Love and Hate Don't Mix

Shadows In His Heart

"Do you trust me?" Hyorin asked as she moved behind the chair Jaejoong occupied.

"Yes" He answered without a thought.

"Good, then close your eyes" She whispered as she leaned forward and draped an arm around him. He chuckled, wondering what this was all about as he followed her directions.

Hyorin stared at him for a second, who would have thought that the infinitely neurotic Kim Jaejoong would one day trust her so much as to simply shut his eyes without another thought. For a moment she thought of the all too comfortable feeling she had enjoyed this morning as she woke up in Jaejoong's arms. After their conversation that night they had drank more and though she couldn't remember anything past a certain point, the knowledge that they at least got one last night together was enough.

She pulled him up and he followed along blindly, a lazy smile on his face which quickly turned into a smirk as she gently sat him down on the edge of the bed. He heard the clattering of something and curiosity burned in him as he felt her pull his wrist up.

"What the hell?!" He asked as in less than a second he found himself handcuffed to the bed post. He looked lost as he looked up at her and Hyorin stared back with a grim look on her face.

"I'm sorry. I just can't take any chances, it was either this or drugging you and—" She explained quickly as she stepped out of his reach as Jaejoong lunged forward angrily, his eyes dark as the bed post limited his movement and kept him in place.

"What are you doing Hyorin? Why are you doing this?" He asked taking deep breaths as once again he struggled against the cuffs, which were beginning to dig into his skin every time he tugged.

She stepped back and quickly ran over to her dresser. With a strain of effort she pushed it to the side and Jaejoong watched as a brown paper bag appeared. She grabbed it and standing a safe distance away from him, spilled the contents on the floor. His eyes widened as he saw the phone and gun and the small vial of liquid.

"What did you do?" He whispered in shock as multiple scenarios crossed his mind, none of them good.

"Tonight on my call NIS agents are going to pour into this place and burn it to the ground. They'll kill my... your boss and his closest associates, they'll kill you, and they'll free all the people that are suffering below us" Hyorin explained.

"I... why..." He stuttered feeling at a loss for words at the sudden information. Just a couple hours ago they had been happy and normal and now this?, "You know" He breathed as it dawned on him.

"Yes" She answered quickly, "I've known for a while"

"God Hyorin why didn't you say anything?" Jaejoong asked, feeling his mind reel. All this time, she had known about everything.

"And then what? Ask you for an explanation so that you could tell someone and they could kill me?" She demanded.

"I would never let them touch you" He growled angrily.

"You'll excuse me if I can't exactly trust you right?" She accused as he slumped back and shook his head unsure of what to say.

"I understand" He whispered, "You must hate me, I won't fight this. I deserve this for all the times I've lied to you" He had done what he could and now... now, he was done.

"... I don't hate you. I love you too much to hate you" Hyorin said quietly watching him as he blinked a couple of times and looked down at her, a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"I never meant to lie to you like this" He confessed suddenly, her words giving him the courage to try to explain himself, "I just didn't want to lose you Hyorin. You mean everything to me... I couldn't lose you"

"I know... I know that" She whispered as she cautiously stood up and approached him. She placed her hands on the sides of his face and kissed him slowly, "You mean everything to me too. That's why I want you to come with me. I'll still help Seung Hyun destroy this place, but you and me... we could run away after. We can change. It doesn't have to be like this for us"

"Why don't you hate me? I've done horrible things, I've lied to you" He said in wonder.

"I told you... I tried to hate you. I was angry, I was hurt, and I felt sick, but I could never hate you. Your lies and all that I want to forgive because I trust you to never lie to me again. So I'm doing this for myself, I want you with me. I don't want to let you go" She breathed as she held him.

"I don't deserve you" He said softly.

"I know" Hyorin replied with a small smile as she pulled away and picked up the phone laying on the floor, "It's time. I'm gonna hide you Jaejoong and you can't make a noise until I come back for you, if someone comes in they'll find you handcuffed and they'll leave you alone just act knocked out" She explained hurriedly as she texted Seung Hyun and looked up at Jaejoong nervously.

Jaejoong nodded in understanding as she sent the text and got up, grabbing a sweatshirt she loaded the gun and tucked it into her pants and pulled the sweatshirt over it and went for the door.

"Be careful" He said suddenly.

"You too" She said and turning back to take one last look at him she flipped off her lights and walked out, her heart in .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trying to seem casual Hyorin strolled past the hallways and open door down to the central security room. No one paid any particular attention to her as she reached the large white doors and knocked three times. A rather short and bald man opened the door. On his waist rested a large glock and he leaned on the door frame as he looked her over and smirked.

"Ya need something baby?" He asked in a sleazy tone that made it hard for Hyorin to not laugh in his face.

"Jaejoong sent me down. He needs some footage from doors A-4 and A-6 real quick" She said in a practiced cool tone.

The guard tilted his head and chewed his gum for an extra second as he considered her words and Hyorin resisted the urge to push past him.

"Alright" He finally said as he pushed the door open all the way and let her in. Hyorin walked in calmly and a sense of security settled in once she heard the click of the automatic closing door settling in. She knew those doors couldn't be opened from the outside and that they locked each and every time automatically as they closed, she was counting on it tonight.

"It's in here" He said as he led her to a bookshelf filled with small DVDs labeled by date and location.

Hyorin stepped up and pretended to be looking for what she needed as she mentally calculated the number of guards, there were only three inside today. It would be fast she reasoned, she would knock them all out, being careful not to really hurt them, they were simply hired guns after all. Tie them up and then shut off the security systems. Easy she decided with a feeling of pride when she suddenly jumped up as a hand landed on her and squeezed.

"What the hell?!" She yelled as she the guard who had left her in, the other two were subtly looking away.

"What's the matter baby, I ain't that bad" He whispered a smirk on his face and she wondered how a smirk could give off such different feels when on different people.

"You're going to regret that, baby" She mocked as she lunged forward and punched him square in the face.

He scream in surprised and the other two looked up and scrambled up from their chairs. Hyorin ignored their yells as she grabbed sleazy guard and threw him into the second one. As they struggled on the ground, tangled in each other she went for the one with the big wide eyes of surprise and more easily than she expected tore the gun from his grip, pulled him down by his hair and with the help of a good kick to the gut pistol whipped him so he laid crumpled in the ground out cold.

The other two had finally sorted themselves out and sleazy guy was in the middle of getting when she stalked forward and kicked out her right leg, hitting him square in the jaw and sending him sprawling backwards. The tallest one, looked panicked as his co worked went flying backwards into the wall and turned to look at Hyorin in surprise. He was new she noticed as he shakily took a step backwards. This was her lucky day she deiced as she lunged forward only to have him drop to the ground, his arms over his head.

"Grab him" She commanded and the tall one, who she just realized was also the youngest one of the bunch , nodded meekly and went to grab the one who had touched her in the beginning.

"See what you did? I was planning on being gentle to you three too..." She said as she shook her head at the bloodied face of the man who struggled in the grip of the younger one.

He spit at her and she barely dodged the ball of spit and blood that was aimed for her face. Turning with a renewed sense of anger she grit her teeth and fought the small voice that told her to just kick the crap out of him. Instead she pulled out the plastic ties she had stuffed in her pockets and secure him like a pig.

"Please don't kill me. I just started this week. This was supposed to be the safest position" The young one explained in a rushed tone, his face pale and clammy and she breathed out.

"I won't now just sit" She ordered, feeling pity on him. With a deep sigh she merely secured his wrists and turned to deal with the security system.

Slowly she remembered what Seung Hyun had taught her and began by disabling the cameras. Followed by the alarms at each entrance. She focused as her fingers flew on the keyboard and typed in commands that caused different alarms to slowly shut down one by one. Hyorin was so focused that she didn't hear the faint rustling behind her until two bound wrists fell over her head and onto her neck, pulling her straight out of the chair and thrashing on the ground as the wrists pressed into her windpipe and chocked off her air supply. Hyorin tried to pry the arms away but it was no use she realized as the hands pushed tighter, the plastic bind only strengthening them. Her eyes rolled up and stared into the young man's eyes. His eyes glinted in the light and a satisfied grin graced his face.

"You stupid, stupid " He hissed as he pressed harder.

Hyorin knew she wouldn't last long. As she tried to scratch his face with one hand and her legs feebly kicked out, her left arms snuck underneath her shirt. She had to hurry, her mind was beginning to spin she told herself as she held a tight grip on the gun and flung it out shooting blindly in the direction where he was. Blood rained down as the power behind the arms suddenly leaked away and the body crumpled to the ground bringing her along with it. But it didn't matter, all that mattered was the gasping breaths she took as she tired to to get as much oxygen back into her body as she could.

With a shaky hand she pulled her head from the loop his arms had formed around her neck and pushed herself up. She stared down at the body of the young man who had just begged for his life, before suddenly going all vicious on her in the next ten seconds. It probably wasn't his first week either. It was always the quiet ones she thought with a grimace as she pushed herself up, massaged her neck tenderly and sat back down on the computers.

When all the alarms were finally disabled the disposable phone buzzed in her pocket. They were here. With a burning curiosity she flipped back on the entrance cameras. What seemed like a small army of men entered, the identification scanners allowing them in since she had programmed a glitch so that they would read anything as the correct ID and allow it. She flipped the cameras off once again and waited silently in the security room, two men bound and one lying dead by her feet. It was silent for a few minutes or maybe it was seconds, she wasn't too sure, before yells and gunshots sounded out. Her phone buzzed again.

"Hyorin, come out it's time" Seung Hyun spoke in a low tone, an echo of the chaos she heard coming from his side of the line too.

"I'm coming. Jaejoong is knocked out in my room, he won't be a problem for now. I'll be heading up to get my father" She spoke evenly into the phone and hung up. Pulling the blood stained sweatshirt over her head and discarding it on the side, she reloaded her gun and stepped out cautiously.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!