his pockets and as he unlocked his door the woman looked up briefly, her eyes meeting Hyorin's curiously before she ignored her and walked in after Jaejoong. The door shut behind them and the sound echoed down the long hallway. Hyorin stood like an idiot and tried to make sense of what had just happened. She wasn't dreaming was she? Was this a bad dream she asked herself. It had been three days since she last saw him and suddenly he pops up with a woman?

She fought the urge to walk to his door and interrupt what would happen inside. She even ran through fake scenarios she could tell him. Maybe the building was on fire, her wound opened... and countless other things. But instead she told herself that it didn't matter as she ran back to her room hoping that she wouldn't get any more terrible surprises like that. Because she was the one that had turned him down to begin with so who was she to get mad or feel hurt is he had gotten over her in three days. Good for him, now she had one less person to worry about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong was very aware of Hyorin's presence as they had walked past her in the hallway and he wondered if she was shocked as he found himself on his bed. Chae Rim quickly climbed on top of him, kissing him as her hands expertly ran down his chest ing his shirt with the skill of a pro. He moved through the motions for five minutes, he counted. As he kissed Chae Rim back, allowing to take his shirt off and rub up against him all she wanted before he finally pushed her out. He figured that Hyorin would be gone by then.

"What the are you doing?!" Chae Rim asked as she stumbled on the bed, her hair a wild mess.

"Get out Chae Rim. OUT!" He said, raising his voice as he swung his legs off the other side of the bed and pulled his shirt back on, throwing her discarded coat back to her.

She stared at him in shock, trying to comprehend why he would bring her all the way back to his room only to push him away. Inexplicably her mind put it together for her as she remembered the girl in the hallway that was just staring at them as they walked in. Could it be...?

"Were you using me to make someone jealous?" She seethed.

"You've gotten smarter Chae Rim. Then again, maybe that's just common sense?" Jaejoong snapped, his patience quickly reaching breaking point.

Chae Rim clenched her teeth furiously as she thought back to that plain thing in the hallway. That thing was on Jaejoong's mind? That was the reason he was drinking like that in the bar? After all this time she wanted to give him, after all the times he pushed her away despite her own feelings for him he decides to fall for that pathetic excuse of a woman? Just like Yu Jin, some other stupid little thing was taking away the man she had wanted for so long?!

" you Jaejoong, you think you can just use me like that? You forget that I'm every bit as dangerous as you" Chae Rim said, a deadly look on her face as she felt sudden hatred bubble up inside of her. Not for him, she loved him, but for that girl.

"I don't forget, I just really don't care" He said.

"I love you" She said suddenly.

"And I'm pretty sure I made it clear all those years ago that I didn't. We slept together because we were bored, I thought I had made that clear. Couldn't you tell when I just didn't give a when you suddenly showed up tonight?" Jaejoong said clearly. He knew the way Chae Rim worked, she wouldn't take the hint and needed to have things clearly laid out on the table.

"That girl, she doesn't' suit you. I can already tell. With her wide eyes and that stupid look on her face, I bet she doesn't understand all the things you've done. Every person you've killed... she probably judges you for it" She mocked.

"Get out!" He yelled angrily, as he walked over to her and literally pushed her out his door, shutting it tightly behind him.

"Hey! Jaejoong!" She screamed as she banged on the door until she finally gave up, her knuckles red from the contact with the door. She thought hard as she went off to get some information.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The one weekend I aimed to do a triple update and I actually got 2 of the three posted, AFF goes and crashed for like 3 days and erases my two new updates, plus my comments and my wall posts TT. I'm guessing they won't come back so I'm just reposting them. Sorry for the confusion not my fault ^-^ I am glad the site is back up though becuase I was beginning to get worried for a second! Also for the life of me I can't remember what the title for this chapter was supposed to be and I can't come up with one....

Thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!